Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One concerted reading period later...
One concerted reading period later...
I have now read all of Cat Tails and JLAint. I haven't felt that obsessed since I read all of Eryie's works or DW.
So, I'm asking you, my friends, to point me in the direction of some other masterpieces. That might be off the path of my usual FFML hauntings.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Re: One concerted reading period later...
Well, it isn't really off the path of your FFML hauntings, but... I recommend Mark Mackinnon's Shadow Chronicles(particularly On a Clear Day You Can See Forever, but all of it is fairly well-written).
Shadow Chronicles
Also. Biles(which I do not have a link handy for at the moment. -_- Will find one and edit it in.
Sailor Moon Z and Children of an Elder God are the most notable, though Dance of Shiva is good as well.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Bah. I dislike McKinnon's works, especially THAT one.
I've read much of Biles, and when he's not being a silly git he's quite good. DoS and CoaEG are excellent, as are SMZ.
How shall I put this... oh yeah. Check out these links:
rakhal.com/florestica/
www.rakhal.com/dfroeder/qdlinks.html
That second one is massivly out of date, but to put it simply - if the name is listed, I'm familiar with their stuff. (Except Wishbringer, that plagiarizing waste of space.)
I'm looking for people (and works) I would have never even THOUGHT of reading. Like Chris Dee.
--
Have you looked at Improfanfic? Some of the stuff there is spotty, but series like Magical Girl Hunters and mtcff ULTRA are usually pretty good. One of my personal favorites is a piece called Self-Extraction.---------------
Oh crap. I've got Destiny.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
*cough*
Go looking through Ultra season...umm 5. I think. Episode 69. Notice a name? [Image: happy.gif]
I know, I'm being a pain. Actually, I'm quite familiar with Impro. Dark Heart High I particularly enjoyed.
NEXT!--
*raises hand timidly*
How about I Was a Teenage Dummy Plug? I know the author, and he's a swell fellow. [Image: wink.gif]
Darkscribes.org and www.evafics.org have some nice Evangelion fics . . .
meh.
Mihi non fugendus est. Non fugendus est. Non fugendus est!
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
er...
I've come across the odd interesting gem on FF.net. Shadeofox's 'Moon cats' series is good. A Philip_S has some interesting Buffy crossovers and AUs, he's apparently a pro-writer to boot, Marcus Rowlands does good Buffy fic too.
For more Buffy stories, be it crossover and not, I suggest 'Twisting The Hellmouth' website
The best Inuyasha fic is apparently done by the one with the handle 'Queen'. 'She's' in with CatWho's group.
Your Chris Davies like fill of lesbian themes can be met by shanejayell. (or Davies himself if you know where to look)
Slayer6 has a decent EVA/OMG/SMJ trilogy. His early stuff contains spelling mistakes & what not, but he has improved.
For Slayers look at: 'Only Stone on the Outside'by Dreamsinger & 'Modern Day I'by Ukchana.
In Tenchi Muyo! try the works of BobR and 'Mayhem, Chaos, and General Messes'by David "Mayhem" Mayhew.
This guy: ArionWong has made a UF style universe but is currently focusing on a Sakura Wars setting. He's obviously got different tastes to Gryphon as his character is after Maria.
And for something 'unique', look for E1701.
As to the Quick & Dirty FFML links, I've got an updated version of that which I did myself on one of my functional PCs.
--Rod.H
Re: er...
Hmm. Thanks.--
Re: er...
rodH said:
This guy: ArionWong has made a UF style universe but is currently focusing on a Sakura Wars setting. He's obviously got different tastes to Gryphon as his character is after Maria.
heh i think hes part of the eyrie forums too...
Quote:
Go looking through Ultra season...umm 5. I think. Episode 69. Notice a name?
Sigh. I half expected this, and almost erased my post right afterwards but didn't. My fault for not even giving a cursory glance at the name list. In my defense though, its been a couple years since I read Ultra and there have been a lot of authors. Meine schade. ---------------
Oh crap. I've got Destiny.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Okay, there are a lot of links down here. I've sorted them a little but not very much. The links to ff.net should always take you to the beginning of the fic, but there may be previous fics in the same story. None of these should get you into trouble reading them at work unless:
a) your boss doesn't like you reading fanfiction at work.
b) you die of laughter
Enjoy
Fan Author Pages
www.animeaddiction.org/ Animeaddiction
etype.anifics.com/ E-Type
jlee.anifics.com/index.htm Bloody Paintbrush
www.fortunecity.com/laven.../index.htm
shi_hanna.tripod.com/
www.geocities.com/trboturtle/index.html Craig A. Reed
members.aol.com/bgcpost2040/index.html Bubblegum Crisis Post-2040
carnage.fanfic.org/index.html Fanboys
www.anime.sobhrach.com/~k...index.html
homepage.mac.com/dgoldsmith/writing.html
www.gweep.ca/~hagen/core.html Shawn Hagen
www.anime.sobhrach.com/~makoto/index.htm
www.gci-net.com/users/w/w.../jamie.htm
www.fanfic.net/~psyckosama/
www.geocities.com/Tokyo/D...nfics.html
grum.anifics.com/master.html The Grum
Fanfiction.net
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=266044
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1235894
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=176418
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=579495
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=700437
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1074657
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1135535
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1235963
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=484855
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=423086
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=488696
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1559003
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=797476
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1412312
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1283085
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1686151
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1077271
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1067124
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1541284
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1269455
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1694849
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1283950
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=916179
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=703631
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1594753 Mothers, Witches, and Bargains Made
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=511804 Harry Potter and Camp Sunny Knoll
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=936571 Slytherin Rising (links to part 4)
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...chapter=16 Of Western Stars
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1557810 Among the Muggles Again
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1257566 A Tabby and Her Kit
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1603039 This Means War!
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...id=1169162 Harry Potter & The Daughter of Malfoy
www.fanfiction.net/profil...erid=19764 Magnetic Personalities
www.fanfiction.net/profil...erid=56848 The Big Brotherhood Progamme
www.fanfiction.net/read.p...yid=579764 Ronin Toad
www.fanfiction.net/profil...rid=106395 Ailurophobia (sequel to Arachnophobia)
Archives
ladycosmos.anifics.com/
www.nabikiandranma.com/main.html
tannim.anifics.com/
www.fictionalley.org/
phu.anifics.com/

Enjoy
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
There are several of my favorite fics at www.jhedge.com/story/anime/index.htm. Yeah, it's my website, no, they're not all my fics (not even mostly my fics). There are links to other sites too - most should be ok but I haven't checked in a while.Jeanne

Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com
go.compuserve.com/Comic

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Fanfic!
Okay, let's see.
Dan Gibson's _Sic Semper Morituri_. Lots of fun. It's got Evangelion vs the Mythos, in 1947 occupied Japan with all that that implies. And Nabiki Tendo and an amnesiac Ranma, and lots more fun good stuff.
Speaking of Improfanfic, 'Dark Heart High' is absolutely delightful. I want to RP there.
A huge crossover off the path of the FFML
Most of her works are on fanfiction.net
The writer has created a huge universe called "URBAN LEGENDS" that includes everything from her own version of AIRWOLF to the X-MEN.
most are very good.
one bit of advice go to her webpage and get the timeline and use it to read her stories.

traethlin.tripod.com/
www.fanfiction.net/profil...erid=77482

I'm not happy about recommending fanfiction.net, but it's the only place you can get all her stories.
Fanfiction is one of the hardest to access archieves I've ever seen and if it wasn't for Vathara and 2 or 3 others that effectively only post to it I'd never spend the time trying to get the sites webpages to download correctly.
howard melton
God bless
The Contiunum Worlds:
www.continuumworlds.org/
Cosmic Powers:
marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/fanfic/
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Fic recommendations
Yow. This list has grown to be practically encyclopedic. But I think I've spotted a few things missing. You may know of some of these already, Chris, in which case just think of them as pointers provided for the other readers of this thread.
And away we go...
If you don't mind enough lesbian action to make Chris Davies cry "halt! no more!", Jim Bader's A Tale of Two Wallets is inventive, original and far-ranging. Of course, like many really good fanfics, it seems to have been abandoned. But only after nearly 150 chapters...
Sean Gaffney's I Am One and Won't Get Fooled Again are a couple of good Dirty Pair fics. You can find them on this page, along with a lot of other good stuff. But this is one you probably know already.
Hm. Do you know of Chris Jones' Ranma's Apartment? Very good "Ranma gets fed up with it all" story, with an unexpected crossover element that grew out of an impulsive cameo in the first story.
Ranma and Akane: A Love Story. Incomplete, but a work of art.
Stefan "Twoflower" Gagne's Sailor Nothing. Incredibly original presentation of an original take on fuku-clad magical girls. Cannot be read as plain text; you must read it via browser. Similarly innovative is his original SF-ish story,
Unreal Estate.
To Change A Life -- Evangelion story: After Third Impact, the mind of Yui Ikari seeks a way to undo its effects, and embarks on an audacious plan...
Archimage -- a really good (if incomplete) Utena continuation story.
Okay, that's all I can come up with at the moment; I don't troll the cesspools very deeply when I look for new stories, unfortunately. I am going to check out the other links in this thread, though.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Re: Fic recommendations
And another link:
members.fortunecity.com/x...omniverse/
The links I've given aren't anime links. They are DC/Marvel fanfic sites.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
And for those who may be wondering....
...Here's a link to the Quck & Dirty FFML Links Redux .
It is as updated as I think I can get it.
--Rod.H
Not so much a fic reccomendation, as after FF.net's policy changes it's not there anymore any way, more a reccomendation for a review that made me laugh out loud and thank my lucky stars I'd never come across the original. It's a scathingly bad review, but amusing to read... Anyway, here's a link. but it's not at ALL work-safe.
web.pitas.com/ficbitches/popgoes.html
- CD, When you have (sex)-crazed balloon-girl Ranma and latex-fetishist Ryouga, there's nothing you really CAN say. ^_~
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Oh, dear god, I've actually seen that fic, and recently, too. Yes, it is an incredibly weird one.
Quote:
When you have (sex)-crazed balloon-girl Ranma and latex-fetishist Ryouga, there's nothing you really CAN say.
Except, maybe, "squeak".

-- Bob
---------
Oh, and I just came up with another recommendation for Chris, if he hasn't seen it already: Heart's Healing by D.F. Roeder.

-- Bob
---------
>If you don't mind enough lesbian action to make Chris
>Davies cry "halt! no more!", Jim Bader's A Tale of Two
>Wallets is inventive, original and far-ranging. Of
>course, like many really good fanfics, it seems to
>have been abandoned. But only after nearly 150
>chapters...
Hum, wrong. It is still going strong: part 128 was
released 1/12/2004. The new address is:
www.hostultra.com/~AngCob...bader.html
BTW, the one with 150~ chapters is not ATOTW but "A
Very Scary Thought" (AKA "Nabiki 1/2") whose 160th
episode was released last Friday, and which has about
twice the lesbian action than ATOTW.
NN
Wow. This has been an impressive showing. Some points:
1) I'm surprised by how many of these I've read before.
2) I'm either getting way too picky, or way too spoiled by reading stuff the quality of Bob/Eyrie/Cat Tails, because I can't stand to read a lot of stuff I used to actually enjoy.
3) My god, nothing turns me off more than bad spelling. Especially mistakes in the rogue/rouge line.
4) Except for maybe horrible unreadable formatting.--
Quote:
BTW, the one with 150~ chapters is not ATOTW but "A
Very Scary Thought"
Well, I was counting the side-stories, too... So they're both that big...
New chapter? Cool. Thanks for the info.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
1) I'm surprised by how many of these I've read before.
Yeah, I threw out a whole lot of possible links because I figured it was way too likely that you'd seen'em.
Quote:
2) I'm either getting way too picky, or way too spoiled by reading stuff the quality of Bob/Eyrie/Cat Tails, because I can't stand to read a lot of stuff I used to actually enjoy.
Thank you; I'll let my college creative writing advisor know that her work wasn't in vain. I know what you mean -- I went back, dug up and reread the the Richard Lawson Nuku-Nuku fics from almost 10 years ago, which I thought were incredible when I first discovered them. They're still good, but the bar's been lifted since then -- my expectations are much higher now.
Quote:
3) My god, nothing turns me off more than bad spelling. Especially mistakes in the rogue/rouge line.
Oh yeah. Although I do enjoy amusing myself by picturing all the boomers in those BGC fics with that very error as having big powdery red spots on their cheeks...
Sometimes I'll find a writer who has everything going for him but spelling -- and I'll struggle through his work. But bad spelling is the number two flag for me of a mediocre to bad writer. I can't remember how many of them on the FFML didn't even care to hear that they should fix that up. Their attitude was along the lines of "you got a story out of me, you should be satisfied with it". I keep trying to make the analogy between words and the tools of a craftsman, but so few people want to bother. They're just too caught up in the insufferable Kewlness of being able to put a few semicoherent sentences together and publish it on the web. Like that makes you a writer.
Quote:
4) Except for maybe horrible unreadable formatting.
That's my number one bad fic sign. If it's all one paragraph, forget it.
Also bad: chapters that are five paragraphs long, with author's notes that say, "sorry I took six months to write this."
The only thing I can figure is that these people are trying to write without ever having read first.

-- Bob
---------