Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatever happened to...
Whatever happened to...
I was re-reading some of the Sailor Moon Expanded Project the other day, and thinking that it was a shame about how that project ground to halt.
Now, I've talked to Mark about what happened to the Sailor Moon Expanded Project, but that's not the only massive undertaking to vanish into the aether.
Does anyone know what happened to the Revenge Wars?
Long ago SKJAM! posted a Ranma-fic challenge, to write up bits where characters got vengeance on their authors. Many authors got Jusyenkyo Curses. Then there was the Revenges End, where Authors began to fight back. This lead to the Revenge Wars, where Barry Cadwgan, David Row, Webdragon, Prime and others decided to turn it into a well written, internally consistent, and large, crossover fan fic. I enjoyed what I read, but after a couple years they kicked the lurkers off their mailing list and I ceased to be able to follow it.

The short version is that, like many other large collaborative projects, it got bogged down in planning, ideas and trying not to step on one another's toes while trying to make different groups of writers with different ideas of what was a good idea and what was a bad idea happy with the final result.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Was the incomplete stuff ever archived anywhere?