Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should not be: Welcome to the next level.

Y'know, the best prank of all would be to demonstrate the catalog's powers in front of Snakepants or Pain... and then arrange for it to fall into their
hands... without letting them know the rules. Wink

--Sam

"You're dethpiccable."

Quote: Evil Midnight Lurker wrote:

Y'know, the best prank of all would be to demonstrate the catalog's powers in front of Snakepants or Pain... and then arrange for it to fall into
their hands... without letting them know the rules. Wink

--Sam

"You're dethpiccable."

Orochimaru: "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

Lurker:

Now that is an evil thought ...And one I really hope someone will pick up...

Oromicharu does a Wile E Coyote impression....
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."

Neville: The Mightiest Disciple.

Pronounced "shy guy."

History's Strongest Apostle Keiichi

--Sam

"SPOON!"

Magical Girl Lyrical Hermione
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:Bravo. That should go on the Fic^2 page on my website.
After just a wee bit of editing. (All that packed-together text is difficult to read...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Snakepants or Pain, aren't the optimal targets. Its Tobi, because Tobi would use it properly at first... You don't even need him to take it... just
borrow it and have him memorized it with his bloodline. Eventually Madara would get a cunning plan and attempt to use it for malignant evil. At
which point it would backfire for no readily apparent reason... Say when Naruto gets to face the true face of Tobi... likely when he sets up an elaborate death
trap for Naruto, using the ACME info he memorized.... If he does it right he can get impossible prank credit for getting Madara to Sharingan himself into a
completely different dimension... say Slayers, where people can actually hit out of phase guys and he is more common and evil.

Going from top of the non-God, non-Biju foodchain to lower middle Mazoku power by his own efforts is pretty funny.

Then have him use it on Snakepants and Paine. Though the set up would have to be written to give Naruto prank credit for Madara's banishment.

Okay, this is old, but the recent movie reminded me of it.

http://www.comicbookmarks.com/2008/04/0 ... watchnuts/]Definitely a crossover that should not be.
-- Bob
---------

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

Okay, this is old, but the recent movie reminded me of it.

Definitely a crossover that should not be.

I've seen a similar Azumanga Daioh rendering of the Watchmen cast floating around recently, though with Sakaki as Dr. Manhattan, it's not exactly SFW.
The rest of the cast had Chiyo as Ozymandius (riding onTadakichi-san as the jungle cat), Osaka as Rorsarch, Tomo as the Silk Spectre, Yomi as Nite Owl, Kagura
as the Comedian, and the orange Cat-Dad thing as the monster from the end of the comic.
------------
Honou Productions.

I found one (safe for work) page from that.
No sign of the others though.

--Sam

"Blood covers The City like a big red afghan."

<snort>
-- Bob
---------

Osaka as Rorshach. Arioch have mercy on us.

Those who liked the crossover of Neon Genesis Evangelion with the 300 trailer (I certainly did) may like this: a crossover of NGE with the Gladiator trailer ... with
Shinji as Maximus. As one comment reads, "When did Shinji become so manly?"
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Idiot's Walk
Here's a crossover bunny for y'all: What if, near the beginning of the infamous Ten-Year Training Journey, Genma Saotome had acquired (by means fair
or foul), a D-Hopper?

It goes w/o saying that he wouldn't know how to *use* it properly....

"Dammit, Pops! I can't *believe* you tried to pawn my lightsaber! That was a gift from Luke!"

"A master of Anything-Goes has no need of weapons, boy! Besides, I was hungry..."

"Felgercarb! *You* try reflecting blaster bolts with raw ki, Pops! I'm still trying to figure that out."

"This? This is the Bazaar... at Deva. Speaking of which, could I interest you fine gentlemen in a small exchange...?"

"Well, the good news is, all the female Cylon models want Ranma, so they're refusing to support any attacks against the fleet."

"And the bad news?"

"All the *male* Cylon models just want Ranma dead. And they outnumber the female models...."

"Who did you call? The Legion of Super-Heroes?"

"Better. The Legion of Alternate Ranmas."

"Jabba's an *alien,* Leia said. No interest in *human* women, Leia said. Better to go as a helpless-looking *girl,* Leia said. Should've known
better than to trust a politician, even if she *is* Luke's sister...."

