Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that MUST be

Tengu Toppa Gurren Laggan crossed with Evangelion.

Misato giving the "Believe in the me that believes in you," speech.

Shinji with a very long sword.

Tabris with Pointy teeth.

Quote: Tengu Toppa Gurren Laggan crossed with Evangelion.
I'm pretty sure they'd annihilate each other on contact.

--Sam

"His therapist advocates the primal scream."

I recall at one point or another in the last 6 months or so coming across a Naruto Fanfic with a theme along those lines unfortunately I can't recall
author or title though.

From what I recall Ninja forces from one of the hidden villages were besieging a castle full of Samurai who had built and stockpiled firearms and the story in
part implied that the Ninja villages regarded suppressing the development and use of firearms to be of great importance.

Quote: Epsilon wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me. The existence of ninja and how jealousy they gaurd their secrets seems to have propped up feudalism longer than normal and given
the supression of firearms in real world Japan due to an attempt by the feudal state to keep itself in power its a safe assumption.

---------------

Epsilon
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."

Quote: werehawk wrote:

I recall at one point or another in the last 6 months or so coming across a Naruto Fanfic with a theme along those lines unfortunately I can't recall
author or title though.

From what I recall Ninja forces from one of the hidden villages were besieging a castle full of Samurai who had built and stockpiled firearms and the story
in part implied that the Ninja villages regarded suppressing the development and use of firearms to be of great importance.

Quote: Epsilon wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me. The existence of ninja and how jealousy they gaurd their secrets seems to have propped up feudalism longer than normal and
given the supression of firearms in real world Japan due to an attempt by the feudal state to keep itself in power its a safe assumption.

---------------

Epsilon

It just occurred to me: might you be referring to the background of the recent (ha!) plot arc in Suiren by Eimii?

Quote: Evil Midnight Lurker wrote:

Quote: Tengu Toppa Gurren Laggan crossed with Evangelion.
I'm pretty sure they'd annihilate each other on contact.

I thought so too, but then I realized that the result of the mutual annihilation would, inexplicably, be TTGL.

And it would be awesome.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Yes, this.

-----------------

Epsilon

I didn't think it was possible to make Twilight look creepier, but there it is.

http://www.mangafox.com/m...enjibou/v03/c016/20.html

http://www.mangafox.com/m...nsei_negima/c094/12.html

The Railgun meets Mana Tatsumiya. This feels like a match made for collateral damage galore if they ever combined their techniques.

If you want to Doom the Universe really fast, cross the Dahak Universe with Irresponsible Captain Tyler, and Down Periscope.

.... I don't think it would so much as doom the universe as much as make it a very interesting place... in the ancient Chineses sense of the word, at
least.
Too many captains
"Captain Jack Sparrow? I'm Captain Jack Harkness. Care to meet my friend, Captain Morgan?"

"I think perhaps there are one captain too many on this ship, mate."

"Ah, but *this* captain--" "--makes rum."

"Well, one can never have too many captains, I always say. Especially if they're bringing rum. Let us retire to my cabin and, ah, test the vintage,
shall we?"

From "Pirates of the Carribean: The Man From T.O.R.C.H.W.O.O.D. Affair."

And given Harkness, it just might *be* an "affair." Although whether Sparrow switch-hits is an open question.

And the great thing is, it can even fit into canon for both source series without breakage or even serious bendage. Torchwood and Jack have been around more
than long enough.

Now I just need to figure out a way to squeeze in a cameo by Napoleon Solo and Ilya Kuryakin (or, better, their ancestors) to to fulfill the promise of (one
of) the pun(s) in the title.

At the end of the 3rd movie Sparrow was heading off in search of the Fountain of Youth. Which means you _could_ set it in a more modern time. Would help
explain the Captain Morgan bottle as well. 8P

Irresponsible Captain Tyler, and the Yellow Submarine would be an Interesting Cross.

