Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a thought... Naruto Plotbunny
Here's a thought... Naruto Plotbunny
Just had an interesting idea. What if Pein and Konan, instead of trying to create an ultimate weapon, kidnapped all the Jinchuuriki at a very young age,
raised them as their own with the goal that they would bring peace to the world? You can't tell me that that would be an uneventful story. With all those
super-powered kids there's never going to be a dull moment and then you're going to have every ninja village trying, to one degree or another, to get
their precious 'weapons' back. It could also be full of WAFF in that all those kids that never had a real family in the canonical story line would
have one in each other in this one.

Thoughts?

Not all of the Jinchuuriki were the same age. IIRC, one of them was actually an old man.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

I like the concept. Superhero kids for the world of ninja.

Well the old man could be in mentor territory easy enough... the thing is if you take Naruto out of Leaf to early he isn't going to be Naruto. So that
means he'll have to be 7-8 to get it to make sense. This would involve Itachi yoinking Narto from the village at the same point as he slaughter his kin.
That would also mean he would be at a stage where he could start performing cranial rectal deinsertions on the others. By which point Gaara would be kinda
nuts and paranoid... and probably Naruto's roommate. Which would probably lead to Naruto to complaining at breakfast about how his roomate stays awake all
night and just creepily stares at him... with occasional threatening comments.

Unless your bringing in Naruto later on than the others and making him have to stabalize the warped children already in the program. Unless something rather
worse than canon happens to Naruto he shouldn't even have access to the demon chakra at all then. Which could be a major plot point... Naruto not having
any powers like he is suppose to have (the seal is constructed to prevent this. a 'Do-Not-Open-Until-Puberty seal if you will). Meaning he'll be
competing with those with the powers without them for a long time. If they don't remember to tell Naruto about his inner demon (they things he already
knows about it and everything he hears is just enough off to make him not notice the others have sealed demons), I can see him competing with the others and
trying to match the demon's powers with his own. The others think he has the 3 tails, he has power, but not the massive barely contained amounts the 9
tails should have. He keeps thinking any talk about contacting your inner demon is code for the chakra development he just started in the academy.

The biggest problem I see is not making it bad after a chapter or three... super powered little kids tend to be a step over into the often execution worthy,
badness that is the babies smarter than all/most adults genre. As a quirky, somewhat cracky misunderstanding fest I could enjoy such a story.. as a pit of
angst and or Uber babies I feel I'd want to beat the cast and crew to death with each other.

Agree, could be a nice story. Properly or crackishly executed.

"badness that is the babies smarter than all/most adults genre."

Akatsuki (or however that's spelled) is made out of s-class missing nins. S-class missing nins that attack, beat, incapacitate Jinchuuriki who are trained
as weapons. I see incapacitation as a harder task than killing in the naruto verse.

So the kids, i think will be less powerfull (at least at the beginning, depends of course on the writer) than the adults. (i do see and agree with the possible
pitfall in a non-crack story)

Crack would be fun, but I see plenty of that floating around lately. I feel like a more 'proper' execution.

I was thinking the same about the old man. He'd definitely be a huge help in helping the kids to understand what they are and what they can do. Only
question is what sort of person is he? Is he a stubborn, grouchy, crotchety old fart or what?

Personally, I was thinking about the kids getting kidnapped when they were around five years old - all but completely helpless if they haven't received any
training yet. Gaara's a different story in that respect, though - he'd already killed a few people by then, IIRC. But I don't believe that he would
be too much for the Akatsuki to handle at that point.

As for stabilizing the warped children, I figure that would be resolved by getting them as young as five years old while their minds are still mallable(sp?)
and before too much damage is done. That aside, I don't think that the basic personality traits are going to be changed much. Naruto will still be noisy
and brash while Gaara will be quiet and let his actions speak for him.

