Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC] Transformed

For added fun, remember what Riot Force 6's base was after the Long Arch facility was destroyed? Matt and the others are already in a time warpy space anyhow, so...

Or possibly, have them show up at the end of A's. The Arc En Ciel rips a hole in space, so maybe that could be how they escaped? Make Fate wonder if she still is in the illusionary world.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

*Blinks* You lost me there. Long Arch facility?

And in the Manga did they get disbanded as they did in the Anime?

I'm fairly sure that was the name of the headquaters Riot Force 6 started out in, which was destroyed when Vivio was kidnapped.
Also, the manga is a supplement to the anime, so there isn't any difference between the two.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Jorlem Wrote:I'm fairly sure that was the name of the headquaters Riot Force 6 started out in, which was destroyed when Vivio was kidnapped.
"Long Arch" was the command staff's callsign, not the headquarters' name.

(Hayate was always "Long Arch 1" whether she was at her desk or in the field, just as Nanoha was "Stars 1" and Fate was "Lightning 1".)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Ah, my mistake then. Sorry.
-----

Ah, okay... And in that case I think I see what you're getting at, Jorlem.

My thing is that seeing Fate with her family in Nanoha As was a bit of a heart breaker for me. Besides, having her mother and sister around during As makes it a lot more difficult for The Book of Darkness to exploit her deepest desires.

It was heartbreaking, I agree, but I think it was also an important step forward for Fate.  It showed that she was able to put the past behind her, and move on with her life, as much as it hurt.  Her entire motivation in the first season was to bring things back to the way she remembered them.  Both she and Precia wanted to return to the past which only existed in their memories. 
From what you've written, it seems obvious that Precia isn't all there anymore, and to give Fate the hope that things might be able to return to how they were in Alicia's memories, and then dash that hope, well, it could hurt far more.  The knowledge that Precia hated her when she was in full possesion of her memories, and is only accepting her now that she has forgotten who Fate is would likely hurt her at least as much as when Precia told Fate that she had always hated her.
Also, given the obvious biases in the TSAB's court system, and the extent of her crimes, which include
1)Attacking a vessel of the TSAB navy
2)Attacking TSAB personel
3)Creating a dimensional distortion that nearly destroyed Earth, and threw the dimensional 'sea' into chaos to such an extent that transit times in the region are still affected half a year later.
Given how Fate was treated for being involved in the incident, I have trouble seeing the TSAB letting her off easy, even with the personality change.  At best, she'd probably end up exiled again, like what was done with Lutecia and her mother at the end of StrikerS. 
-----

Ah well. Might be best to let it be for now then.
Although... Remember how I mentioned that void buffer for Yggdrasil earlier?

It was another beautiful morning in Asgard - they hardly fail at being otherwise, even when the weather is rather inclement. Belldandy was just entering the Chamber of the Yggdrasil when she stopped short, shutting the door behind her. There, at the primary terminal was Skuld, slumped over the terminal keyboard. She had apparently attempted to pull another all-nighter working on some project of hers.
With a sigh, Belldandy gestured and Skuld was gently levitated up, over, and into a cot that Urd kept over in a nook between the server racks. THat would have been the end of it, except for two disimilar squawks of surprise when Belldandy let go of the spell, causing her to cringe as she realized what had just happened.
Apparently, Urd had been working late as well. Only, being that she was more experienced, she realized at some point that she was too tired to work and too tired to go home. Thus, she had camped out on her cot, where Belldandy had just deposited Skuld.
There were sounds of a scuffle and a tangle of linens, limbs, and the occasional snarling expression tumbled into view where they both came to an immediate stop, having noticed Belldandy at last. She had an expression on her face that somehow conveyed contritness and exasperation. The erstwhile sisters put two and two together and seperated themselves, a momentary cease-fire in place.
A moment later, Beldandy had doled out a bagged breakfast and was reviewing the maintenance plan for the day when she saw something of interest.
"Oh. We're supposed to check the void-buffer today."
"Why would we need to do that?" pondered Skuld.
Urd shrugged. "Every now and then some enterprizing idiot gets themselves stuck in limbo there. We check it every ten years or so to get them out."
"Indeed," agreed Belldandy. "I remember once we pulled out an entire planet called Al Hazard. If I recall correctly, we wound up locking it into it's own dimension."
"Well, why don't we get started?" said Skuld, whob looked up the procedure on one of the auxiliary consols and entered the necessary commands. "Wow. That's pretty easy. ULP! SIS! You might wanna see this!"

