Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Super Double Bonus Round

I would like to see Pacific Rim crossed over with Evangelion.

Just for S&G's have the first Kaiju show up just before the third "Angel".

How long would it take Nerve/Seele to figure things out?

Shortly before a Gate appeared in the Ginza to unleash a fantasy-world army on Tokyo it was briefly used to capture a handful of people from the approximate area. In this case, however, what it grabs is the reunion party for a rather closeknit Junior High School class. Now two instructors (a special forces officer and a top-notch honey trap) lead almost thirty students (highly trained in firearms, knife-fighting, parkour, various assassination techniques) to escape the empire and get home.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

(jaw drops open, a flood pours out)

FUND IT!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Sword Art Online and Ender's Game. Kayaba's actually trying to save the world, and SAO is a virtual free-fall world....

Full Metal Panic!/Amagi Brilliant Park.

It's summer vacation and Kaname Chidori has decided that she and her friends ought to go to this fun-looking amusement park called Amagi Brilliant Park. And of course, that includes Sosuke Sagara and his friends (more specifically, Melissa Mao, Kurz Weber, and Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa).

While the gang are there, a group of terrorists decide to attack the park. And given that this is a park that seems to be unusually well-equipped to deal with crazy attack schemes, hilarity ensues...

Quote:Tennie wrote:
Full Metal Panic!/Amagi Brilliant Park.

It's summer vacation and Kaname Chidori has decided that she and her friends ought to go to this fun-looking amusement park called Amagi Brilliant Park. And of course, that includes Sosuke Sagara and his friends (more specifically, Melissa Mao, Kurz Weber, and Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa).

While the gang are there, a group of terrorists decide to attack the park. And given that this is a park that seems to be unusually well-equipped to deal with crazy attack schemes, hilarity ensues...
"Just think about it.  Bonta-kuns!  Bonta-kuns everywhere!"

Black Aeronaut Wrote:"Just think about it.  Bonta-kuns!  Bonta-kuns everywhere!"

And then whoever says that gets pounded by Moffle...

Sam Wilson, along with his EXO-7 Falcon pack, is somehow sent back to the 1940s... but not to his own 1940s. And he isn't the only one.
"If mankind is to progress, Mr Wilson, we must give up our faith in hobgoblins, in faeries and - most especially - in witches. Hail Hydra."
"There's a guy I know who'd say 'on your left'."
"What?"
Falcon puts a right hook into Maloney's left jaw.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Should (not?) be
Every time someone posts an update notice like this:
"more Dog Packhttp://www.tthfanfic.org/Story-31076-19 ... g+Pack.htm "
I misread it as "more 'Dog Park'" and look forward to another the Buffy/Welcome to Nightvale crossover.

Quote:drakensis wrote:
Sam Wilson, along with his EXO-7 Falcon pack, is somehow sent back to the 1940s... but not to his own 1940s. And he isn't the only one.
"If mankind is to progress, Mr Wilson, we must give up our faith in hobgoblins, in faeries and - most especially - in witches. Hail Hydra."
"There's a guy I know who'd say 'on your left'."
"What?"
Falcon puts a right hook into Maloney's left jaw.
Fund. It. Now!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Seems that there are currently two BtVS/WtNV fics on TtH, Podcast Not Broadcast and Radio Silence (both one-shots.) Perhaps someone will take this up as a challenge?

K-ON and Strike Witches. Because WWII-era Macross 7. With no pants.

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
Argo: "What happens when you leave a Guitar Hero control set plugged into the console and start up a flight simulator?"
Kirito: "Macross 7, The Video Game."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
Argo: "What happens when you leave a Guitar Hero control set plugged into the console and start up a flight simulator?"
Kirito: "Macross 7, The Video Game."
I suppose if you leave the Rock Band gear plugged in and start up Mass Effect, you get Interstella 5555: The Video Game. Which I would TOTALLY play.  
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Tank Girl, and Strike witches.

People always wonder how she kept getting that armored behmoth so far up in the air. It was simple really, her tank was built around a Striker's engine.

E.T. needed to phone home, hopefully that blue Police Box would have some useful components ...

