Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be: Probability Revoked on Account of Reign.

Wiredgeek Wrote:Speaking of Harry..

spoiler marked to avoid hurting your enjoyment of the Dresden Files books.
Nice. I'd like to read that.

Except inasmuch as there don't seem to be a lot of obvious ways to pull it off without defining the big A. as a Red Court vampire, which would have connotations I don't enjoy; still, there are at least a few.

Judging by the history of the Red Court as listed in a Denarious Harry Potter Fanfic segway one shot... Alucard can't be one of them.  Vlad became a No Life King, because he gave a heartfelt and true cussing of of the Overgod with a host of reasons why this entire Turkish army invasion thing was total @&!@%@$%@!!!  He apparently managed to legitamately get the Overgod's attention and was heard out... the result was him becoming a Zeroth Generation abomination of a Vampire.  This puts his on the same level as angels for direct divine power ups.  No Life Kings are crazy rare... less that 100 in history rare.  Maybe 10-15 active rare (and you have to really, really, really impress them to get turned).  Like basically anysupernatural below Fairy Queen level thinks they are fake legends rare.  The entire Freak Vampire thing is only possible because they are draining essessence from a sealed first generation No Life Queen.
The Hellsings caught one and spent a century going all mad scientist and sorcery of him.  Alucard is what happens when your DM does not read his power gamers proposed character stat sheet or for RP reasons the DM has given 1600 points of character flaws and such and roled for divine intervention.  Seriously, you can make a fanfic of that... Hellsing as a run of gaming sessions gone wonky.
The real story in that case is likely that of the White Council going insane trying to define Seras (She makes no sense... lets inflict her on Harry)... or it warping into a bizarre buddy cop... err... Vampire fic as whatever force gets involved in Incognito's London attack and they get completely distracted dealing with the interlopers.

Wall Street/Full Metal Alchemist.
"greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed
works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the
evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for
money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

We've secretly replaced Mamoru from Sailor Moon with Mamoru from Sister Princess. Let's see if anyone notices.

(Because if nobody notices, we'll secretly replace Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist with Ed from Cowboy Bebop...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Or the other way around?

Which one?

"Mamo-chan... hey, you aren't Mamo-chan! You're a girl!" Meanwhile, Chiba-san is wondering how to get back to being surrounded by only five pretty girls.

Elsewhere, Ed has hacked the Equivalent Exchange system to make it non-equivalent for her, while Ed hunts down every bounty that's ever made a "short" joke.

Next up, we've secretly replaced Akane from Ranma 1/2 with Akane from Magic User's Club... ("You think I'm not cute? I cut Cologne's magic class to date you, and that's the thanks I get? Don't bother calling me tomorrow." Meanwhile, Takeo's been embedded in the wall because of his ecchi thoughts, yet again.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

As I recall, many many years ago someone actually wrote one of these, swapping Akane from Ranma with Akane from Kimagure Orange Road.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

We've swapped Edward . . . between Full Metal Alchemist and Twilight.

Mm. You know, I wonder if I shouldn't write up a TVTropes entry for this kind of story -- and call it a Folgers Fic. I should have at least three examples, though, first. I can go looking for that swapped-Akanes one I mentioned above, but I can't think of any others off the top of my head.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Lock this thread please. New thread started "CTNSB: Reigning in (the) Chaos."