"Sheryl? Ranka? This is my... cousin... Ranma."

Followed shortly by:

"When I said I'd help out, I thought you needed another VF pilot! Not someone to fill in for Minmei on the '3 Divas' benefit concert!"

"Say, Raging Heart -- you think you can copy a Mouko Takabisha?"

"Lambda driver, huh? So, does that make this a 'mech I can finally do actual martial arts in?"

"How many times do I have to TELL you Psi-Corps idiots: IT'S NOT TELEKINESIS!!!!"

"No fear, huh? Well, you got the right guy. So how does this Green Lantern thingy work, anyhow?"

Sharpe/Ranma:

"What do you mean some Chinese brat made off with all your muskets?"

~

BANG "Man, Hidden -" BANG "Weapons style -" BANG "and muskets -" BANG "are made -" BANG "for each -" BANG
"other."

"Who is this kid?"

"With all respect, sir, hush up and keep loading. He'll be back for another five dozen in a minute."
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

"I'm a master of Anything Goes Martial Arts! I don't use weapons!"

"Call me, my master."

"Especially weapons that talk!"

(Ranma/Nanoha, of course.)
--
Rob Kelk

Harold Potter and the Purple Crayon
-- Bob
---------

A Joss Whedon / Michael de Larrabeiti co-production:

Dr Borrible's Sing-Along Blog
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:"I'm a master of Anything Goes Martial Arts! I don't use weapons!"

Out of curiosity, does that have anything whatsoever even remotely resembling support in canon?

Pronounced "shy guy."

Quote: Shay Guy wrote:

Quote: "I'm a master of Anything Goes Martial Arts! I don't use weapons!"
Out of curiosity, does that have anything whatsoever even remotely resembling support in canon?
None whatsoever. He doesn't often use weapons, but if the situation calls for it? Anything Goes. Tongue

--Sam

"The world is a dark and lonely place."

I'd go to extent of calling it fully anticanon fanon. Ranma doesn't want to relie on weapons. He thinks relieing solely on weapons is stupid.. he
knows how to use basically all melee weapons and well... probably most pregunpowder ranged weapons as well. Kuno relies solely on weapons: Moron. Ryouga has
choosen melee weapons (umbrela, bandana's, belt) but is fully capable of fighting without them: Smart and proper aditude towards weapons. Mousse grey
area.

Its the same kind of dirivative fanon myth as Ranma won't fight girls. Early canon proves this totally wrong. He doesn't like to pick on the weak,
most girl technically qualify in this sense... but his other reluctance to fight girl, those that can fight, is more because weird things happen as a result.
See Kodachi and Shampoo (any Amazon) for clear examples. Granted he prefers to be female when these fights occure... but its a lie to say he has some bizarree
no fighting anything female rule.

I won't get into the fanon surrounding Nabiki and Akane... but lets say it is not a way of going to my happy place.

Quote:Out of curiosity, does that have anything whatsoever even remotely resembling support in canon?
Nope. In fact, I recall at least one scene where Genma gives Ranma training in armed combat.

"Anything Goes" means "Anything Goes", not "Anything Without A Weapon Goes". But it was funnier to go with fanon...
--
Rob Kelk

Harry Potter has black hair and green eyes.

There's another fictional character with black hair and green eyes.

Corwin of Amber.
Unfortunate homophones
"Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but your uncle wouldn't
allow it. He feare d you might follow old Obi-Wan on some damn fool idealistic crusade like your father did."

"What is it?"

"The weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age. This--
" The old man placed his hand on the vault door handle and flung it open with a
stage-magician flourish. "--was your father's Knight Saber."

Oh, I'm going to catch heck for this one, I just know it. Smile

Quote:"--was your father's Knight Saber."

Re-imaging Sylia and company as artificial combat CIs, 33-s, in hardsuits..

the first one out of the box is, hrm, Priss? Leia inherits Nene, Han Solo ends up with Sylia, and Lynna escapes from Boba Fett and bonds with Chewie..

and all goes wonderfully until Leia asks Nene to "take off that armor and speak with me face to face", revealing that the girls are not, in fact, humanoid robots, but instead, _replicants_ in power armor..

Sylia and Priss hook up, Luke gets a piece of Nene on a regular basis, Lynna and Chewie.. @_@

write it.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies