Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Dee's Cat Tales got poached?
Chris Dee's Cat Tales got poached?
I was reading through Book 4 of the Cat Tales fanfic series. Chapter 4 - then tried to go to Chapter 5 - and the site got a 404. I checked my own connection and it was good. So I switched browsers and apparently the site's been domain-hijacked! The site was working fine up until about 30-40 minutes ago as of the time of this posting. But now it's gone and a redirect is in place.
Someone forgot to pay a bill? ISP switched on him? I have no idea. But I'm trying to put the word out and get word to HIM about it. I don't know Dees personally or how to get in touch with him. But on the off-chance that I'm the first to notice this (because I was actively reading at the time) could someone who does know him pass along the word?

Oh - just so you can see what the problem is - and also so you can avoid clicking there (in case of malware, which I am now checking on my own machine) here's something close to what you SHOULD be seeing when you click to go to his site compared with  what is actually there now. (Image gleaned from the internet wayback machine)
[Image: Cat-real.jpg]
[Image: Cat-napped.jpg]

Just so you know - if you have Cat Tales favorited, you might want to avoid using that link right now until the problem is resolved.

I think they all ready know, 'cos this is the message a top the Cat Tales Fora
Quote:Websites Maintenance
The main catwoman-cattales.com website will be offline for a few hours Monday Jan 23 while we do a precautionary reboot and republish after a malware attack on our hosting server over the weekend. The tales will be back online as soon as possible. During the outage, all stories will still be available at the mobile-friendly mirror cat-tales.mobi

So, how difficult is it to replace the ISP's default page with this?

Down for Maintenance
Sorry - We're Down for Maintenance!
The main catwoman-cattales.com website will be offline for a few hours Monday Jan 23 while we do a precautionary reboot and republish after a malware attack on our hosting server over the weekend. The tales will be back online as soon as possible. During the outage, all stories will still be available at the mobile-friendly mirror cat-tales.mobi

(I wrote that - by hand, no HTML editor - in a minute and a half.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Nerd Tongue

Ok, fair enough. I didn't know about how to reach the Cat Tales forum without going through the main site. Should've occurred to me though that the Cat Tales forums would still be there, since I'd noticed some time ago that it was using the same provider as ours (yuku/ezboard).
Glad to know it's just a hiccup. Wanted to provide a heads up in case it wasn't.

dark seraph Wrote:Nerd Tongue
I prefer "geek".
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Logan Darklighter Wrote:Someone forgot to pay a bill? ISP switched on him? I have no idea. But I'm trying to put the word out and get word to HIM about it.
Probably a terribly nitpicky thing to point out, but Ms. Dees is female. http://chrisdee.freeblogit.com/who-is-chris-dee/
-- Acyl