Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't view any imported threads
RE: Can't view any imported threads
Confirming that I received that, Brent.  I'll save it for last, though.

In the mean time, I've spent much of the day kicking myself, and have rewritten my scripts to do things as a transaction with savepoints.  Now if a thread crashes, I just have to rollback one savepoint instead of manually undoing all the inserts.  Which should make my chances of fatfingering the board out of existence again much smaller.

Also, I discovered that at least part of the Archived Fanfiction Recommendation subboard survived, and that has me reconsidering my plan to truncate the boards.  The thing is, truncating and recreating from scratch will be much faster, but it somehow offends my delicate sensibilities to nuke a surviving board because it would be easier.

I also have to admit that even right now, at quarter to eight PM Eastern time, I am already drowsy and unwilling to embark on the task while I am so.  I do have a half day off tomorrow as a lead-in to the Labor Day holiday; I may well just come home at 1 PM and start up while I'm wide awake.  In fact, that's what I will do.  I'm sorry if anyone's disappointed.

ETA:  I just discovered that the "There's Nothing Better" subboard also survived intact.  I'm starting to tip toward the long, laborious route...  which now that I think about might let me recycle the threads table instead of nuking it.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't view any imported threads - by robkelk - 08-30-2017, 08:05 PM
RE: Can't view any imported threads - by Labster - 08-30-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Can't view any imported threads - by Labster - 08-31-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: Can't view any imported threads - by Bob Schroeck - 08-31-2017, 06:46 PM