Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle Query
Idle Query
Has anyone spotted any Negima/Nanoha crossovers? Or Nanoha/Mai-Otome?

Just wondering. Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I've seen a couple of the latter in the wild.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Links?

Pretty Please.

Nanoha is a hard show to do fanfic of, from what I've seen.

It'd be DAMN interesting to see something like it in action, especially since Negi is pretty blatantly packing S class magic by now.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

... You know, a Negi/Nanoha crossover would be very interesting.

It would.

I can see the TSAB making first contact with the mages on Mundus Vetus, and it could go anywhere from there...

...Holy crap. The thought of giving Negi an Intelligent Device fills me with awe and terror. o.O

--Sam

"Absolute power is a sticky wicket."

Anymore so than Little Miss Bikini Atol running around? Thank Kami-sama she's a Good Guy.

I sort of want to see Setsuna and Konoka's version of a drunkard's walk... Actually, it'd be interesting to see them in the FSN universe.
Evangeline too for that matter.

As for Negima / Nanoha, the ones I've seen are them coming in 'stealth' into Negi's class or somehow being called in during the Mahora Festival
arc.

Speaking of Negima. Which version would you recommend exploring, which has the better story? Anime or manga?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

The comic.

None of the animated shows have successfully managed to catch what Akamatsu has been trying to do with the series.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

The recent OAVs have come close, but as they start around volume 19 you'll want to read the manga up to that point anyway.

--Sam

"Egad! Too much anatomy!"

In know there is another Nanoha/Mai-Otome fic lurking in FF.net's Mai-Hime section (no seperate section for Otome there) where the TSAB were responsable for getting the colonists to Earl and maintain some contact with the covernments and Garderobe, but my search!-fu is failing me at this point.

What I can find again is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4245271/1/Dream_Wing]Dream Wing by http://www.fanfiction.net/u/38119/Satashi]Satashi from the Nanoha section. However this hasn't updated for over a year now, which is a shame as the author is fairly good.

Quote:Anymore so than Little Miss Bikini Atol running around? Thank Kami-sama she's a Good Guy.
Well, she is now...

What? You weren't talking about Fate? Or Hayate?

Actually, I could see the TSAB investigating reports of some Lost Logia called "pactio cards". Anybody use that as a premise yet?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Don't think so.

The premises I've seen have regarding Lost Logia items have been stuff like the World Tree at Mahora or perhaps Chao's time-messing clock.

Re: Negima verses

Read the original Negima manga. Starts off a little bit harem but it's all in good fun and once Kyoto comes along, the story starts to take off.

Lost Logia items are generally things that have the potential to wreck an entire planet or tear a chughole into the Warp, or whatever else it is that exists
Outside reality.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Technically I think that a Logia is technically defined as 'just' ancient lostech.

It's restricted because... well. Such items usually do have the potential to wreck an entire planet. But they don't have to by definition; IIRC, Raging Heart was found by Yuuno at an archeological dig, and would technically be one herself.
===========

Except that they never treat RH like one.

Lost Logia seems to have the connotation of 'We have no idea what the hell this is, and it scares the crap out of us.' RH not only is recognized by the
Bureau, they have parts for her on shelf.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Hey, I didn't claim it was consistent, but I'm told that detail's in one of the sound stages.

Which would, in turn, imply that the 'Intelligent Device' technology is, how to say... really old.
===========

Note also that the Book of Darkness is a Lost Logia, but is also an Intelligent Device. (If a seriously broken one.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

More accurately, the Tome is a Unison Device. Which is something similar, but not quite.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

I think that RH isn't classed as a Lost Logia by the TSAB anymore, because they know what it is and how it works. It's gone from being lost technology
to being common.

Interestingly, there are no new Unison Devices.

Reinforce Zwei, Agito, and now our new one in Nanoha Force. But no talk of new ones being made.

But, back on subject, I've noticed that the majority of Nanoha fanfics out there are the sort that either disregard StrikerS entirely, disregard the
continuity entirely, or read a bit like the writer didn't quite pick up on a few things and characterization feels off.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Quote: Berk wrote:

Interestingly, there are no new Unison Devices.

Reinforce Zwei, Agito, and now our new one in Nanoha Force. But no talk of new ones being made.

Ehm... But Reinforce 2 is newly made one. And it was told why IIRC in sound stages:

1. Unison device can take control in unison ala Rein1 in A's - it's dangerous

2. It's very hard to make one.

3. It's actually dangerous to make useful one - there such think as comparability and as Hayate used part of her linker core to make Rein2 i don't
think it's NOT dangerous and possibly cost Hayate part of her power (not that she have problems with that lol) i think it was exactly for comparability
issues.

Also lost logia are exactly that - lost ((magi)techno)logia either method of replication of which is unknown or method of control is. And not all are
dangerous. Remember that auction in Strikers - there is legal market for non dangerous ones. It just extinct civilizations of Al Hazard, Old Belka and others
made many powerful toys which they were in love with so there is enormous number from dangerous to very dangerous ones... actually they love for uncontrollable
and/or powerful toys is exactly what made that civilizations extinct, lol.