I wasn't sure whether the following should go into this or the CTSNB thread, so I decided to post it in both threads:

"Yer a wizard, Forrest!"

(Harry Potter/Forrest Gump)

Quote:Tennie wrote:
I wasn't sure whether the following should go into this or the CTSNB thread, so I decided to post it in both threads:

"Yer a wizard, Forrest!"

(Harry Potter/Forrest Gump)
"Magic is like a box of those Bertie Botts jelly beans -- you never know what you're gonna get.  And sometimes you get something really nasty."

Okay, so not exactly a crossover, but... I bumped into a discussion of various airshow teams on the 'net this past weekend, and now my head is full of concepts for a new video game:

AIRSHOW KOMBAT! Complete with a filked version of the "Mortal Kombat" soundtrack and color commentary a-la Dance Dance Revolution.

"Blue Angles vs Red Arrows: FLIGHT!"

"Let Airshow Kombat BEGIN!"

"Flawless Performance." "Show me your moves!" "Oooh, crash and BURN -- That'll leave a skid mark!" "Look at that starburst!"
"A handful of aerobatic demonstration teams are going to save the world."
"Exact--"
"YES!  About DAMN TIME!"

"A handful of aerobatic demonstration teams are going to save the world."
"Exact--"
"YES!  About DAMN TIME!"
Being the Brony that I am, I can't help but read this and then think that this is probably how the Wonderbolts are feeling after four and a half seasons.

----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

A Firefly crossover/fusion: Big Damn Hero 6.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
A Firefly crossover/fusion: Big Damn Hero 6.
Fund it. Fund it now.
Fund it just for the image of River Tam sparring with the inflatable Nurse Bot, that just happens to have "Mad Kung Fu Skills", and still programmed not to harm humans.

While poking through a long-unused laptop bag I found a thumb drive I'd thought lost some years ago, which contained the following snippet. I may have posted it around 2012, but hadn't even remembered writing it and it gave me a grin, so here it is again if so:

Hogwarts Great Hall, September 1st 1995

The Sorting Hat had finished its song, but before McGonegal could call up the first of the new students there was rumble and a pop and a small pile of dirt appeared under the three-legged stool it sat on, suddenly enough to make the Hat bounce in place a bit. Leaning closer, she was quite taken aback when it suddenly declared, "GRYFFINDOR!"

The more so when a second voice added, "Grip a what?" in a broad Brooklyn accent, and for that matter without the hat's mouth-like tear moving. Thus the normally unflappable Deputy Headmistress merely looked on in amazement as a pair of white gloves supported by grey arms poked out from under the brim and felt around for a few seconds, before picking the hat up to balance against a forehead and two long, wide-splayed ears. "Eh, what's up, doc?" the owner of said voice, gloves, arms, and ears asked, before shimmying up out of a hole that had somehow bored straight through the seat of the stool and producing a carrot from somewhere behind his back. He munched on it while looking around at the Great Hall and the many curious students and staff waiting at the long tables. "My, my, dis certainly don't look like Coney Island... I knew I shoulda' toinned left at Albuquerque."

Gathering her composure, the teacher drew herself up into a more dignified posture. "Indeed not, this is Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and I am Professor Minerva McGonagal, Deputy Headmistress and teacher of Transfigurations. At the moment, however, I was attempting to introduce the new students to be Sorted into their houses," she added, with a quelling wave of her list.

"Ooh, Magic?" asked the newcomer, impressed. "I know some transfinaglin'... like dis! Alakazoot!" Having finished his carrot and tossed the butt end with the greens back into the hole, he drew another (nine and three quarter inches, carrot with a D. carota sativus heart core, quite crisp - a well balanced carrot, good for all purposes) and gave it a twirl and a jab.

The list in McGonegal's hand grew a bit longer and a new name appeared. "Bunny, Bugs?" she read aloud.

"I already told you, this one's a Gryffindor," the Hat said irritably. "Go along now and sit at the table with the red banners, I've got a lot more Sorting yet to do tonight."

(later that evening, in the Headmaster's office)

No matter how much of a surprise his appearance might have been, McGonegal was too fair-minded to deny that the school Register had accepted Bugs as a student, and likewise that the transformation he'd done on her list was well above first-year work. That did leave the question of where to actually place him, however.

"Oh, I loined magic from Da Amazin' Ali-Bahma," Bugs explained. "All kind of innnterestin' spells - here, he can tell ya!" Pulling the Sorting Hat off its shelf, he flipped it over and reached inside, leaning down to fit his arm in nearly to the shoulder before incanting "Roota boota zoot!" and pulling out a rather tall man in a black suit and turban, quite podgy about the middle, who looked confused for a few seconds before focusing on his conjurer.

"Ze rabbit?" he exclaimed, a bit fearfully.

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled with amusement, but he calmly asked, "You would be The Amazing Ali Bahma then I take it, who taught this talented young... fellow, to perform such skilled transfinaglatio- that is, Transfiguration?"

Ali Bahma looked back and forth between the Headmaster and the rabbit, blinking and making inarticulate noises, before being pre-empted by Bugs once more.

"Oh, he taught me lotsa magic, ain't dat right Ali? Like conjurin' a pie!" Bugs rolled up the fur of his free arm and waggled the fingers theatrically.

"Nuttin' up my sleeve!" he announced before plunging it back into the Sorting Hat. "Roota boota zoot! See, a fresh cherry pie, still warm from da' oven. Tell 'em how real it is, Ali!" he crowed, before smashing it in the tall man's face. Ignoring Ali Bahma's indignant sputtering and the way he just got redder even as he wiped the remains away, Bugs delved again into the Hat, this time climbing half into it as it hung in the air where he'd been holding it in order to pull out a large wicker basket. "An' den dere's dat trick wit' da swords..." he continued, reaching in a fourth time before pulling out the Sword of Gryffindor. "Ooh, dis is a nice one."

Anger blown away by the memory of his last round in the basket and not about to go through that again, Ali Bahma cut into his supposed student's patter. "Zat's right, he's all trained up, just needs ze hat, ze owl, and ze stuffed alley-gator to be ze proper wizard. Bye-bye!" Before any further indignities could be inflicted on him, he waggled his own fingers at the still-floating hat, incanted "Rooty zoot toot!" and jumped for it, pinching his nose shut with one hand before diving back in.

Giving his best batty-grandfather smile Dumbledore said, "Well, that settles things I should say. It's far from the first time an older, independently taught student enrolled to brush up in his OWL year. Minerva, I trust you can instruct the house-elves in expanding your fifth-year boys' dorm accordingly."

(. . .)

There needs to be some Umbridge in here, too, protesting the inclusion of a "subhuman" student and getting thwarted in humorous ways each time she tries to interrupt, but those details are not resolving for me except for Bugs' aside after one of the more spectacular ones, "I do dis kind'a thing to her all through da picture."

And, of course, there's the interactions between Bugs and the Trio, Bugs and Snape, Bugs and (shudder) the Twins...

Bugs is pretty much a by-the-numbers Trickster Folk Hero, when you get right down to it, and if there's one thing Harry desperately needs, fifth year more than any other, it's a non-pushy/overprotective mentor in the heroing business and the ability to find a bit of fun even when the situation looks bad.

-----------

2015 note: The "Rooty zoot toot!" line is a music lyrics reference, which fits in on this board even more. The full line as constantly sung by my father is "Rooty toot toot, I'm a real gone galoot, down at the (something) jazz institute" perfectly in line with Ali Bahma's intent at that moment. I have no idea what the exact original lyrics or performer are, as I've only heard it once myself.

Edit: It's Real Gone Galoot by Yogi Yorgesson, which I can't find a legit upload of by can be easily searched up on YouTube to hear it for yourself.

Edit 2: I did, on the other hand, find a copy of a modern recording of "Hold That Tiger" as mentioned in the song, featuring a tiger I would not at all mind holding. Rrrowl.

--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

Quote:"I do dis kind'a thing to her all through da picture."
Ha! Mind if I steal that for DW8?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Go right ahead, Bob! I'm happy to help.
--