Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jpub and Bob were right
jpub and Bob were right
Skysaber posted on the Yahoo Groups CaerAzkaban site last night and admitted to being Perfect Lionheart:
Quote:Indeed. Although I suspect you've seen me. You just haven't recognized me, as when the hate mail crowd got too bad I just changed my name.
I've been posting under the alias Perfect Lionheart.
This means that, when Perfect Lionheart was praising Skysaber in one of his author's notes, it was actually Skysaber patting himself on the back.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

What lead up to the dramatic reveal? It seems strange that he would pull a reveal if he wanted to escape the hating...

Shepherd Wrote:This means that, when Perfect Lionheart was praising Skysaber in one of his author's notes, it was actually Skysaber patting himself on the back.
*facepalm*
I...I have no words for this.
-- Acyl

Despite his love-hate relationship with his readership (which is mostly on his side due to thin skin and misinterpreting suggestions and valid criticism as personal attacks, from my experience), Skysaber is somewhat addicted to his own notoriety. This wouldn't be the first time he has left only to return triumphantly to bask in the attention given him.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

WengFook Wrote:What lead up to the dramatic reveal? It seems strange that he would pull a reveal if he wanted to escape the hating...
He's been reposting a lot of his older works on his Skysaber account and was informing the folks on the site. His big reveal was in one of the follow-up posts.

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Actually, I think this also proves me right... Perfect Lionheart was a Skysaber tribute band... I just never guessed he was fronting the band himself.
Narcissism long bomb from the outfield into net... Meta Narcismal Contruct there.
Of course this brings up the question of:  If he actually improved as a writer or if he made an artifical thicker skin and named it Perfect Lionheart?
Until such a time as I know the circumstances of this reveal (or if he is just fibbing about fibbingg for some reason). For now, I'm just going to assume he was possessed by Scooby Doo as part of a brain storming session gone wonky... and pulled off his mask as part of a one man show.
Then again he is getting all meta on us and one of the addience members everyone thought was Skysaber may turn out to be actually Perfect Lionheart in a mask.

Allow me to bask in the thrill of being right for a moment. Okay, done.

Isn't this another tick in the list of symptions for Skysaber/Perfect Lionheart being a sociopath?

No, just an egomaniac Smile

I he means thinking no one was smart enough to detect him... not that he'd write glowing reviews of his own work.  After all, its not like anyone wrote threads about this a year or so ago or anything.

Id just like to note I was a fairly certain it was him as well, and I stated that.

I admit, I didn't think Perfect Lionheart was actually him. I acknowledged the similarity in the writing style and tone, so I figured they might be friends or something. But I was more 'these guys probably hang out', not 'these guys are the same fellow'...
Why? Well, I didn't wanna believe someone would be so egotistically nutzoid to praise himself under an assumed name.
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Oh well.
-- Acyl

Even with him saying it it feels hard to believe to me.

Because there was a period of time where both of them had stories going. And Skysaber's had him doing the things that screw up his stories.. and PL *wasn't* doing those things.

Maybe I'll say this doesn't bother me, because Perfect Lionheart seems to be the better writer?

-Morgan.

I'd have to agree on that, as Perfect Lionheart's stories just make me twitch a lot normally, and I even like some of them. But when I start reading most of Skysaber's stories I have to stop within a few chapters, because I am getting the irresistible urge to punch his main character in the face.

Some of it's that as PL he wasn't writing an obvious self-insert. Where as Skysaber, well ... quod erat demonstrandum.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

If someone could convince him to run a few more emulation layers, he might even be able to produce something that kept being readable all the way through.

That's the most frustrating thing about Skysaber's writing, yeah -- when he's on his game he's great. But give him a moment to rant and the fic crashes and burns (at least for the length of the rant).
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Eh, he could also have MPD. (multiple personality disorder)

Technically they changed that officially to DID (Disassociative Identity Disorder)... which I think sounds silly.
Sense people are commenting about this again... has anyone actually heard of PL confirming this?  I just checked PL's Pit of Voles page and he did post a short on 10/31... which mentions this claim not at all.  If PL hasn't bothered to confirm this proxy alt claim, it just means this could be a 'surprise' gotcha pyche thing in a few months.  Leading to yet another crazy rant of SkySaber Uberness.

Necratoid Wrote:Sense people are commenting about this again... has anyone actually heard of PL confirming this?  I just checked PL's Pit of Voles page and he did post a short on 10/31... which mentions this claim not at all.  If PL hasn't bothered to confirm this proxy alt claim, it just means this could be a 'surprise' gotcha pyche thing in a few months.  Leading to yet another crazy rant of SkySaber Uberness.
It was confirmed today, when Perfect Lionheart updated Partially Kissed Hero (www.fanfiction.net/s/4240771/95/Partially_Kissed_Hero). The author's note at the end states:
"Sorry about the wait. I was trying to resurrect my old writing identity, and it turns out that didn't work out so well. I got more reviews for the 900 word Harry Potter vs Mr Potato Head drabble than I did for eighteen chapters of work under the old identity.
And, while I don't *mean* to be a review addict, I'm pretty sure it happens to all of us eventually. It's like getting money, more is always nicer, and if you can get a lot doing things one way, or a little doing the same thing a slightly different method, you lean heavily towards getting more.

So it looks like I'll be staying Lionheart for a while."