Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that shoould be: beginings of Sub Genius
Crossovers that shoould be: beginings of Sub Genius
BtVS + Torchwood:
When Buffy Jumped into the gate she landed right in the arms of Captain Jack Hartness...

Since Manytales asked to have the previous thread locked then forgot to put a link back to it in the new thread... http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/topic/5765]Previous thread is previous
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Manytales00 Wrote:BtVS + Torchwood:
When Buffy Jumped into the gate she landed right in the arms of Captain Jack Hartness...
That's a corssover that is.  More than one can be found at Twisting the Hellmouth.

----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Maybe he is trying to say that there should be more?

Black Lagoon and The A-Team.
Glorious, glorious violence.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

And, yet, mysteriously, nobody dies...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Revy would be going NUTS trying to figure out why she suddenly can't hit anyone anymore....

The nuns would do good business, though.
Ebony the Black Dragon

While browsing Deviant art, saw this.
http://matsu-sensei.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d38zse1
Because the idea of those two working together is too damn funny.

For the Day that's in it.

Ah! My Goddess, My Guinness

For those of us who are less likely to have encountered it, the previous is a riff of an old Guinness ad campaign in which a gentleman had an expression of surprise as some cute animal has made off with his beer:

My Goodness! My Guinness!
[Image: 48916717960a79ba62634dbe148829acab8c44ff.jpg]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

SkyeFire Wrote:Revy would be going NUTS trying to figure out why she suddenly can't hit anyone anymore....
Only partially, it already happens to her whenever she's going up against a major character (Roberta fight). Now it'd just happen with mooks too. 

Stealing from the SJGames Forum thread http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=78100]The Gilligan's Island Gang:
Quote:Ah, but it gets better. You do realize Professor Roy Hinkley, polymath with plural Ph.D.s, is the father of Ralph Hinkley, underachieving schoolteacher who one day gets a set red magic jammies from some aliens, right?
--
Rob Kelk

One Piece / Pippi Longstocking
(A super strong little girl who likes to lie and who wants to be a pirate when she grows up?)

Captain Pippi Harlock?

(A super strong little girl who wants to be a pirate when she grows up.. and succeeds?!)
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Jinx999 Wrote:One Piece / Pippi Longstocking
(A super strong little girl who likes to lie and who wants to be a pirate when she grows up?)
How about Pippi Longstocking and Revolutionary Girl Utena? A superstrong little girl who wants to be a Prince when she grows up! (And has an equally weird hair color/style.)

Ebony the Black Dragon

Spotted in the SJGames forum thread "http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=15908]Media Characters You May not WANT to see in GURPS":
KDLadage Wrote:those same players of mine ... had no problem what-so-ever in another modern day campaign (pseudo-conspiracy, international spy-game) being thrust into "The Island" (a.k.a. "The Village") being ran by Mr. Roarke (as #2).
RevBob Wrote:IOU-trained Black Ops after 9/11
RevBob Wrote:Surely it's not as bad as when I considered taking Reign of Steel, plopping IOU into the random Midwest, then figuring that THE computer would have reacted to the takeover by hunkering down and doming the campus. The ArchDean and THE computer would partner up to run things, with the primary projects being cloning technology (to swell the ranks), mind control (for conditioning them into a pliant resistance force) and weapons R&D (to arm them). Why? Because they're now justifiably Paranoid, of course! (And the ArchDean already wears all-white; you said so in the book!) Yes, that's right - I figured out how to turn IOU into Alpha Complex. Then I giggled to myself all day long.
And one inspiried by a question from Qoltar in the same thread:

"Where am I?"
"On the Galactica."
"Who are you?"
"I am the new Number Two. You are Number Six."
--
Rob Kelk

Heh. Well Rob, another post on that thread by Mgellis made me remember a scary crossover idea.
Quote:Miss Marple

Jessica Fletcher
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Aren't you forgetting that cheery little catholic bishop from Chicago?
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

drakensis Wrote:Aren't you forgetting that cheery little catholic bishop from Chicago?
Heh. Hey, it's already being established that you are the only one in the train car who isn't either, "Detective who often solves murders, which are known to occur after they arrive on the scene not just before," or, "the sidekick who of course survives the story to tell others about it." Throwing in more detectives would just be piling on the punishment (especially for whoever gets stuck writing the story :} ). Your only hope of not being the victim is the quickly get not just off the train, but far enough away that they can't easily be roped into helping solve your death, or to hope the murder won't take place until later when other potential victims show up.
And, one nice bit, I always wanted to toss in Holmes, but of course he's totally out of period for the others... Right up until the recent British series Holmes, that resets Holmes and Watson in the current day (with current events allowing Watson to still be a British veteran who served and was injured in Afghanistan). The others don't necessarily have their stories chronologically overlapping, but adjusting by a few years to a decade or so is much less fiddling than dropping someone into a setting a century and change off their origin.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Ah, the "Murder, She Caused" phenomenon. A friend of mine had someone like that wandering around the World of Darkness setting, back when we were playing Werewolf: the Apocalypse. I forget how it worked, but she subconsciously provoked people into committing murders. Transcontinental flights resulted in a string of murders across the the flyover states.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Ebony Wrote:Ah, the "Murder, She Caused" phenomenon. A friend of mine had someone like that wandering around the World of Darkness setting, back when we were playing Werewolf: the Apocalypse. I forget how it worked, but she subconsciously provoked people into committing murders. Transcontinental flights resulted in a string of murders across the the flyover states.
What do you mean, "subconsciously"? It's a long-standing joke amongst In Nomine players that Jessica is a Balseraph of Death, whose job it is to kill people and get other people (who would otherwise have been of benefit to Heaven) to believe they're the murderers...
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:
Ebony Wrote:Ah, the "Murder, She Caused" phenomenon. A friend of mine had someone like that wandering around the World of Darkness setting, back when we were playing Werewolf: the Apocalypse. I forget how it worked, but she subconsciously provoked people into committing murders. Transcontinental flights resulted in a string of murders across the the flyover states.
What do you mean, "subconsciously"? It's a long-standing joke amongst In Nomine players that Jessica is a Balseraph of Death, whose job it is to kill people and get other people (who would otherwise have been of benefit to Heaven) to believe they're the murderers...
Well, she wasn't obviously malformed, so my friend concluded that she was a fomor that could pass for normal. Still a servant of the Wyrm, but not one that was obvious. Baalseraph of Death works pretty well, though. Or maybe a Baalseraph in the service of Asmodeus (this strikes me as convoluted enough for him).

Ebony the Black Dragon

Oh, this is such an old joke. I remember a standup comedian who did a bit about his chihuahua watching "Murder She Wrote" with him, then looking up at him and asking, "Why don't they ever figure it out? Wherever that little white woman goes, people die."

And god knows how many RPG writeups there are on the net where she's a telepath who either mind controls people into killing, or does the killing herself and forces a patsy to believe they did it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Has anyone in RPGland written that she is subconsciously attracted to murders?  I mean same effect less personal malignance... Hell, she could be a' Dead Like Me' reaper that gets a stipend from the office of righteous vengeance for solving otherwise doomed to be unsolved murders... and being a well known novelist is a great way to get payed over retail.