Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
Yeah, I suppose this one's due too.
In any case, Mediancat has posted the first chapter of the sequel to "April 10, 1997", titled "The Sum of Their Parts".
Re: Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
I guess this means it's time to move the last one over into the archive area...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
/QUOTE/
I guess this means it's time to move the last one over into the archive area...
/ENDQUOTE/

Oh... That's were it went!
I was just looking for it to copy the last few link pages to my backup website and close it.

howard melton
God bless
Re: Re: Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
When in doubt, check the archive forum.
-- Bob
---------
The flipped side of My daughterthe what?
We know what can happen if an SVU cop finds out that Buffy is his daughter.... but what if the daughter is someone else?
The flipped side of My daughter the what now has 4 chapters and is growing...-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Re: The flipped side of My daughterthe what?
I'm not certain if this fic has been recommended before so I'll stick it here for safety's sake.
Fission by HomerNet is a Sailor Moon/Ranma crossover that is kind of amusing and interesting. It recently updated to chapter 7.
-----------------
Epsilon
Re: Yet Another New Fic Recommendation Thread
I just found these two very silly Harry Potter one-shots on FF.net:
Harry Potter's Guide to the Dark Arts and Harry Potter and the Insert Title Here, both by Opalish.
--The Twisted One
Everybody Loves the Croquet Jihad!
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Re: Yet Another New Fic Recommendation Thread
Furthermore, over on TTH, BeerGood has unleashed The Call of Illyria.
--The Twisted OneEverybody Loves the Croquet Jihad!
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Buffy xovers
don't know if these have been mentioned or not, but:
Twist of Fate (B:TVS/Pretender), Racing With Destiny (B:TVS/HP), and Sacrifice Par Amarth (B:TVS/several) are a very good, if not very happy, series...-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
the hair
I was just wandering around some of the odder corners of HP fanfic, when I ran into this gem...
catherinecookmn.livejourn.../2330.html
It's a one-shot, but well worth the read.
Re: the hair
Teen Titans: Villainy
This is fun. How 'bout some excerpts to show how fun? Well here we go:
Must we have aliases? Valentine groaned.
I believe it is traditional.
Traditional is BORING. Valentine is fine.
Very well, Valentine. Henceforth, you shall also be known as Valentine.
And:
Hallo, Mr. Confidential! How are you doing?
That is Mr. Freeze. I am currently engaged in combat with the local non-federal crime-prevention agency, which you assured this city would be lacking.
One more:
Freeze sat behind the fold-up table, looking over the credentials.
Name?
I am the master of monsters! I am your greatest nightmare come to life! I am- CONTROL FREAK!
I see. And which one of these titles would be your preferred alias?
Re: Co-authoring
Strained Harmony By Josh Temple and Trimatter www.fanfiction.net/s/3295767/1/
Very nice. Of course as most of their fics it is a Girl!Ranma fic.
Edit: Oh and it can be a bit confusing at first but things get explained further in.
recommendation
A writer by the handle of Gigabomb has actually dones something relatively original when crossing Naruto with Harry Potter: it's the Sound 5 who get enrolled in Hogwarts (or Swine Skin Disfigurement as Sakon translates it). Tayuya's reaction to a Muggle Studies class is particularly classic.
Strangers in a Strange Land
www.fanfiction.net/s/2648581/1/
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: recommendation
Skysaber posted something on Fanfiction.net
I don't post the link because I'm not actually recommending the fic. The premise feels like a 'deus ex machina' and there is rampant Akane bashing.
However, many people like his stuff, and it IS entertaining if you can suspend disbelief, so I felt that I should at least tell people that it's there.
Oh, what the heck, it's at
www.fanfiction.net/s/3296251/1/
I'm sorry, but I can't read Skysaber's crap anymore. To see such writing talent wasted on such vitriolic ranting makes me want to vomit.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I can't read Skysaber's crap anymore. To see such writing talent wasted on such vitriolic ranting makes me want to vomit.
While I'll gladly admit that some of his stuff is among my favorite guilty pleasures, I know exactly what you mean. In the lost 18th chapter of his Eva/Dual/Slayers story, he had this horrendous indictment of the American school system that I just couldn't bear to read, it was so badly written and so Writer On Board. I enjoy a good Skysaber rant every now and then, but that one was just so emo-"I had a bad day at school today so I'll denounce the whole system" it was laughable.

-- Bob
---------
This is a Veela!Draco fic that I actually like.
It's also a short, so feel free to read it if you're busy.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
I quite enjoyed this Naruto story, "Seduce My Wife!"
Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack
"Seduce my wife" was excellent. Thank you.
In the meantime, it's a webcomic rather than prose, but it's also *really* *good* fanfic (in a way) off of the old fairy tales.
www.forthewicked.net/archive/01-01.html
I stumbled across this, and *had* to recommend it to *somebody*.
*thrums*
Webcomics
Apologizes in advance if it is decided that webcomics should not be posted here.
But if you like "No Rest For The Wicked" you may also like "Mixed Myth" which one can argue is fanfiction parodying mythology and fairy tales. I rather enjoyed it and it has been completed.
mixedmyth.comicgenesis.com/

Freddy Isnot
Curiosity did not kill this cat!
~Studs Terkel
-Freddy Isnot

"You are now graduated from newbie and are just clueless. Consider that a compliment."
-Zipcode
Lord of the West
I'd like to recommend an Inuyasha story, Lord of the West, today. Its a really good adventure story, something of a rarity in Inuyasha, and is complete.
Plus it has a few little gems like this:
That means that the Tatesei mustve made contact with the Gaijin during the Meiji Era, Kagome explained. This must have been where they became so powerful---introducing the special metal they call ryunochi to the world.
Inuyasha rocked back onto his heels, looking pensive.
For the Tatesei to be alive and well at that time, he said, can only mean one thing--- sooner or later theyd have to face the wrath of Kenshin Himura.
This earned him blank stares from all present.
Youve got the wrong anime, Kagome whispered, nudging him with her elbow. The Battousai isnt one of Takahashis characters.
Feh, Inuyasha scoffed. Well, he should be. We need more sword action on this show to balance out the romantic shit.
The Neverending Road is a Hikaru no Go continuation fic that starts the day after the Hokuto cup.
I saw this fanfic being recommended in another forum and after reading all the chapters out so far I have to agree that this is a excellent fanfic. The author manages to stay true to the personalities of the characters and the way he handles the go matches is very tasteful and it helps that the author actually knows how to play Go.
...-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
Well that was.... an interesting use for the Rei's... I don't believe it has ever been done quite that way before [Image: happy.gif] _______________________________
We are the swords in the darkness, the watchers on the walls. The fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn. The horn that wakes the sleepers. The shield that guards the realms of men. -The Brothers Black
I was more impressed by the LCL, to be honest.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.