Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argh! Where is it?
Argh! Where is it?
This morning, before the start of work, I came across a link to an Asuka Peggy Sue fic for Evanglion.  I read it at lunch, loved the hell out of it, and now that I'm home I'm looking for the link so I can bookmark it.  But damned if I can't find it now.  Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?  If so, please point me at it.  Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

The story doesn't ring a bell, but have yu checked your browser history for the link?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

It's implied that Doug was at his place of work when he was linked to it: his home browser history won't be any help.

Doug, if your work machine retains any state overnight, check your history there and e-mail yourself the link.

Do share when/if you find it again, I've learned to put a good bit of weight on the opinions here as to what constitues a story that's likely to be good.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Quote:It's implied that Doug was at his place of work when he was linked to it: his home browser history won't be any help.
Bob was, not Doug. And I'm there now and checking the history, which is what I planned to do if I couldn't find it last night (which I couldn't).

The story is Unbroken, by Donderkind. And I would have sworn I got the link from here, as it's not on the TVTropes NGE Peggy Sue recommendation page. (In fact, I wanted to put it there.)

-- Bob
---------

On the subject of Eva fics that one can't find:

Shinji merges with 01 very early in the series. They bring in Asuka earlier than canon to pilot 01 and she eventually makes contact with Shinji's conciousness in there. At first, she really likes having a much more cooperative eva, but emotional friction and angst about Shinji being stuck in the mech settle in. Read it a while back, haven't seen it since, don't know if it was continued. The last event I remember from the story was the volcano dive.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Quote: it's not on the TVTropes NGE Peggy Sue recommendation page

(confusion) Did you put it there last night then Bob? Cause, that's where I found it - under the EVA Peggy Sue section.  I was going to point it out - but figured since you had already linked to that page that wasn't the one you meant.

K

I just put it there this morning, right after I wrote my last post above.
-- Bob
---------

Deadpan29 Wrote:On the subject of Eva fics that one can't find:

Shinji merges with 01 very early in the series. They bring in Asuka earlier than canon to pilot 01 and she eventually makes contact with Shinji's conciousness in there. At first, she really likes having a much more cooperative eva, but emotional friction and angst about Shinji being stuck in the mech settle in. Read it a while back, haven't seen it since, don't know if it was continued. The last event I remember from the story was the volcano dive.
That's Deus ex Evangelion.
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Deadpan29 Wrote:On the subject of Eva fics that one can't find:

That's Deus ex Evangelion.
A real shame in that it hasn't been updated in over a year.  I'm about ready to send it up for the Dead Fic List.

Ah, I just stumbled over where I found Unbroken -- on the TVT Peggy Sue page itself, not the Fanfic Recommendations/Neon Genesis Evangelion Peggy Sue page.

If that's what you meant, K Sai, my apologies for misunderstanding you.
-- Bob
---------

no worries...I missed that you specifically said the NGE TVT Page as opposed to the general PGS page Smile

Here's another one that tends to update only once or twice a year so I keep losing track of it. Kazuki Yotsuga from Dual Parallel Trouble adventures and Makoto and Ifurita from El Hazard end up in Evangelion near the beginning and try to keep a low profile while still helping out.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Name and URL, please?
-- Bob
---------

The fic is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2287727/1/Converging_Paths]Converging Paths (FF.net link) by http://www.fanfiction.net/u/254088/Chaos_Lord]Chaos Lord

My Google-Fu was strong today.

Thanks!
-- Bob
---------

Not a "where is it" but a "what happened".  Back in August through November 88mph at
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3243738/88mph
was cranking out a story called "Ninja who lived".  It had a character who was Harry Potter, reborn as Naruto, and while the character was a name-only of both those protagonists, it was also a lot of fun.  Then after November the updates stopped.  So...anybody know what happened with the author and this story?
----------

Deadpan29 Wrote:Not a "where is it" but a "what happened".  Back in August through November 88mph at
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3243738/88mph
was cranking out a story called "Ninja who lived".  It had a character who was Harry Potter, reborn as Naruto, and while the character was a name-only of both those protagonists, it was also a lot of fun.  Then after November the updates stopped.  So...anybody know what happened with the author and this story?
I'd actually wondered if 88mph was yet another pseudonym for Perfect Lionheart/Skysaber. He started writing around the time Perfect Lionheart's fic titled 88 Miles Per Hour stalled, and he has a similar writing style. If this theory is correct, the reason that Ninja Who Lived isn't updating is because he resumed updating as Perfect Lionheart.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

I suppose it could be possible, but the story isn't really Skysaber style... of course, he did do a pretty good job at that at the beginning as Lionheart, too.

For a while.

- CD, still thinks its more likely just a case of fanfic burnout.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

On one hand, the over-the-top mix of action and human is reminicent of Skysaber when he is in the zone. On the other hand, I don't see any signs of author rants or a hero who is held up as morally infalable while comitting mental rape or other atrocities.  
Edit:  That should have been "mix of action and humor"  This is what you get when I post while sleep deprived.
----------

Deadpan29 Wrote:On one hand, the over-the-top mix of action and human is reminicent of Skysaber when he is in the zone. On the other hand, I don't see any signs of author rants or a hero who is held up as morally infalable while comitting mental rape or other atrocities.
He's using his position as the master of death to compel ghosts to obey him and turned several of his classmates into his private pseudo-ANBU. He also verbally/emotionally smacked Tsunade around to get her to come around to his viewpoint. Things may not have gone off the rails yet, but they easily could.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Mm. Maybe I should check this fic and see if my Skysabersense tingles.
-- Bob
---------