Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that MUST be

Come to think of it, there was a pretty damn good one that had had them up against Mr Freeze. I think it was even complete, but this would have been ca 1999 or
earlier so I don't remember many details.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

I believe SMILE was the sequel to that one, CD.

RPM was the author, I think.

Huh, good to know that it's been done before. Classic, do you have a link to where you keep the old chapters? I remember reading it some time back.

And on that note...

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

I'm imagining Sylia in the Batman Beyond batsuit...

*Pictures Sylia in Terry's suit*

*Mind explodes due to presence of massively concentrated awesome*

BDis parts 1-9 and an incomplete 10 can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bdpreread in the files
section. You have to join the group but I just turned mod approval off again so there's no waiting.

10 is complete but I have no way to post it- Yahoo, FFN, Mediaminer, and Yuku all make my pda browser crash, and psps don't support copy and paste. The
library doesn't allow usb drives, either. As you can guess, this pisses me off, and is why my only output has been on the addventure.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

part 7 is the one with bat-relevance anyway. as haiku

Two line summary

Batmobile meets the Griffon

There is a big boom.

eta- HATE! HATE! HATE! YUKU! SHIIIIII-NEEEEEE!!!
--

I know I typed it somewhere, but I couldn't find it so....

About 500 years before the start of the Diaspora, the ancestors of the Cetgandans created a breed of humans who can live in null-gee gravity. These people
where supposed to go long distance scouting for suitable planets. The people are very similar to humans except the elf-shaped ears. A squadron of them was sent
for long distance exploration, until contact was lost with a portion of them. Repeated investigations resulted in similar fates of the investigation ships.
Which lead to 2 things. Loss of these people called by the Cetagandans call the "Abh". And the discovery of the wormhole nexus. Which lead to
discontinuation of the "Abh" line.

Now 500 years later their descendants came back. Unfortunately, they ended up coming to Komaar.

Lord Auditor Vorkorsigan meet Admiral Spoor. Admiral Spoor, meet Lord Vorkorsigan.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

I dunno much about Vorkorsigan, but anything involving Admiral Spoor... Smile

Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

Vorkosigan is sort of like a manic, manipulative genius. For example, one of my favorite stories in the series is one of his earlier adventures
where he goes on a small trading journey in an unarmed cargo vessel during vacation and accidentally makes himself the Admiral of the mercenary fleet that
captures him.

The series is by Lois McMaster Bujold. You should check it out. It's a pretty fun series IMO.

Quote: tjalorak wrote:

Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

Vorkosigan is sort of like a manic, manipulative genius. For example, one of my favorite stories in the series is one of his earlier adventures
where he goes on a small trading journey in an unarmed cargo vessel during vacation and accidentally makes himself the Admiral of the mercenary fleet that
captures him.

"They followed me home, Dad. Can I keep them?"
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:I dunno much about Vorkorsigan,
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/vorkosigan/]Got a spare $29.99?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

As a longtime (approximately twenty years) Miles fan, I'd just like to add that the blurb for that gamebook is perfect when it says:

Quote: Miles Vorkosigan is brilliant, charismatic, the heir to a noble house on a warrior planet . . . and hopelessly crippled.

No. Not hopelessly. A Vorkosigan never gives up. And when the fragile, dwarfed, odd-looking Miles charges headlong against the universe . . . Miles may
break, but he's used to breaking. And he'll pay that price, for his Emperor's honor and his own, because when Miles hits it hard enough, the
universe gives way.
Or, as his mother put it,

Quote: "...we are discussing a young man upon whom Barrayar laid so much unbearable stress, so much pain, he created an entire other personality to escape
into. He then persuaded several thousand galactic mercenaries to support his psychosis, and on top of that conned the Barrayaran Imperium into paying for it
all.... I grant you he's a genius, but don't you dare try to tell me he's sane."
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

I'm pretty sure Admiral Spoor and him will get along very well.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

It's not Admiral Spoor or Miles Vorkosigan we're worried about. It's the universe and everyone around them! Tongue

Don't worry tjalorak I'm sure the God Emperor of Mankind, Lelouche vi Britannia foresaw this thousands of years ago and made sure that McGuyver had an
extra paperclip. That should keep the rest of the world safe.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Sawako Kuronuma goes to North High (say she's in the year below, just for plot convenience). Haruhi hears the rumors and recruits her. Hilarity and
cuteness both ensue.

Pronounced "shy guy."

femShep colonist sole survivor vanguard -- On their way back from defeating the Collectors (I'm assuming you CAN win and you win with no or minimal
losses), their ship is heavily damaged and suffers some sort of failure, could be engine, navigation, etc., and find themselves not at the Omega 4 relay ...
but coming out of the Wormhole into either Manticore or Beowulf some time after Oyster Bay.

Cue: chaos.

Bonus for a plot point that involves Shepard hitting the roof over the existence of Mesa and Manpower.

Crossposting from the RPGnet forum awesome-crossovers thread:
It's time to break out my heaviest artillery. Big Grin
A thousand years from now, routine excavation of a new cross-continental tubeway breaks into a previously unknown cavern system.  In these caverns, workers discover an ancient alien installation -- dating back to the late 1940s, a century before humans even contacted our nearest neighbors on Mars and Venus!
Here lie working stasis tubes, containing several humans and two animals.  Once they are awakened, the startling truth is revealed -- these are the greatest adventurer-hero of the twentieth century and his assistants.  In their last recorded exploit, they encountered strange beings claiming to be damned souls and devils from Hell itself -- but the adventurer later realized that this was a false front, and returned to the caverns to foil an impending alien invasion.  Trapped by a cave-in, he and his group resorted to the aliens' stasis gear in hopes of eventual rescue... though they hadn't imagined waiting this long.
The adventurer, a genius beyond compare, quickly masters the new technology of this bright and star-spanning future.  A paragon of physical might and moral rectitude, he is offered a fast-track through their space navy's command school --  and, at graduation, is honored with the highest badge of authority their civilization acknowledges.
That space navy is the GALACTIC PATROL.  That badge is no less than the LENS OF CIVILIZATION itself -- and that adventurer is...
DOC SAVAGE: THE BRONZE LENSMAN!
Big Grin
(It is, incidentally, obvious to any sufficiently advanced intellect that Doc and Pat are ancestors/relatives of the MacDougalls and full inheritors of that side of the Arisian human-eugenics program. Which leads us to the further conclusion that the Wold-Newton "meteorite" and its suspiciously beneficial "radiation" was really an Arisian genetic modification tool of some sort.  ^.^ )
--Sam
"Absolute power is a sticky wicket."

This is actually a discarded concept from the Drunkard's Walk Harry Potter Step: Take Harry in one hand, and Shadowrun in the other, then bring them together to reveal a new and different Power He Knows Not:

Harry Potter, Physical Adept
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

*wrong thread*
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

hmmm, not sure if you guys have seen this, but i think it classes for the thread.
found it on aprils fools day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozc_zHWo ... ai6KXaHIhI

Dark Seraph Wrote:Insert Title Here

Oh my. VERY well done, and that might be good enough for me to put up with Haruhi.

Impressive!
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I submit to you this:

What would happen if the currently-reformed Edward Nygma, the Riddler, crossed paths with Conan Edogawa/Shinichi Kudo from Case Closed/Great Detective Conan?

I wonder how long it would take Eddie to utterly skewer the absurdities in Conan's modus operandi?

If I had a title, it might be something along the lines of: "Riddled with Flaws."

--Doc

LOL I'd love to see this!

At the start of the third episode of Nanoha, we see Nanoha and Yuuno sealing a Jewel Seed in front of what appears to be a high school.  What if this is the high school attended by one Makoto Mizuhara, on the fateful night when Ifurita sent everyone still on school grounds to El-Hazard?  Fate and Precia would follow a few weeks later, as without Nanoha's interference, or her battles with Fate attracting the attention of the TSAB, Fate would have been able to collect all but five of the Jewel Seeds with little difficulty. Having surpassed the 13 Seeds needed as a minimum, Precia's spell would be cast successfully, though El-Hazard doesn't quite live up to the legends she had hoped for.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Jorlem Wrote:though El-Hazard doesn't quite live up to the legends she had hoped for.
I'd say the Eye of God is exactly what Precia wants.  And El Hazard fits so well into Nanoha that it's been my personal canon for quite a while. Smile
--Sam
"I'm running out of municipal property to throw at them."