Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even Newer Newest Eyrie

(just finished reading. will post when sanity finishes rebooting.)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Really glad that my favorite character showed up.
~~Silverex

Who, Heather Maclellan?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Omnibus 6 featuring the Great Bison Hijack
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/UF/FI/SOS/taken-1.txt]Symphony of the Sword No. 5, Fifth Movement: Taken By Storm, Part 1: Honeymoon by the Sea is now out.
-- Bob
---------

I finally sat down and read the three new Symphonies, and I think I need to finally turn in my Anime Fandom Club Card. I don't know who the hell most of these people are. I think there's some Doctor Who in there and Kaname Chidori is from the rad Full Metal Panic, but dang yall it isn't even like the old days when at least I knew what series people like Utena and Rayearth girls were from. It all just devolves into random Japanese names and I couldn't keep track of them.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

The last one, and chunks of the one before, aren't anime but American animation: Avatar: The Last Airbender (Which is admitted animesque in style.)
-- Bob
---------

I eagerly await the day some stupid bastard picks a fight with the one and only Toph Bei Fong.

'Oh, she's just a little blind girl...'
(In the same way that the Rabbit of Caerbannog is 'Just a little bunny.')
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

One of the many, but possibly greatest regret, I have of the Avatar: the Last Airbender movie's existence is that M. Night Shamwow screwed up the movie so badly, that there will not be a second one. No live action representation of Toph. No live action representation of Ty Lee. 
Booo.
Having gotten that off my chest, and to bring it back on topic: if anyone can do Toph justice in a fanfic, Gryphon and company can. I look forward to more Toph.

~~Silverex

Also... Toph on a space station. Huh. This seems like trouble that I would want to be far away from.

It's not Eyrie but if you look in the new fic recs, I just recced a SG-1/Avatar crossover. Toph on a Hatak. Toph in the SGC complex and encountering concrete "almost-sandstone". Or Toph and coffee.
D for Drakensis

Quote:Silverex wrote:
One of the many, but possibly greatest regret, I have of the Avatar: the Last Airbender movie's existence is that M. Night Shamwow screwed up the movie so badly, that there will not be a second one. No live action representation of Toph. No live action representation of Ty Lee.
Ty Lee would have been fun to see, but it was the loss of a live action Toph that really annoyed me after we watched the series.  (We bought the DVDs the day we saw the live-action film because we said, "y'know, that wasn't too bad.  If that's the case, how good must the series be to be raising all those screams of outrage?"  Plus Barnes and Noble had them priced at "you really, really, are going to buy these" to cross-promote with the movie.)
-- Bob
---------

In complete and total fairness I had a brief go at working out how to make a film out of Book 1: Water and gave up fairly quickly. A lot of things happen and any attempt would have been a cram job. Perhaps two films per book could have worked out.

Oh, and new Eyrie: Le Droit du Dragon
D for Drakensis

I definitely agree, drakensis. Cramming a season's worth of content into a movie is a recipe for disaster. 
As for blaming M. Night.... I dunno. I may be displaying my ignorance of how the film industry works, but I would think a director of all people should be able to say, "Hey wait. This is a bad script for so and so reason. Lets see if we can do better." I think a story like the promise comics, which are supposed to happen after the series, would have been a much better adaptation.

I am 100% with you Bob and glad you gave the TV show a shot. I really can't imagine coming from the movie to the TV series. Lack of imagination on my part perhaps. =)

Now off to read the new Eyrie.

~~Silverex

Bob Schroeck Wrote:The last one, and chunks of the one before, aren't anime but American animation: Avatar: The Last Airbender (Which is admitted animesque in style.)
Oh, I've seen all the Avatar, from Aang to Korra. That was fine as it was just a couple characters until they got to Planet Four Nations. It was the other bits I was finding no purchase with.
drakensis Wrote:Oh, and new Eyrie: Le Droit du Dragon
That hit all the right notes though.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Heh.
I can think of a few series where that's *as* stupid a thing to say as in this one, but none that exceed it...

-Morgan. And Umi's even watched some of those things happen!

Quote:Morganni wrote:
I can think of a few series where that's *as* stupid a thing to say as in this one, but none that exceed it...
"Hellboy" (The movie.)
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Know absolutely nothing about it!

Also, S5 M5 Part 2, the revenge continues.

... Or something. '.'

-Morgan.

Well.

That was a thing.

A good thing.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

This just in. The Sheriff's Secret Police would like to remind everyone that supporting anything from Desert Bluffs, IS BANNED.

That is all.

I get the feeling I'm missing an injoke here.

-Morgan.

'Several Major League Bending teams
including
The Night Vale Spiderwolves
and
The Desert Bluffs Sunbeetles'

Night Vale and Desert Bluffs are cities from the podcast Welcome to Night Vale. It's a little like if A Prairie Home Companion had been written by Lovecraft.

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Forum- ... 4/155.html Y'know who's been found. And I really must get back on or request a fix to the EPU forum to add: content="text/html;charset=utf-8" somewhere in the header. It makes the wtf characters easier to read. Dang Firefox keeps on defaulting to charset:windows-1252 each time I load the site unless I force it to UTF-8.

And the second half of that mini-story:

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Forum- ... 4/156.html

It's interesting. I have Firefox set to default to UTF-8 unless the page specifies another character set, and it displayed the unusual characters in that story just fine... but when someone used the same characters in one of the comments, that version of the character displayed as garbled; it was apparently entered using ISO-8859-1.

Apparently I've got Firefox default set to ISO-8859-1, it's just autodetecting windows-1252.