Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeping with the Girls pt 2

I'm not dead yet.

Cut it a little close here though:

http://antarcticshrine.bl...s-volume-ii-chapter.html
Welcome to GP Aerospace Academy.  I will be your instructor.
Please read the course silybus...  You will need to know the basics of flight,
and orbital mechanics before we can continue.

Welcome back to the land of the living, Admiral! Now if only I could emulate you on DW5...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Likewise, on Legend of Galactic Girls...

(Hardware inventory this week, on course next week, housing co-op's AGM the week after that... maybe I'll get to write in October, if I'm lucky)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Talking about battle sequences again Bob?

I don't know what I can do there. I offered pointers/assistance. But you didn't want them at the time.

I think Bob's meaning getting things together to actually finish the chapter

I think you did pretty well against a feral Kzin. That could have gone much worse.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Rod has the right of it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

As intense as Day 2.4 has been (with seven chapters and counting, compared to five and a half each for 2.1 and 2.2 and five for 2.3), I'm still looking forward to afterward. Particularly 2.6, considering how things left off at the end of 1.6 nine days earlier. (I'm counting the day he spent unconscious between parts as 2.0.) And then there's the Big Huge Problem: He still doesn't seem to have a plan for Day 2.8. (Or 2.7, but you can hardly blame him for that. Though come to think of it, Luna was awake for those few hours of Day 1.7, and I don't think she ever told him whether she remembered anything about that room.)

Also, upon reading the youma's name, my mind immediately jumped to the one place I'd seen it before.

Pronounced "shy guy."

Jump your midn to this then:
[Image: rhet.jpg]

that looks like a character sketch from werewolf: the apocalypse.... Smile
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

That's Bakane though. Artist render after watching the episode in question from Sailor Moon.

I wanted him to go for the 'realistic' approach he's so good at, but he kinda didn't seem to do that at all. I so wanted to see that beast as it would look 'real'.

Either way it's a beastie that would make me look for a firearm with a .50 as a feature in it's name followed soon after if that didn't work by some thing that shoots coke-bottle sized rounds. 'Cause all a that would be moot if I'd a Blaster Bomb Launcher handy - I love those things in X-Com makes all your problems go away.

Yeah, something the size of a Polar Bear is not something you want to deal with. And to think, it's still SMALL compared to a Doduos.

Well the SB's are still thinking that's EVA for the mystery step, a Newbie's proposed TTGL, while a long term resident is wishing for Macross preferably nearer to Frontier so that Walker can attempt to do GTV on a VF-25. I'm still thinking that Ace Combat's in the running, with a smattering of dread for it being WH40K. Then, I when I think on it more, the mystery step could be Battletech. But I don't see Walker having much chance of getting out of Natasha Kerensky's bed in one piece, let alone Katherine Steiner-Davion's.

--Rod.H

Rod H Wrote:Well the SB's are still thinking that's EVA for the mystery step, a Newbie's proposed TTGL, while a long term resident is wishing for Macross preferably nearer to Frontier so that Walker can attempt to do GTV on a VF-25. I'm still thinking that Ace Combat's in the running, with a smattering of dread for it being WH40K. Then, I when I think on it more, the mystery step could be Battletech. But I don't see Walker having much chance of getting out of Natasha Kerensky's bed in one piece, let alone Katherine Steiner-Davion's.
Don't forget that out protagonist has always awakened beside a tsundere. I'm not aware of any canonical tsundere in WH40k...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:Don't forget that out protagonist has always awakened beside a tsundere. I'm not aware of any canonical tsundere in WH40k...
"The Tsundere" are a "Sisters of Battle" brigade.  The Tsundere have more problems with the Imperial Inquisition, as they (The Tsundere) consider all of the Inquisitors to be an "Order of Chaos Worshiping Heretical Scum."
So, he gets woken up, sleeping in a different bunk each time, and keeps getting knocked out, (and dissapears) untill someone holds him long enough to, start asking questions.

As I understand it, he generally wakes up next to his favorite female character, which tends to fit within the same general character type. That pattern doesn't really lend itself to the Sisters of Battle AFAIK.

Pronounced "shy guy."

Then he won't be going to WH40K will he?

In case it was missed. Chapter 24 was released yesterday morning.

http://www.fanfiction.net...irls_Vol_II_Chaos_Theory

AdmiralTigerclaw Wrote:In case it was missed. Chapter 24 was released yesterday morning.

http://www.fanfiction.net...irls_Vol_II_Chaos_Theory
It was not.  Big Grin
I kept expecting you to hold up the helmet in front of Washuu's camera, and say something along the lines of "This is why I wanted you to give me a helmet."
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

OMG THAT WAS F***ING AWESOME!!! Big Grin

Amazing chapter is amazing. And now Usagi is all fired up. This can only end in awesome.
Very silly - don't take seriously
The following is complete speculation - probably discussed elsewhere already. However, the following bunch of thoughts will not leave my head after the last chapter:

1) Walker shall soon be very buff as nanites keep eating his fat and rebuilding his muscles as a side effect of 'heroic deeds'...

2) as per anime conventions for well behaved/un-perverted heroic types he's going to end up with problematic female attention (Hero is defined as 'Guy in wrong place and time who survives')

3) tasks are getting progressively more difficult as his body and mind adapts...

4) ergo; Walker is going through Ramna 1/2 style hell week training; actually, Ramna wishes he had training like this...

5) Therefore, the ROB is the supernatural equivalent of Genma Satome. (I think this one is pretty solid, actually - heh)

6) Training, even by Genma, is usually done to get someone ready for something. So the dimensional jumps are just a buildup...to a main event

7) Ranma will somehow get a wind of the 'supernatural training trip' and do his best to come along for the ride. (yeah, that one's pretty out there)

K sai Wrote:The following is complete speculation - probably discussed elsewhere already. However, the following bunch of thoughts will not leave my head after the last chapter:

1) Walker shall soon be very buff as nanites keep eating his fat and rebuilding his muscles as a side effect of 'heroic deeds'...

2) as per anime conventions for well behaved/un-perverted heroic types he's going to end up with problematic female attention (Hero is defined as 'Guy in wrong place and time who survives')

3) tasks are getting progressively more difficult as his body and mind adapts...

4) ergo; Walker is going through Ramna 1/2 style hell week training; actually, Ramna wishes he had training like this...

5) Therefore, the ROB is the supernatural equivalent of Genma Satome. (I think this one is pretty solid, actually - heh)

6) Training, even by Genma, is usually done to get someone ready for something. So the dimensional jumps are just a buildup...to a main event

7) Ranma will somehow get a wind of the 'supernatural training trip' and do his best to come along for the ride. (yeah, that one's pretty out there)
It's out there, but all the assumptions and presumptions that you're making actually makes it more likely.  Those sort of leaps in logic are very characteristic of Ranma 1/2. 

Note that I neither think or suggest that things will end up as described above - just can't get the idea out of my head. Easier to write it down than go nuts thinking about it. It's very silly! I'm sure Author's actual plan has no resemblance to my demented ramblings...

..I can't stop giggling at the insanity of the concept of a ROB class Genma though! Wish I could unthink it!