Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeping with the Girls

Hmph. No need to insult good Scotch like that. Philistine.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Quote:good Scotch
I recognize both of those words, but I can't parse that phrase...

(I prefer brandy, myself.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

And here I'm still wondering why all you people enjoy alcohol so much...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Bluemage Wrote:And here I'm still wondering why all you people enjoy alcohol so much...
a) it's not the alcohol per se, it's the matrix that holds it
b) it's tasty! what's not to like?
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Bluemage Wrote:And here I'm still wondering why all you people enjoy alcohol so much...
As a Seattle Mariner's fan, alcohol is vital to my surviving a season.  Also Brandy > Scotch.  
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Heathens.  I'm with Ebony on this one.

Agree with Bluemage.
Don't get why (some) people use something to make them less intelligent and less controlled. (The conversations go down in multiple definitions of the word.)

Um. Topic, people, topic.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

And he has completed his first lap! *Cheers*
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

*Facevaults* (o_O)

The HELL!? When you said he'd made a full lap, you weren't kidding!

Nicely done.

He sets us up with Mitoto dimension-hopping, something which sounds plausible based on her described characteristics, but isn't something your typical fan is going to be aware of... and in the process, neatly hides the far more common trope of *Ryouga* dimension-hopping in plain sight.

What a way to hire a think-tank.
And heck, ch 15 is a superb way of discussing a setting and making it interesting at the same time.

Word of God came down a while back that our nameless protagonist will be going around a loop of universes, but it occurs to me that we haven't necessarily seen the whole loop yet.  He may have taken a shortcut on the Mitoto/Ryoga express.  His next set of jumps might start over at Tenchi's but continue into other universes past Ranma 1/2, or might start at some universe that was supposed to come after Ranma 1/2 and eventually loop back around to his home or Tenchi's place again.  If the author is going to include some more dangerous settings, this apparent reset is a fairly good way for the character to get some more prep time and power ups before hitting those universes.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Its looking like you were right. It seems like his trip home was just a pit stop, not a fully completed lap. Poor guy.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

awww man! These chapters are just way too short. :p

Well, updating frequently takes some of the sting away.

paladindythe Wrote:Well, updating frequently takes some of the sting away.
Yes, true...  He just does this story so well that I am trully eager to see where he winds up next.  I, like others, have the distinct feeling Tenchi-verse is not around the corner... though it would be nice if it was.

Chapter 17: I sometimes speculate to myself about what the next universe will be and who the "girl" in question will be. I put some thought into this universe, but this particular girl wasn't on my list of candidates. I don't know what the Nameless SI is planning, and I have to wonder if sleep deprivation is making him wonky for trying to cut a deal like this.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Agreed. No matter what he does, he's dead.

Only one thing really angers - as opposed to annoys - his target's sister, and that's a threat to the family. So if he follows through, she'll kill him (because he's just a normal human and she won't pull her punches).

And if he reneges, his new acquaintances will kill him (because he's just a normal human and they won't pull their punches).

I have no idea how SI-boy is getting out of this one...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I've been thinking about this, and the only thing I can come up with is offering insight into Urd, something only she would know.

.... Holy crap.

*Sighs and begins to wait again.*

To go off on a bit of a tangent after reading chapter 17. The author has said somewhere that he can't jump his SI somewhere he doesn't know about or has seen the anime of so when I read the line. "It wasn't Seras Victoria... This wasn't Hellsing" means he does know and has seen Hellsing. If I were a betting man I would put a bet down that this was a spot of masterful foreshadowing. Smile

re:hellsing - is that really a romantic comedy, though?

re:urd/hild/suicide-by-daimaktchu - he could be attempting to rules-lawyer a deal... "i will offer you insight into how to get urd in exchange for..."
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Well after Lillet Blan's fancy trick in GrimGrimoire, I have an open mind about such things.
Lillet manages to get two favors from Demons, and avoid paying her soul.
First time uses a time loop rule, and is merely neat.
The second time though, man:
  She has a written contract, signed by her own blood, for one (1) wish, in exchange for her soul.  If the demon is unable (or unwilling) to grant the wish, he's banished from the human world for centuries.  Her wish?  She wishes for the demon to embrace god.
Here's a youtube video link for the curious (it's a big spoiler for the game, tho)
at about 2:55 or so take a look

(Reads Chapter 17)

(Hangs head in resignation)

Lie to me and say that he updates on a regular basis... Please?
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...