The idea that Naruto Just Doesn't Get It is an interesting angle, but I think the central plot would revolve around how all the other Nin nations go to war
against each other once again because they all think that the other's got their Jinchuuriki. I figure it would be something that Pein would do, ironic as
it seems - cause a war amongst the other Nin nations so that they conveniently overlook Rain.

Another interesting angle to persue would be if Sand and Leaf got wise to what the Akatsuki was up to. Sand, of course, would be infuriated, but too busy with
fighting off everyone else in general to do anything about it, even if Gaara is supposed to be their trump card. Leaf (or rather, Sarutobi) would probably be
like, "Well, you coulda just asked, you friggin' asshat!" This could lead to an uneasy alliance between Leaf and Rain, thus leading to the sneaky
political manuvering as Leaf tries to find out what is really going on - they just don't trust that Akatsuki operation with all the shady characters they
got.

Here's another plot bunny - what if the Jinchuuriki are the progenitors of the various bloodlines, and the people of Konoha discovered that fact?

Considering the massive hard on (pun intended) Konoha has for Bloodlines, poor Naruto would have more fangirls (fanwomen?) after him than Sasuke ever did.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that's been done before... badly... more than once... with exactly those results... for exactly that reason.

It's amazing what people will do to justify a Naruto Harem fic.

On the other side, at least with Sasuke, you *know* what bloodline you're getting (and perhaps throw in a bit where you can build a bloodline slowly out of
a summoning contract as well - to explain things like the Inuzuka - almost but not quite there). It might be pretty entertaining if you knew that having the
child of a Jinchuuriki meant that you'd get a bloodline, and a strong one, but you wouldn't have any idea what until the kid was born. If you also
throw in some sort of 100% pregnancy rate (certainly no *more* unreasonable) and only have people start to figure out when his first (entirely unintended)
child is born with an obvious bizarre new bloodline... well, it could get all *sorts* of interesting - especially depending on who you pick for his first
time... (Sakura? Hinata? Anko?) (because you know she'd take to motherhood like sodium to water.) It works on just about anyone you can justify a
first-time heat-of-the-moment with... for whatever reason... and the "because tomorrow/next week/in a month we may both be dead" thing can be in
effect for just about any of the main characters without any stretch of the imagination at all.

The superhero kids.

Pein won't need the Akatsuki. Or maybe he will, but the spirit prison people will be the Akatsuki members. The rest of the plan seems to work. Charge less
money undercutting the ninja villages. Get the money to hire a large mercenary force. The ninja villages will go bankrupt. No more ninja, world peace, since
the mercenaries are the only ones left in existence. He won't even need the atomic bomb equivalent.

The villages will combine once they figure out who has all their living superweapons. They could hire or offer amnesty to the strongest ninja they find to take
down the Pein's Daybreak. There would be all sorts of interesting politics as each village had a superweapon, keeps the other village from trying to find
out they lost their superweapon, and find out that this upstart Rain village has all of them and horrors, is training them.

I just have this image of the canon Daybreak fighting for the villages' right to harness people as living superweapons vs. Pein's superweapons who are
actually loyal to Pein for taking them in when their entire villages resent them. The difference would be Pein would be fighting for world peace is an actual
acceptable manner, and the villages would be fighting against it.

And just like all 'world peace' plans it ends up in a gigantic slaughter once reality is involved. Though the whole surprised about how that bit was
totally unforeseen will be included in the plan as a known. Often a goal.

Under cut all those villages for so long and you'll end up with 10,000s of unemployed ticked off ninjas... living off the land and they'll eventually
come to the 'last' hidden village. After one village falls it will be dogpile time. This last battle will be a slaughter on all sides. Bankrupting
various countries' military and only pursuing that plan just will not work... once one country falls it will be scrapped for parts and territory. Unless
say, they quietly buy up the economically failing countries, little by little. The Red Clouds plan is literally to cause massive economic collapse.

