Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing Addventure Threads, Need Help
Writing Addventure Threads, Need Help
I've been currently adding episodes to a couple of threads on the Anime Addventure, under the name "Depecheion", as a way to try and work on my work ethic. The two threads I'm contributing to right now are Obnoxious Sentimental Princessess and The Emperor's Army which, of course, both happen to be threads started and abandoned by Fred "Gorgo" Herriot, he of The Senior Year and Lonely Souls and all that.
It hasn't been working all that well, though. I keep on having trouble actually getting up the muster to write, mostly because I get so little comments and feedback on the site, so I don't know how I'm doing....
Anybody have any suggestions for me to get some feedback?

Whoa, been at it for a while, haven't you? And you've managed to draw Fred back into things, too. I haven't read those threads, unfortunately, so I can't give you any immediate feedback, but if I can get to it soon I'll see what I can come up with.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Well, I'd like to just say that in Obnoxious Sentimental Princesses, I really haven't gotten my plot going yet, and I'm still trying to set things up. This means that the entries aren't all that indicative of the story that I want my contributions to the Addventure threads to be (which is something more along the lines of the 2814 Universe fanfics, crossed with Giant Robo-style melodrama). On the upside though, I have pretty much plotted out the story at it's most basic, and put together a sort of character bible in an Open Office Document.
Same thing for The Emperor's Army, but based more on reaction than anything else. All I have for that is an offshoot thread that's abandoned and two more ideas for offshoot threads, one based on rewriting the Niphentaxians.
EDIT: Well, I didn't know if it would've been prudent for me to just make a new topic about this, but I've managed to develop a thread offshoot for The Emperor's Army, called Riding On Fire.
The basic concept I have in my head is simple: what if the Niphentaxians weren't all as evil as Fred often makes them out to be? Or, to be more precise, what if something went wrong on Phentax Two thanks to Ataru and Ganzo-dai-Luc's destruction of the Niphentaxian fleet and Phentax Twelve? The Church of Lum tightens their grip on the Niphentaxian people, and resorts to extreme measures to suppress a proletariat near revolt. Rebel groups, remnants of previous churches crushed by Ougi, and normal citizens driven to desperation engage in bloody battle with the Lumite government.
My intention is to follow a group of Niphentaxians as they help to battle Ougi and defeat his regime once and for all, only to find themselves plunging into battle against all sides, in a last ditch attempt at redemption for the sins of their people. Ataru and the Sagussans would feature quite a bit, but the onus would be mostly between Phentax Two, Yeshiril and Noukiios. But characterisation is going to differ quite a bit: Like I said, there's going to be real, actual GOOD Niphentaxian people, full-blooded ones, too! Plus, I'm not exactly going to be painting Ataru, or Sagussa in a positive light. Individual Sagussans, however,  would really be mostly good people working under a system that is driving them into deep trouble.
I've just written a couple of thousand words to make up the first episode or two, and I'm ready for suggestions or ideas on how to develop further...