Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that MUST be

Thinking about it, you're right. Makoto was able to learn to do that dimension jumping thing eventually, so the spells/tech must be there somewhere. The bit with the Eye of God would have to stay fairly close to canon to preserve the closed loop, so I don't think Precia would end up using it, though she would definitely try.

Also, do think it would be reasonable for the Tome of the Night Sky to have been a prototype/proof of concept for Ifurita's technique copying ability? The Tome would have been modified once, into a researcher's tool, then again in an attempt to create something like Ifurita, resulting in it becoming the Book of Darkness. This also leaves open the possibility that the Tome's original programming still exists somewhere on El-Hazard.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Oh wow. This is working out to be a great concept.
ETA:  What kind of superpower would Nanoha get in the transition?  And how could you tell?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Probably someting like self-styling hair or the ability to talk to small cute animals.
Everyone will just assume that it's being Ifurita's kid sister.

Hmm... That sounds about right. Of the four that get sent in canon, the three students get powers that are situational at best, while the teacher's power is usually inactive thanks to his smoking and drinking habits, so a power that is usually useless, but is extremely useful once in while would fit. (When I first showed El-Hazard to a friend, he decided early on that Makoto's power was looking exactly like the missing princess.)

Precia, on the other hand, would get her Incurable Cough Of Death cured.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Having come from a screening of Kick Ass, two people I really want to see together in a scene.

Hit Girl (Mindy Macready) and Batgirl (Cassandra Cain).

Another thought on Nanoha/El-Hazard: How would Nanoha's family react to Nanoha disappearing like that?

Its almost certain the soccer game would be called off to search, derailing the citywide tree bit, and possibly allowing the Takamachis to end up with an unsealed Jewel Seed depending on how much they know about what Nanoha was up to. It also wouldn't be long before they discovered that three other kids and a teacher vanished the same night, but beyond that, I'm not sure.
-----

Presuming that Fate manages to get the remaining Jewel Seeds, what would Precia do with her? With Nanoha absent, there's nothing with regards to canon to stop Precia from simply eliminating/disposing of Fate once she's able to open the gate. Or trying to, anyways. Or maybe she drags Fate along with her just in case, disguising Alicia's pod as a piece of necessary equipment.

In this scenario, I think she would take Fate along, if only because one does not dispose of a tool that has proven effectiveness. She was able, in this continuity, to quickly locate and retrieve a large number of lost logia, something which, as far as Precia knows, will need to be done again, as the most recent knowledge about El Hazard is from the war when Ifurita and The Eye of God were used, so who knows what state the world is in now. Two people can work faster than one, and Precia knows that she is almost out of time, at least before they arrive on El Hazard.
-----

Could Precia bring the Garden with her? The Garden itself imploded (IIRC) at the end of the first season, but it could be possible to bring it along for the ride with more Jewel Seeds.

Which would then mean that El-Hazard would have both the Garden and the Eye of God orbiting it.

(Presuming that it doesn't crash land on the planet, anyhow.)

To be honest, I think that using the Garden as a vessel was the original plan in canon. Given that it ripped itself apart across dimensional faults, and then imploded into imaginary space (or something along those lines) when the jump was attempted with insufficient Jewel Seeds, I think its likely that Precia had the place rigged up as a massive dimensional transport from the get go. It was powered by a Lost Logia of the same type as the Jewel Seeds, albeit weaker than the Seeds, after all.

Again, consider that Precia had no idea what condition El Hazard would be in upon her arrival. For all she knew, it could have been rendered permanently uninhabitable by the war that threw it into the dimensional void, or wherever. It would only make sense for her to bring a base/space station, just in case.
-----

Guys, just so you know, I'm taking notes for DSKS. Wink

Jorlem Wrote:Another thought on Nanoha/El-Hazard: How would Nanoha's family react to Nanoha disappearing like that?
Its almost certain the soccer game would be called off to search ...
Well, of course the soccer game was called off! Look at who the opposing team's coach is... (Thanks to Epsilon for pointing out the resemblance to me.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Hmm... That coach does look rather like Fujisawa, doesn't he?  Thanks for pointing that out.  The way this is fitting together is almost eerie.
-----

Some issues that come up here... 1) If the coach is missing for weeks on end they'd get a replacement or cancel the club.  2) I'm pretty sure time relative to Earth freezes as El Hazard is happening... which would be a giant continuity error if things are happening for weeks on end...   So you'd have to have them go back to El Hazard post series.  3) El Hazard is like Tenchi in that it collects alternate time lines... so you basically have to pick one.
Edit: Your also sending randoms to El Hazard and no one even mentions El Hazard's main selling point for tourism... nonlocals get a random superpower just for showing up.

My impression wasn't that time froze while the events of El Hazard were occurring, but rather that Mokoto went back in time to pick up Ifurita post series. Its definitely possible, considering that Ifurita got thrown back around 10,000 years when the Eye of God exploded. IIRC, it was copying the Eye's warping of space and time that gave Ifurita the ability to send Mokoto and everyone else to El Hazard.

Also, from what I could tell, the soccer game occurs on the same day as Nanoha sealing the Jewel Seed at the school, or at the latest the next day, not weeks later.