The ONLY way to get real peace in a war is for one side to win utterly. After a decade/decade and a half of occupation, if the occupied area isn't treated
badly, the largest part of the angst and guerrilla warfare drains off. Then the old bitter people die off or adapt and that area is assimilated into the
conquering lands.

The bankruptcy plan won't work with the hero plan unless the hero plan is PR only. Just think what would happen if all Mist nin went missing nin at once.

I like the economic ploy that kentmagus suggested, but Necratoid pretty much hit the nail on the head for what I had in mind. I say combine the two, with Rain
either buying up the lands or taking them through military action - each Ninja nation being taken on a case-by-case basis. Hell, some of them might just see
where the wind is blowing and formerly side with or surrender to Rain.

So then, I think this bunny's getting to be pretty healthy. Shall we feed it until it gets to Gojira proportions? If so, then I suggest a thorough study of
all the Jinchuuriki - I don't know of them all since all that I have to go on is the first season of the anime and the first six or seven volumes of the
manga (not to mention all the fanfic I've been reading, but then I can't tell for sure what's fannon and what isn't!). How many cannonical
Jincuuriki are there? Can we get some dossiers of them setup here?

I know that there is a few Naruto databases out there, but I just don't want to deal with an information overload - I'm pretty ADD like that. Also
makes it so much nicer when you have all the basic details about these guys on one page. Sure, I'm working on it myself right now, but it's kinda tough
when your dealing with bits and pieces of a picture.

Manga wise only the 3 tailed turtle is shown as unsealed. The two tailed is covered in a very brief fight that cuts away. Gaara and Naruto are known to
you... and I think some old guy is shown breifly... I'm not sure if he was even awake at all for more than a panel or two... everyone else is glossed
over.

The manga and the anime are basically the same... though the anime covers things in greater detail and anything between the battle of the End and Naruto
arriving in Leaf after 3 years of training is virtually all bogus filler and bad... not to mention nonsensical. You can read it it in fantranslation at
Onemanga.com if your interested. just skip past the parts you know.

It would be easier to have you tell us what you do know... Ignoring the total BS that is whatever powers the technically unoffical evil demonic overlord lord
known as Sharingan pulled out of a previously nonexistent orifice this 5 second time period.

Heh. Well, for the most part I'm going off of what I have picked up from A Mother's Love, though I certainly do love the sort of character that Gaara has become in Shipuden. Naruto and Gaara would certainly make a perfect odd couple.
Then there is Yugito. I dunno is she's a fan-character in AML or a cannonical character, but I do find her to be interesting.
Also, there is the other Jinchuuriki from AML who has a short-lived existence... I forget his name, but I believe that he is the container of the four-tailed wolf.
I only really know the cannon up until just before the Sand/Sound invasion, and then I've seen the first few episodes of Shipuden. I'm just trying to feed this bunny and see what comes of it. Wink

Yugito is a canon character... she just gets owned off stage after her intro. She introduces herself collapses some tunnels in the sewers with explosive tags
and then fights the zombie twins. She spends the rest of her stage times beat up over a shoulder then drained of her biju and eaten by Zetsu. I think they
are going to do far more with her in the anime... why else introduce her and kill her off so fast.

One of them has a move that involves getting a drop or three of blood from wounding you.... and then whatever damages him damages you the same way... Asuma
dies because the freak stabs himself in the hearts with his own scyth and Asuma bites it. Basically immortal without regeneration... stitches and scars all
over him.

Heh-heh... That'd be fun to try with one of my characters. It can be tough to hurt him with the more conventional stuff, but he'd figure out that jutsu eventually and -then- there'd be trouble!
Anywho... Whoop! Throw that little lady into da pot!
Okay then, am I correct in assuming that there are only nine Biju out there? If so, then that means we have four definite Jinchuuriki (one of them's an old man), an unsealed Biju that may or may not be sealed up into someone, thus leaving us with five Jinchuuriki to play around with as we see fit. On that note I really did like that Wolf-boy from AML. That, or we can make he a she and call her San or Mononoke. Wink