Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negima / Nanoha crossover idea

They're older than some of their more developed classmates, even.

--Sam

"Egad! Too much anatomy!"

I could see Vivio as being 15 and not being a heavy duty operative yet.

She's got the PRIME example of what happens when you hold absolutely nothing back too soon as a cautionary tale right there at home. This could actually be
a thread of plot for why she DOESN'T start Befriending the crap out of everything in sight and takes it easy: She's learned how to pace herself.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Quote: ECSNorway wrote:

She's 9 or 10 in Vivid, I believe, and this should be set after that, so 12 makes sense.
So in parallel with Force, huh?

*Stares a the plot bunny and all involved paraphernalia, them pulls out a flag that says 'SCM' and stabs it down into the thread*
I claim this Plot Bunny in the name of the Moon. Unlimited Crack Works!
But semi-seriously, I think this could be pulled off with pre-StrikerS Hayate, as the original idea suggested. And Vita too. If the Narutaki twins can sneak in on loli power, so can she.
Speaking of which, any volunteers to become Mahora students of various magical styles?
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:Speaking of which, any volunteers to become Mahora students of various magical styles?
It would be bad for my name to show up in a fanfic (as opposed to in the author's notes), but you can have one of my characters: Eimi Scott, a half-Japanese, half-Canadian otaku and computer hacker. At Mahora, she'd probably go with techno-magic, which is poorly represented in canon Negima (only Hakase and Chisame have been shown to dabble in it).
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:It would be bad for my name to show up in a fanfic (as opposed to in the author's notes)...
Huh? Why? You work somewhere that regularly sends it's employees names through search engines?
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.

You'd be surprised what HR in some companies will do.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

I'm not, actually. After all, Human Beings Are Bastards. Just ask everyone in every genre that wants to kill us all.
Check out said crack:

Quote:SCM Writer of 2814 wrote:
I claim this Plot Bunny in the name of the Moon. Unlimited Crack Works!
Speaking of which, any volunteers to become Mahora students of various magical styles?
I look forward to seeing what you can make of it.
And sure, I have, um, a variety of concepts on-hand fit for adaptation. What do you need? Plot role, background filler, tournament-bait, other?
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

I'm thinking sneaking her in at 14, when she's still a relatively low-level TSAB mook. How to involve, or whether to involve her at all, is my question though...
Quote:School support staff and heroic student resistance during the Wolkenritter attack. One chap filler characters, mainly. All I really need are names. Already, for example, I have a desire to write a character named Valles...
EDIT: Made a thread for this discussion so as not to derail.
Check out said crack:

A while back, I had an RP character named Emmet. His powers were almost entierly divination based, mainly in seeing the truth behind illusions, as Emmet is the Hebrew word for truth. In the RP, he was a robot (Based off a Bass chassis from Megaman. Long story), but it would make more sense for him to be human here. I think he also had an attack that could disrupt illusions and deal a small amount of damage. He also had lie detector abilities, which could detect lies or partial truths, but that would either be inactive or useless, for the same reason Fake-Moody gave for his dark detectors being turned off at Hogwarts.

Anyway, if you'd like to use a version of Emmet, go ahead.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:It would be bad for my name to show up in a fanfic (as opposed to in the author's notes)...
Huh? Why? You work somewhere that regularly sends it's employees names through search engines?
Yep. It's called the civil service.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

But seriously, what could Hayate do without turning into a Mary Sue?
Check out said crack:

Hayate has the greatest built in limit on what she can actually DO in the world, she has a monstrous amount of power that she can barely control.

They gave her a desk job in the Ground Forces because she simply cannot muster the control required for her to go out into the field without orbital satellite support.

Thankfully, she has an amazing brain on top of being a walking nuclear weapon.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Also, Hayate is nicely squishy.

*climbs out of gutter*

That is to say, she lacks melee or other close attack options, and her defenses are minimal. One of the sideline 'extra' mangas has her note that Caro could beat her in a fight, because she's so overspecialized as artillery.
...Come to that, she's a classic example of why the Negimaverse has Ministra Magi, isn't she?
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Sounds like Negi. What would Hayate be like with a little Eva 'tough love'...?
Check out said crack:

Hard to say. Hayate, being a SS class Mage, is pushing the limits of what the human body can actually handle. She's one full rank below the absolute maximum.

It makes a lot of sense that she have serious problems controlling it all simply as a matter of 'The human body cannot handle this any longer.'
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

BTW, did the Book fully heal her or is her body still more fragile than normal? That could be part of the problem...

All indications are that Hayate made a full recovery, we see her in the flashforward of A's, only a few years later, already walking (and apparently running) with no trouble at all. Her magic seems completely effortless to her, causing her no strain or discomfort. She simply cannot control her aim with a deviation larger than somewhere around the size of a large city and requires satellite guidance unless she is unloading something RIGHT on top of herself, like Diabolic Emission.

Unfortunately Diabolic Emission seems to be the only spell she has that's intended for up close use.
In the opening of StrikerS, while aiming to help put out a fire with an ice/snow spell, she accidentally froze a spaceport.  Serious overpowering there.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Too bad she doesn't use that Bloody Dagger spell. Or did she loose access to it?
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

She had it in the PSP game. And actually, shewasn't completely healedby the book. The very next day after the fight, she still couldn't walk.
Check out said crack:

Yeah. The book didn't heal her. It just stopped hurting her. Once the Book wasn't killing her anymore, she could heal on her own or with the help of doctors.
-----

Hayate fills an interesting role in the story, really, Nanoha and Fate are fighters. They handle beating the tar out of things that need the tar beaten out of them. Hayate is, in spite of her power, actually much more of a tactician and planner. She's very clearly being groomed for great things in due time, possibly taking over as one of the Admirals someday, and her rise may wind up shaking the notoriously corrupt Ground Forces down in the process.

She does not need to be horrifically powerful to do this, but the mere existence of her measured power rating lubricates gears speeding things along.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead