Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow... now I remember why I mostly only read reccomended fanfic
Wow... now I remember why I mostly only read reccomended fanfic
I've been going through Kamen Rider fic for the last couple days looking for something that doesn't suck... and The Crossover That Should Not Be one, Familiar of ZerOOO, a self-insert in the classically blatant style, was the BEST I've turned up out of a dozen or more. Several were truly abysmal, I'd say in the "Is this being written by a twelve year old?" sense... except that I can remember writing a project intentionally childishly in 7th grade, and it was still better than they were.

- CD

ETA: Bonus fanart: Naruto's Decade
[Image: dcdnaruto.png]
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

I'm going to throw a stone from inside my glass house here and agree with that.

I tend to find my reading material on Spacebattles, or from the rec thread these days, if at all.

Oh yes. I don't go through FF.net looking for stuff life's too short and sanity's too fleeting. (A crossover between Good Omens and Left Behind, that the blurb line plays straight? There's no way I'm going to risk opening that)

I have had some minor luck... Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Decade is a short and sweet crossover set post-StrikerS and (at a guess) immediately after the visit to Shinkenger in Decade, though there's not much in the way of clues to that beyond the mention that it's "another world without Riders." It has a sequel by another author, Lyrical Decade set a bit later, either in a new round of the Rider War post-Decade movies or in the middle stages of it, sometime between the cliffhanger ending of Decade's TV series and where the movie picked up with it almost over. Needless to say, it contains spoilers for both continuities if you care about that, far more so than the first fic.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows