Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Fics?
Dead Fics?
A while ago we had a thread with a list of dead fics, or at least fics that hadn't updated in so long and their authors seemed to have dropped off the face of the planet.
Anyone up for having a stickified thread to list such fics?  Reason being, seeing as a fic is abandoned then it is likely up for adoption, if you know what I mean.  Really, there's one or two fics out there I'd like to take on myself.

We could always locate that one and make it the stickied thread. But a new thread is okay, too.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I believe it is here: http://drunkardswalkforum...bification-Thread?page=1

Although that was pretty much a wish-list of fics people wish the authors would finish. I'm thinking more along the lines of, "Okay, this fic's author has dropped off the face of the Earth, at least as far as we can tell, anyways. Anyone want to take a shot at what they left behind?"

Could also be a dumping ground for Authors that are willing to let someone else take the reigns - similar to plot-bunny thread, only with actually work having been accomplished (say, one or two chapters, minimum).

Fire's "Kind Angel's Thesis"

A Ranma/Evangelion cross, that plays on the Voice Actor gag. Rei hears a voice in her head, asking for hot water.

Enter 4th child Ranma Saotome, who on first entering an Eva has EXACTLY the same synch ratio as Rei....

Ensuing comedy of errors, where Misato thinks Ranma is Rei's boyfriend, and Rei doesn't care when she swaps back with Ranma, to the point of Ranma having to explain to Misato why he's wearing Rei's underwear in her room... cliffhanger.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Okay, before we end up with multiple sticky candidates, no more in this thread. And I'm going to leave the other one dead. Instead, I will create a new thread, stick it up there, and leave it for others to fill.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.