Yellow Submarine No. 6?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:Yellow Submarine No. 6?
I remember seeing that one at the late, lamented "Food Court" website.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

It's also on New Avalon TV in Undocumented Features.

--Sam

"In the Sphere, where I was born..."

Ah, that's probably where I got it from. It seemed familiar even as I typed it.
-- Bob
---------

Doom the Universe? Drop Ranma into a Stargate/Buffy cross, get him snaked, and use as the big bad. For all the Ranma-Sue and 'revenge' fics out there,
there's suprisingly few where he's actually really BAD, which is why I put this here instead of CTSNB.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Aside from Ill Met By Starlight, you mean?

I've seen Ranma in a Stargate/Sailor Moon crossover, but he didn't get snaked.

Pronounced "shy guy."

Something I thought of a while back and never got around to writing out until now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a brisk November day that found Sylia Stingray standing in front of a massive pair of wrought iron gates, as her car idled beside her, wondering if
she was about to do something foolish.

Years after the death of her father, after the shock of the data he had posthumously sent to her, she had found herself with a single purpose, a mission:
thwart GENOM, the company that had profited from his work and had murdered him for it. The crimes the company had committed afterwards with her father's
legacy, and gotten away with, fueled her resolve. She would fight back, but how? GENOM was enormous, growing with each passing year. She had no combat skills
to fight the ever growing threat of rogue boomers the police could barely handle, and she certainly could not attack the company from either a financial or
legal direction, no matter the how much money she had or how much evidence pointed at them. At times it seemed like going against the company would be futile
and the unbearable pressure became too much.

She escaped by going to university in the United States; although GENOM's influence was worldwide, it was mostly felt in Japan and in the US Sylia at
least felt some relief as she attended her courses and thought about her future, revenge and justice never far from her mind.

It was there that she first heard the story.

It was ridiculous, a tall tale, some joke cooked up by a bored student. There was no chance anyone actually did things like that. But it resonated so
closely to what Sylia wanted, so she began to research it when a thought occurred to her. A completely outlandish, foolhardy, potentially dangerous idea.

But if she could do it…

So in between studying and lab experiments she collated and analyzed every scrap of relevant information she could find, pulling together police reports and
newspaper articles, eyewitness accounts and rumors, sifting them all through her brilliant mind and picking out the most important parts, putting all together
into a giant mental tapestry. And one day she found her answer. She was not a hundred percent certain, but the evidence all pointed to her conclusion.

Which brought her here today, standing in front of the gates, a cool breeze ruffling her hair. Sylia went over everything in her head. She needed training,
in both combat and in secrecy, maintaining a public façade while putting together a covert group of vigilantes to go up against GENOM. Obtaining team mates
later could potentially be useful, but for the moment she needed all the necessary qualities to run such an operation…

…and she was standing in front of the home of the person who could train her in everything she would need.

She had already made an appointment, and although she had not made her true intentions known, she did have a legitimate reason for seeing him; his company
was a leader in the American technology sector. Steeling herself, and hoping that all of her research had not been for naught, Sylia rang the buzzer on the
intercom.

A few moments later a stately, vaguely British accented voice answered, "Yes?"

Sylia took a moment to compose herself. "This is Sylia Stingray, I believe I have appointment today."

"Ah yes, you are just on time. Allow me to open the gates for you and I will inform Master Wayne of your presence."

"Thank you."

The giant gates rumbled open and Sylia got into her car. As she drove up the long driveway of Wayne Manor, she thought to herself, Well, I'm in.

I just hope I can convince Batman to instruct me in how to be a vigilante.

... Whoah.

Please tell me I am not the only one imagining Sylia in a robin outfit.

I'm imagining Sylia in the Batman Beyond batsuit...
-- Bob
---------

Gotta side with Bob on this one. Yowza.

Does it count that Bubblegum Disaster Sylia is Bruce's daughter? Maybe only if I actually manage to write more of it...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

I'm recalling the old incomplete(?) fic SMILE, which involved the Sabres facing off against a boomer with Joker's personality.