Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be XVI: Mass-Murderers Love Company
Crossovers That Should Not Be XVI: Mass-Murderers Love Company
Rome, like Carthage, was a girl.  Roma.
I figure that Romulus is something like a male diminutive of Roma.
Caligula means little soldier's boot, and Dracula means little dragon.  (Caliga was the hobnailed sandal that the Miles wore.)  Regulus actually means little king.  (rex, regis)  (Ooh.  Little King's Story and the story of Regulus.  Look at the game on the LP Archive.  Whereas, Regulus got rolled down a hill in a spike lined barrel.)
I've a theory that Janus used to be the chief deity and war deity of the Romans.  That Romulus was added to the history prior to Numa when they altered their pantheon to put Mars (a.k.a. Mavors) in that positon.  Highly highly speculative.  (I mean, it first requires assuming that Mars had the position at some point, and it was then handed to Jove due to contact with the Greeks so that the Romans could do the 'your deities are our deities' thing that they liked to do.  They said that Odin was a form of Mercury.)
Or maybe it was a backstory they concocted for Quirinus.  (Twelve Kingdoms and Campione!  Somebody's Kirin kills Quirinus while traveling in another world.)
(As an aside, Remus in Guin saga has a very unfortunate name.  I also seem to recall hearing that Rind was the name of a princess Odin was supposed to have raped.)
Alucard with his usual powerset alone, sitting in the shadow world, might well be able to compensate for no friendly wild cards and an ineffective investigation by turning the virgin victims and attacking the problem from the other side.  I don't have a compelling reason why he would.

Mahou Sensei Nerima. When 11-year-old Negi Saotome is dispatched to Furinkan Academy to teach Martial Arts in order to gain his Grand-Mastery, the last thing he expects is that his class will be made up of nothing but girls with romantic intentions toward him...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Old thread is old. New thread is new.

Since I don't have a new one, I'll just grab one I posted to the Silly Tolkien Crossovers thread over on the SJGames forums:

"I cannot read the words. What do they say?"
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sauron R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

O R'lyeh?

Well, how about if we switch Strider with Walky-chan? Hmm, I wonder if that would make for epic fights with the nazgul, or if they'd flee in terror...

ETA - Having thought more about Mouse Wars... try _Snow White and the Seven Stormtroopers,_ _Maleficent Strikes Back,_ and _Return of the Mouseketeers_ on for size.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

JRR and Fate/Stay Night.

Five Istari. For some reason, Grail War. Zelretch shuttles back a Matou, a Tosaka, and an Einzbern.

The Blue Wizards, here played by Gendo and Kozo because of John Biles, count as one Master and summon Kei and Yuri.

The other servants are Jamethiel Priestbane, Vash the Stampede, The Doctor, Commander Shepard, Shirou Emiya, and for lack of a better idea, your choice of Tatsuya Shiba or Miyuki Shiba (Mahouka).

Half siblings of Lelouch

F.E.A.R. Alma wa Britannia

Friday the 13 Jason vo Britannia

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Tatsuya sh Britannia and Miyuki sh Britannia

Maou Sensei Negima!

Dirty Pair/Card Captor Sakura Kei and Yue

Lovely Angels/Eva Kei and Yui

Dirty Pair/Sword Art Online Kei and I forget whether she is Yui or Yue.

Dirty Pair/MIB K and Yuri

MIB/GaoGaiGar J and K

MIB/Otokojuku J and K (reads the same as above, but one is an alien cyborg with a giant robot, the other is a student at a Japanese Highschool who may end up PotUS.)

Permutations and combinations of the above.

...and now I want to see a crackfic where somebody summons Snake- either Solid or Naked- as a Servant.  They're obviously meant to be either Archer or Assassin, I'd say, and they'd both have variants on the same Noble Phantasm- The Box.
Now that I think about it, you could fit a few other MGS characters into the War fairly nicely.  Liquid and/or Ocelot as Rider, for maximum hilarity (when you consider their mounts).  Any of the ninja could be Saber (or Assassin), though Gray Fox could also qualify as Berserker.  Can't think of any Lancers, but The Sorrow and Psycho Mantis could probably qualify for Caster.
I pity the poor, unsuspecting Masters in that particular War...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Some bit of me keeps trying to cross over Conan and British history with the idea that that Cromwell's family name actually came from a well that was owned and empowered by Crom. It's not having any real succes, but it's trying.

Quote:The Blue Wizards, here played by Gendo and Kozo because of John Biles, count as one Master and summon Kei and Yuri.
Didn't Gryphon already summon Kei and Yuri?
Quote:Rome, like Carthage, was a girl.  Roma.
Wait, does that mean Venus is a boy?  Masculine word, right?
You really are a Roman fanboy, RomanFanboy.  Maybe I'll ask you to help me with the Latin on the Azumanga pactio cards I'm making, because Discordia knows what declension I'm supposed to be using.  Though I am surprised at how well the seven members of the main cast match up to the seven virtues.
Oh, this thread is supposed to be for crossovers.  Right.  How about:  Happosai slips Ranma a shrinking potion, leaving him to fend for himself at a unfamiliar temple atop a hill.  But while he's there, he is befriended by three tiny goddesses, who try to help him find the antidote.  But what stands in the way is his worst nightmare:  A truly giant (but actually normal-sized) cat.  A Ranma ½ / Adventures of Mini-Goddesses crossover: Ranma 1/8.
-- ∇×V

Sirrocco Wrote:Some bit of me keeps trying to cross over Conan and British history with the idea that that Cromwell's family name actually came from a well that was owned and empowered by Crom. It's not having any real succes, but it's trying.
Given the Cimmerians believe in Crom but also believe that he doesn't give a shit about them, I'd have a hard job reconciling Crom influencing a man of such powerful religious convictions as Oliver Cromwell. Thomas Cromwell perhaps...
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Bluemage Wrote:...and now I want to see a crackfic where somebody summons Snake- either Solid or Naked- as a Servant.
And gets Snake Plisskin instead?

