Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New fic Recommendations vs. Hanoi Xan and the World Crime League
New fic Recommendations vs. Hanoi Xan and the World Crime League
because the old one was getting long... and turning into a debate on the merits of spacebattles.com forum as a fic distribution medium and the rules of battletech....

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3258545/1/Undead_Secrets
harry potter with elements of blade and buffy thrown in for flavour

-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

One shot by Dogbertcarroll - Limbo Partners
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss

www.tthfanfic.org/Story-19725/Samarkand ... +Fight.htm

It's Not the Size of the Dog in the Fight (Buffy YAHF, humor)
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Magical Girl Nanoha 1/2?

At the risk of being obvious: Ranma/Nanoha crossover with the two of them about the same age.

Quote: "Yoink!"

Precia blinked in confusion. One moment the jewel seeds were in front of her, the next moment they were gone. Quickly the woman turned around, and spotted
a running boy in a torn and dirtied gi. In his hands he held every jewel seed that she once had.

The shriek of outrage made Ranma twist and stick out his tongue. "Take that you old hag! You talk too much!" The replying thunderbolt singed
him, but missed as he ran away.

"Was that Ranma?" Nanoha blinked at the screen with wide eyes.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

yet another chapter of 'It's Not the Size of the Dog in the Fight', from 2 posts above.

Susan Pevensie/10th, 8th (briefly), 9th, and 13th Doctor: Like an Onion Inside Out

Warning: tearjerker. Smile

--Sam

"He's not a tame Doctor."

A Different Story

A Peter Pan mini-fic that I liked a lot.

Quote: A Peter Pan mini-fic that I liked a lot.
Well no wonder, it's by Archangel Beth. o.O

--Sam

"Oh, there's crime here. I can smell it."

Haruhi ficlet. Kinda dark.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3872447/1/Fear

Fear, a Cthullu/NGE fusion done in the style of Biles' Children of an Elder God, but with more of an eye to being Lovecraftian.

www.fanfiction.net/s/5251162/1/

Divination is a Wooly Subject, an interesting but disturbing Potter one-shot by KafkaExMachina
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Risk: http://mhalachaiswords.livejournal.com/ ... tml#cutid1

Donna Noble / Jethro Gibbs. Cool short.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I wouldn't call this a recommendation so much as a general announcement/alert: Skysaber has returned to ff.net from wherever he's been for the last year-plus, and comes bearing a new fic: Double Time Trouble. After witnessing a despondent Harry's suicide in front of the entire school, and failing to prevent it with her first attempt with a time turner, Hermione and her very-slightly younger self both join forces to try again... only to slingshot themselves back to their birth... which when Time repairs itself from their efforts becomes the birth of twin Granger girls... who end up going to St. Trinian's School instead of Hogwart's.

I'm only just starting the second chapter, so I can not testify to how well this works out. Then again, it's Skysaber. It's probably going to be about six chapters of awesome, then go horribly off the rails, after which Hermione will lecture both her friends and the readers about various thinly-disguised moral and religious topics at the drop of a hat.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Close. Ranting begins in ch5, memory charms in ch6. 'Reality is what I say it is, for everyone's own good' again, like MGL
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

I gotta say, you guys are doing a good job of ensuring I don't ever read his stuff.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Somebody has to, for the greater good.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

one shots.  (by http://www.fanfiction.net/u/67673/Chilord )  Latest 2 are xander.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5117161/5/Fragmented_Ideas

Quote:I gotta say, you guys are doing a good job of ensuring I don't ever read his stuff.
Funny ^ this is.

I used to enjoy Skysaber, back in the days of dialup connections. I'd see him ranting about how x could be done much better, or how y could benefit from
the application of z, and I'd be impressed.

Now, though...

It's really a pity. There's some talent there- it's just hidden beneath so many obsessions, bad habits, and complexes that you can barely see it
exists now.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Sadly, I have to agree. Some of his early stuff is among my favorite guilty pleasures -- I frequently go back and reread his Evangelion/Dual/Slayers blender thingie, and wonder how it would have ended -- but his later stuff just seems to, well, lose its awesome like a tire going flat.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Discworld fic: Some
Buggers by Sam Storyteller.

Twenty-plus years in the books' future, it's Sam Vimes' funeral. But not everything will go as expected... or will it?

--Sam

"That! Is! NOT!! MY!!! COW!!!!!"

Night Watchmen

BTVS AU. Faith makes her way to Sunnydale earlier than usual. Things go differently.

http://www.fanfiction.net...Boys_and_Girls_of_Summer

I remember Skysaber fondly. I never took his stuff seriously, but I remember his older stuff fondly.

Then he freaked out and ran off, came back, blamed everyone for hurting his feelings, freaked out and ran off, came back, blamed everyone for hurting his
feelings, freaked out... and so on and so on.

Shame really. His Marty Stu fics used to be fun, especially when he crossed over with Greys Butt Monkey stories (Usually right as Greys SI was digging himself
out of the pit of suffering, kicking off a chain of events that dropped the poor bastard back in it again.)

Roadverse
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4411789/1/R ... g_for_Love
Blade / BTVS. Faith-centric.
Quote:Ok.. so everyone's
allowed to miss one call on occasion.She staggered into
the mouth of the alley, hitting one corner coming in, weaved to a
stop in something approximating a cocky stance, muttered something
under her breath that sounded to his enhanced hearing suspiciously
like "Piss off, Spike", and said cheerily: "Here
vampy vampy vampy! Hic!"
For some reason,
suddenly a part of him found itself wanting to pinch the bridge of
his nose, hard, and start frantically polishing his sunglasses. If it
hadn't been for the sudden rush of Power rolling off of the woman in
waves, he'd have been merely horrified.
As it was.. he was
both horrified and fascinated. There was a certain impending train
wreck feel to the developing situation. He just wasn't 100 certain
who was the train...

*SNRT!* Sorry, but that deserves to be in the ROTFLMAO Thread.
Firefly - Forward
A speculative AU 'Season 2' for Firefly

Well written, True to Character (besides the AU divergence points) and the show's style. 42 - Long - Chapters strong broken into 'episodes'
consisting on average of about 7 chapters each. Last update 26/7/09.

This may have been recced before, if so I don't recall. I apologise if I'm mistaken, but IMHO this is worth taking a look at and I don't impress
easily

K