Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be: Probability Revoked on Account of Reign.

Quote: Necratoid wrote:

So no clue who that is, drawing style looks late '80s to early '90s though... on the other hand, I'm baffled... why would someone create an error
message that means 'You must hit enter on the address bar to continue'? All I can think is its to prevent people wasting their bandwidth on other
boards with a direct connection.

*ding*ding*ding*

Essentially the website owner wants to prevent hotlinking.

---------------

Epsilon

As I understand matters, what the "hitting Enter on the address bar" step does is re-send the request without the "referer" header which
tags it as originating from a different Website.

Some sites will return 403 errors unless the request has a "known correct" referer header, i.e. one tagging the request as originating from a
known-legitimate site. Others, like this one, just do it for requests which have a "not known correct" header, and allow non-referred requests
through. In both cases the goal is to prevent leeching; one is just more stringent than the other.

Oh my dear lord... That's Kanami Chidori! I can't even imagine what these two would be up to together, but it cannot possibly be good (for the bad guys
anyways).

Okay... Sorry, but when I look at that picture I can only wonder how you can not see Ryoko Asakura from Haruhi. Face, eyes, and hair all match up, and
that's the school uniform from Haruhi. And Look! She's even got her knife in her left hand.

I must agree with Drogan. All else aside, Kaname-meets-Rorschach is more "...what?" than "Oh, god, no!" the way Ryoko-meets-Rorschach is. Because, you know, he's a psycho bum with a personal hygiene problem! She's a psycho alien with body by Stepford Corporation! Together, they fight crime!
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Star Wars/Sherlock Holmes. And yet, it is.

http://www.fanfiction.net...lementary_My_Dear_ObiWan

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Inspired by comments in another thread....

Mackie Stingray is an ordinary high school student, until events conspire to have him as prime witness regarding Student Council President Brian J Mason's illegal buying out of the election.

Attacked at night, he stumbles upon ruins under his school and is teleported to a mysterious world alongside his teacher, Leon McNichol. Mistaken for a missing princess, he is drafted to impersonate her while venturing to Mount Muldoon, accompanied by the Princess Fatora's lover Nene and McNichol-sensei. Once there, they hope to petition the priestesses Priss, Linna, and Sylia for assistance in stopping the militant Bugrom that have gone on the march, even as they discover the Bugrom are now led by Mason. But will even their power be enough to withstand the Dark Devil God, Vision?

And despite all this, what is the plan of the other Princess's mysterious fiancee, Largo, who lurks in the background?

All this and more in the new Buggrom Crisis!
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote:Buggrom Crisis!

*twitch*

The Melancholy of Mackie Stingray?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Quote: Wiredgeek wrote:

Quote: Buggrom Crisis!

*twitch*

The Melancholy of Mackie Stingray?

Hubba hubba zoot zoot!
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

The Charge of the Dinochrome Brigade.

Something tells me it'd go a bit differently than the Light Brigade did...

I've been writing a bit.

Quote:Hubba hubba zoot zoot!
Nice to see people still remember classics...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

Quote: Osaka Langley-Sohryu.
How about a Sesame Street-Evangelion fusion? Oscar Langley-Sohryu.

Oscar "The Kraut" Langely-Sohryu?

Quote: Shay Guy wrote:

Quote: SkyeFire wrote:

Osaka Langley-Sohryu.

(this comes by way of imagining the kind of linguistic carelessness that leads to "c'est la vie" being perceived as "Sailor V " in
a particularly alt-u BSSM fanfic....)

Was that fanfic by any chance called Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon?
No, "MoonShadow," IIRC, by the Eternally Lost Lurker (who has now changed his handle to MythrilMoth, again IIRC). It's the one
where Luna is a panther-youma, Artemis is her master, a High Lunar Mage who is pulling a Gendo Ikari-style Xanatos Gambit, Makoto is a teenage prostitute, Ami
is a frigid soulless b*tch, and Usagi is trying to find a way to get out of her arranged engagement to a really nasty jerk by the name of Mamoru Chiba....

Quote: Bluemage wrote:

The Charge of the Dinochrome Brigade.

Something tells me it'd go a bit differently than the Light Brigade did...

Okay, now here's one I always wanted to see (and should probably be in "Crossovers the MUST be," except the collateral damage might make DBZ look
downright peaceful): Laumer's Bolos vs Saberhagen's Berserkers, for the fate of the inhabited universe. With a special appearance by
Quibbien-Quibbien-Kell.

I know, I know, something would have to be done about the firepower imbalance. But the two groups are perfect moral
and philosophical mirrors of each other.

Our Imperious Leader posted a fic in the New Fic thread called Nobody Dies.

If we fiddle with that name a bit a bit, we get Everybody Lives.

Has anybody written an Eva/Doctor Who cross yet?

I've been writing a bit.

"You've got to ask yourself: 'Do I feel thirsty?' Well, do you... punk?"

Harry Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: robkelk wrote:

"You've got to ask yourself: 'Do I feel thirsty?' Well, do you... punk?"

Harry Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
That would make more sense coming from a Clint Eastwood / Hellsing crossover.

Severus Snape as Vader

Voldemort as the Emperor

Harry Potter as Luke Skywalker

Severus Snape: Harry, I am your father: Harry Potter: Noooo!

"So what you're telling me," I said carefully, "is that we have two Advanced Prototype Mark XXXII Bolos--"

"One close-combat specialized and one heavy artillery platform," the tech interjected helpfully.

"--that talk like teenage Japanese schoolgirls and only answer to the names "Fate" and "Nanoha"?" I manfully resisted the urge
just start shooting everyone in the room who was obviously failing to grasp the magnitude of this turn of events. Good Ghod, didn't anyone watch the
CLASSICS anymore?!?

"They've been performing so well so far, well above our projections," burbled the project head
gleefully. "The only oddity we've seen so far is that Nanoha keeps saying she wants to "make friends" with the Melconian Empire -- the
entire Empire, she's at pains to point out. We're sure it's just a linguistic-cortex quirk... ah,
Colonel, sir, why are you beating your head against that desk...?"

LMAO!!! That... is awesome. Nanoha and Fate reincarnated as Bolos.

I expect either next weeks or last weeks meeting named the two new Bolos as Kei and Yuri.

..... (*_*)

ye cats.

Which, unfortunately, just recast Revolutionary Tank Utena in my head... I suppose Anthy could be a recce drone prototype..

Given the crackiness of the canon source, my brain produces the mental image of a Type 90 rolling into class and setting up behind a desk, looming over the entire room as the teacher lectures...

And no one notices.

Wakaba just bounces up on top of Utena's turret rather than clinging to her back, the pink roses go on the driver's cupola, and so on, and everything
else, plotwise, plays out exactly the same.

Well, except for Utena doing her own driving rather than riding in Akio's car...
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Quote:Given the crackiness of the canon source, my brain produces the mental image of a Type 90 rolling into class and setting up behind a desk, looming over the entire room as the teacher lectures...

And no one notices.

YES.

though this gives the implied sexual relationship between Utena and Anthy a WHOLE NEW FREAKING TWIST.