As for powers, there was a bit of discussion earlier, and like you said the powers are random. Jinnai got the insect version of Aquaman's powers. He was just lucky enough to land in the middle of an insectoid army that was already on the verge of world domination. His sister got the power to always ignore illusions. Not to know when they are being used, or negating them, they just don't effect her, which is rather useless for the most part, considering she doesn't know what everyone else is seeing to realize an illusion is being used. Anyway, the only extra people who would likely be going to El Hazard would be Nanoha, Yuuno, Precia, Alicia, Fate, and maybe the TSAB, if they follow Precia. Either way, the TSAB's shields would likely protect them from whatever it was in the transit process that gave them the powers.

Some of the other guys might be drawing info from other places, but I'm only familiar with the first OVA series, and haven't had time to watch the others yet.
-----

Jorlem Wrote:Some of the other guys might be drawing info from other places, but I'm only familiar with the first OVA series, and haven't had time to watch the others yet.
You're better off. n.n;  I still wish I could unsee the TV series, and the second OVA wasn't anything to write home about...
--Sam
"His therapist advocates the primal scream."

*Shrugs*

I'll keep that in mind. The box set I have has all the OVAs though, so I might as well watch them. The sub's translation of the poem at the beginning is an epic fail though. How did that make it through proofreading? There's a decent translation on the box, for crying out loud!
-----

Jorlem Wrote:Another thought on Nanoha/El-Hazard: How would Nanoha's family react to Nanoha disappearing like that? 
They would be too busy being dead. Full scale dimension disturbance made by Precia = Earth go BOOM! Essentially it was main reason that everybody was after her. Otherwise at least Nanoha would be OK with her using Jewel Seeds to go to place where she can resurrect Alicia even after all that happened.

Quote:They would be too busy being dead. Full scale dimension disturbance made by Precia = Earth go BOOM! Essentially it was main reason that everybody was after her. Otherwise at least Nanoha would be OK with her using Jewel Seeds to go to place where she can resurrect Alicia even after all that happened.

This would, indeed, have been the case if such a thing had occurred while on Earth... but the Garden of Space and Time was not. Without supporting scene references, I can't consider your assertion a credible argument.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

While there was an earthquake when Precia activated the Jewel Seeds in canon, I think it was mentioned or implied that if she had enough Jewel Seeds the disturbance would have been focused into forming the gate, instead of wasting energy by causing the earthquakes. There was a line that said something along the lines of "9 Jewel Seeds are enough to create a dimensional disturbance, but to fully open the gate to Alhazard, 4/5 more would be needed."
-----

Jorlem Wrote:While there was an earthquake when Precia activated the Jewel Seeds in canon, I think it was mentioned or implied that if she had enough Jewel Seeds the disturbance would have been focused into forming the gate, instead of wasting energy by causing the earthquakes. There was a line that said something along the lines of "9 Jewel Seeds are enough to create a dimensional disturbance, but to fully open the gate to Alhazard, 4/5 more would be needed."
Nah. And it was not even side effect. It was MAIN effect. Her way to go to Al Hazard was to rip space-time continuum enough that it would broke and create path. So it would be even more destructive if not countered by Lindy or with full power of all/most Jewel Seeds. And it would be both. So instead of just some quakes we will see perfect replication of flashbacks from Yuuno history talk.

Valles Wrote:This would, indeed, have been the case if such a thing had occurred while on Earth... but the Garden of Space and Time was not. Without supporting scene references, I can't consider your assertion a credible argument.
Only creating path to Al Hazard by Precia way is to rip space-time continuum on multidimensional scale. And Earth was affected even by smaller-scale attempt that was pacified by Lindy. IIRC space-time continuum was disturbed to the extent that Asura was required to stay near Earth for more than month because it was to dangerous to fly to Mid or HQ. Such things are exact reason of TSAB formation - they affect not only close vicinity but multi-dimensional areas.

Quote:Only creating path to Al Hazard by Precia way is to rip space-time continuum on multidimensional scale.

Correct, or at least implied to be so.

Quote:And Earth was affected even by smaller-scale attempt that was pacified by Lindy.

I can recall no such incident in either anime or supplementary manga.

Quote:IIRC space-time continuum was disturbed to the extent that Asura was required to stay near Earth for more than month because it was to dangerous to fly to Mid or HQ.

I have never previously heard this suggested, whether in canon or fanfic.

Quote:Such things are exact reason of TSAB formation - they affect not only close vicinity but multi-dimensional areas.

StrikerS explicitly contradicts this, stating that the TSAB was formed to enforce armament limitation treaties similar to but more extensive than existing nuclear anti-proliferation agreements of the real world.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Valles Wrote:
Quote:IIRC space-time continuum was disturbed to the extent that Asura was required to stay near Earth for more than month because it was to dangerous to fly to Mid or HQ.

I have never previously heard this suggested, whether in canon or fanfic.
This one is stated in the final episode of the first season. I believe it was six months that they had to wait for the continuum to settle sufficiently that they could return home, but I'm not sure of that number.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Valles Wrote:
Quote:And Earth was affected even by smaller-scale attempt that was pacified by Lindy.

I can recall no such incident in either anime or supplementary manga.
In the second to last episode there are shots of the city experiencing an earthquake.  Once everything at the Garden is over, we see Nanoha's siblings in the dojo, who say that the earthquake appears to have passed.
If we need to prevent Precia from activating her method of getting to El Hazard without Nanoha or the TSAB being there,  the Wolkenritter could do it.  The Book of Darkness first activated around this timeframe anyway, and they are quite capable of dimension hopping on their own.  Do you think pages could be drained from Jewel Seeds?
-----