"Snake. Why did it have to be Snake?"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:And gets Snake Plisskin instead?
I heard he was dead....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

The Thomas Cromwell Affair?

Sirrocco Wrote:The Thomas Cromwell Affair?
Which, by association to a historical figure and an anime, the movie, an actor in it, and one of his other roles, leads to the idea of Louise getting James Bond as a familiar.

I've been writing a bit.

Not quite so much "should not be" as "really really stupid": an eight year old Naruto is tricked by a strange man into signing a strange contract with his blood.

Two weeks later, after figuring out the hand seals in the included pamphlet, and biting his thumb, out pops Pinkie Pie.

Thanks

Luc "Friendship is Jutsu" French

Seen that, done REALLY badly (Not quite "Like Squid For Enema" bad, but close) have challenged it (no takers) as being that Pinkie just appears after he wishes someone would have a party with him after being driven off by cold glares and hot words from the festival held on his birthday at around 8ish. Because wherever parties are needed, Pinkie is there to set them up! Wherever laughter is happening, Pinkie's there to roll around!

And this just went into an even more disturbing crossover space, didn't it?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

Bluemage Wrote:...and now I want to see a crackfic where somebody summons Snake- either Solid or Naked- as a Servant.
What if the summons comes from the Harry Potter world?  And they discover that Parselmouths can command them? 
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Today, we've secretly switched Matou Sakura with Haruno Sakura. Let's see if Zouken notices!

(Actually, it's a Thermite Bunshin, set to go off during a 'magus traing' session, because I don't hate even Fanon Uberfangirl Sakura as much as Rapeworm-geezer. There are not enough stories that deal with him suitably...)
--

ClassicDrogn Wrote:Thermite Bunshin
As I understand it, thermite burns more than it explodes.  Probably not enough to kill off all the worms in the Matou family basement.
FAE Bunshin Daibakuha no jutsu, on the other hand...
Quote:What if the summons comes from the Harry Potter world?  And they discover that Parselmouths can command them? 
I'll allow it, providing Snake ends up repeating whatever command he's given as a question.

I've been writing a bit.

It's not just thermite, it's NINJA thermite! When the bunshin's matrix is disrupted it releases like a sealing tag to quickly fill the entire lower level of the manor house with the stuff, then simultaneously ignites at approximately 1ft intervals throughout the volume. It's the next best thing to summoning Lina Inverse or Dark Schneider as a Caster! (possibly Saber for Darshu) Hellsing's Alucard as Assassin or Ghost Rider as (obviously) Rider could work too. Son Goku, Berserker. Paladin Anderson, Archer.
--

Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:

Seen that, done REALLY badly (Not quite "Like Squid For Enema" bad, but close) have challenged it (no takers) as being that Pinkie just appears after he wishes someone would have a party with him after being driven off by cold glares and hot words from the festival held on his birthday at around 8ish. Because wherever parties are needed, Pinkie is there to set them up! Wherever laughter is happening, Pinkie's there to roll around!
And this just went into an even more disturbing crossover space, didn't it?
I've seen it done well enough in two fics.  In both, Naruto tries summoning without having a contract, which (at least in the anime canon) results in the would-be summoner going to the land of the animal they have an afinity for.
Friendship Contract: A young (pre-academy) Naruto tries this in order to get some friends he can call on and ends up effectively raised by the ponies of ponyville.  Be advised that this story runs on rule of cool and rule of funny, and the author just sort of ran out of ideas after a few dozen chapters and never finished.  On the other hand, it manages to be very cool and very funny for most of its run.
Your Summons is Pink: One (longish) chapter so far, published back in October.  For Naruto it is in the month between the early rounds of the Chunin exams and the finals.  For the ponies, it is shortly before the Dragonshy episode and this version of Equestria incorporates elements from Naruto world. (Lyra has a puppet rig giving her HANDS)
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

The Thomas Riddle Affair.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Starring James Cromwell.
 -- Joe
                 Hate is the only enemy

I'm not sure whether this should never be or must be. Sam Becket leaps into The Doctor, and a previous Doctor is drawn to investigate (which doesn't violate laws of time because The Real Doctor isn't really encountering himself as long as he stays away from the waiting room.)

It's called "The One and a Half Doctors."
 -- Joe
                 Hate is the only enemy

WRT thread title...

When Harleen Quinzel, Ryoko Asakura, and Jack Ripper all end up sharing an apartment, it's nothing but hilarious trouble for building managers Mrs. Bates and her son!

ETA - Today, we've secretly replaced Rei Ayanami with Vinyl Scratch. Let's see if Unit 00 notices!
--

jqavins Wrote:I'm not sure whether this should never be or must be. Sam Becket leaps into The Doctor, and a previous Doctor is drawn to investigate (which doesn't violate laws of time because The Real Doctor isn't really encountering himself as long as he stays away from the waiting room.)

It's called "The One and a Half Doctors."
Alternate title: "Look before Who Leap" 8P