Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACen FanFic Friday (Help Needed)
ACen FanFic Friday (Help Needed)
(PLEASE spread the word to anyone you know who might be remotely interested)

The Fan Fiction Panel at Anime Central wants YOU!
(to come to their panel, that is)

Looking for FanFic on Saturday? TOO LATE!
Looking for FanFic on Sunday? WAY TOO LATE!

Come talk FanFic at a very different day, time, and location in 2010

Day: Friday (May 14)
Time: NOON to 1:30 (before Opening Ceremonies)
Location: Panel Programming 5 (Embassy Room 1 @ the Embassy Suites, across the street from the convention center)

Remember - Friday, Noon, at the Embassy!
(day, time, location subject to change by con staff)
(the Fan Fiction Panel is a Doc Mui Production)

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

Man... I really, REALLY wish I could go to this.

blackaeronaut Wrote:Man... I really, REALLY wish I could go to this.
The ACen panel is usually a lot of fun. It's very much audience-driven(1) - the panel usually doesn't have a planned agenda. The panel mod just throws the floor open to audience questions, which the panelists respond to.  No name calling, no bashing, no set topics, just thoughts and opinions.  I've seen the topic change literally minute by minute because that's what the audience wants, and I've seen things stay on the same topic for several minutes because the audience wanted that too. (keeps the panelists on their toes ^_^)
The only set-in-stone advice I've ever heard given is to check spelling, check grammar, and get a beta-reader who will tell you the truth.
I'm not sure who exactly is on the panel this year. Pearson "Doc" Mui is the panel moderator (head panelist), and I'm on it for the first time since I turned panel mod over to Pearson in 2007.  I *think* Bert Van Vliet is on the panel, but I'm not sure. There's always been 5 total panelists

(1) Which is why we're freaking and advertising the time slot - who is at a con at noon on Friday, before the opening ceremonies happen, and in an auxiliary location yet? (nearly nobody, that's who)  Could be worse though... they could have not changed their minds and then there wouldn't be a fanfic panel at all this year.

www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

A piece of advice I can give even if I'm not there....

Don't let family members get sick. It sucks away all your writing "energy."
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

.... There isn't any way we could telecomute, is there?
ACen FanFic Rescheduled
Anime Central is this coming weekend (5/14-16).

Over this past weekend the schedule for panel programming was revised.  According to the new schedule, the Fan Fiction Panel has been rescheduled -

NEW Time:  4-5:30 pm (still on Friday)
NEW Location: Panel Programming 7 (located in the "Education and Culture Room" in Hall E of the Convention Center)

Hope to see you there!

www.jhedge.com

-- Gabrielle of Potadeia