And what does she find? Alicia and Precia, of course, and Matteus just after Jail tossed him into Imaginary Space/Void Buffer. Smile

I had a thought about the whole Precia & Alicia bit...

There's no way that TSAB would exile an amnesiac Precia. Instead, they'd confine her to a treatment facility until such time as either she's fit to stand trial, or she's confirmed as being a different person and thus not responsible for what she did before her "rebirth".

And Alicia couldn't be convicted of anything - she was dead at the time, so she couldn't have broken any laws - so she'd be free to go. But go where?

Now we shift to a couple of officers who used to serve with Riot Force 6. I use the word "couple" intentionally; they've adopted a child together. It turns out that said child has the same father as one of the couple... who happens to have the same mother as Alicia. So:

"Vivio-chan, this is your sister Alicia. She's going to be living with us for a while."

"Hello, Alicia-imotosan. You look like Fate-mama in her old photos."

Alicia wondered how to answer that. Fate spoke first. "That's because Alicia-neesan is the person I was cloned from, Vivio-chan. She's my neesan."

"But she's younger than I am! Fate-mama, Nanoha-mama, that doesn't make any sense."

Nanoha sighed. "The reports I was allowed to read say that Kail-san had something to do with this."

Vivio smiled suddenly. "Oh! It's Matteus-niisan's fault! I understand now."

"I wish I understood..." Alicia and Nanoha said in unison.
--
Rob Kelk

LMAO!!!!

Rob, that's magnificent. Thanks much! *Copies and pastes into WIP file*

So, that's with Matt bringing Precia and Alicia out of imaginary space around StrikerS, right? That means that they were with Matt as he was wandering the multiverse, doesn't it?
-----

I suppose it would... unless he dropped them off with TSAB, then went off on his multiversal trip while Precia was placed under observation and Alicia went through her court case.

Even Alicia's "not guilty because of being dead" verdict would take a few months to reach, and those "few months" are plenty of time for Matt to have his adventures elsewhere. (Consider the Drunkard's Walk - Doug is taking centuries to get home a few months after he left.)
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Jorlem wrote:

So, that's with Matt bringing Precia and Alicia out of imaginary space
around StrikerS, right? That means that they were with Matt as he was
wandering the multiverse, doesn't it?
Indeed, Precia and Alicia do wind up tagging along, and boy do they make for some strange traveling companions.  Of course, Precia is still going to be Chaos-Touched.  Wink
That gives me some awesome mental imagery of J. Random Grim Situation where Precia and Alicia are isolated from Matt by the baddies of the week and Precia, all giggles and smiles, starts going off on this cockamamie incantation.  Alicia is puzzled and the baddies all think she's just babbling weird things until she winds it up with the phrase, "Boom for the Boom God!"
And then, there is indeed some BOOM worthy of the Boom God.  (^_^)
robkelk Wrote:I suppose it
would... unless he dropped them off with TSAB, then went off on his
multiversal trip while Precia was placed under observation and Alicia
went through her court case.

Even Alicia's "not guilty because of being dead" verdict would take a
few months to reach, and those "few months" are plenty of time for Matt
to have his adventures elsewhere. (Consider the Drunkard's Walk - Doug is taking centuries to get home a few months after he left.)
Matt's got a few good things going for him.  For one thing he has a ship with a full functional transdimensional drive complete with a navigational system, all repaired by Skuld.  For another he's got a pretty good idea of which way home is.
And it would indeed take a few months for the courts to weigh in.  That's about what it took for Fate, after all.