Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Super Double Bonus Round
Transplanted from the DW8 Forum, Where It Really Shouldn't Have Been
You know, there's a canon Harry Potter character whose name fits
the
http://twitter.com/user/status/406894139746172928
for naming a RWBY character...
(And actually, there are three, as was pointed out to me:  Lavender Brown, Albus Dumbledore and Rubeus Hagrid.  But Lavender was who I was thinking of.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Not Gilderoy Lockhart, though?
Gold is a color, last I checked.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

No, you're right. For some reason, even when he was mentioned in the other thread, I keep forgetting him. (Joke definitely not intended.)
Edit:  And this should probably be in CTSNB:  Hagrid in Ruby's outfit. 
-- Bob
---------

Tall, dark hair, sharp-featured, intimidatingly intelligent, and a sociopath.

Are we talking Sherlock?

Or Loki?

Is there really a difference?

...A very different take on Detective Loki...
-- Bob
---------

*splutters in amused surprise*

And here I just got back from watching Thor: The Dark World.

The Neogi "trade" fleet moved into orbit. It was a previously unknown crystal sphere, but the world beneath was a typical earth body, if with more ocean than usual. And clear signs of cities.

An inhabited world with no knowledge of spelljamming was always a good source of slaves and wealth.

. . . . . .

On the ocean below a young woman looked up through her telescope, watching the new lights in the sky and ignoring the antics of her crewmates.

"Hey, Nami! Food's up."

Spelljammer - One Piece.

And they used to think Tinker Gnomes were a menace.

This one just occurred to me this morning, so I don't have anything to flesh the concept out with yet, but...

Harry Potter/http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120791/?ref_=nv_sr_1]Practical Magic. Somehow Harry ends up in New England as the adopted big brother in a family of wandless magic users that have a whole town of Muggles supporting and backing them. The movie (released 1998) isn't nailed to the calendar and could have happened at any point in the mid to late 1990s, so it wouldn't be hard to set this up as an AU.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
This one just occurred to me this morning, so I don't have anything to flesh the concept out with yet, but...
Harry Potter/Practical Magic. Somehow Harry ends up in New England as the adopted big brother in a family of wandless magic users that have a whole town of Muggles supporting and backing them. The movie (released 1998) isn't nailed to the calendar and could have happened at any point in the mid to late 1990s, so it wouldn't be hard to set this up as an AU.
It would be very odd, I think, for the Owens sisters, because the implication (at least the one I got), is that magic is something that only women do (at least in the sense that the Harry Potter-verse uses it; there is some indication that "men's magic" exists, but is different, or that men interact with magic in other ways). Still, Harry is a Chosen One, so it could work.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

"Once Upon a Time in China and Mexico." - Wong Fei Hung meets El Mariachi. I predict lots of mayhem.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Quote:Ebony wrote:
"Once Upon a Time in China and Mexico." - Wong Fei Hung meets El Mariachi. I predict lots of mayhem.
'Big Trouble in Little Mexico'?
"The Aztecs have a lot of Hells, Jack."

Has anyone ever proposed a Worm/Saint's Row crossover? Because Taylor as The Boss makes a terrifying amount of sense if you look at it from the right angle.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Quote:M Fnord wrote:
Has anyone ever proposed a Worm/Saint's Row crossover? Because Taylor as The Boss makes a terrifying amount of sense if you look at it from the right angle.
Pity she already has a last name.  It makes the inevitable Worm!SR4/Matrix crossover harder to pull together.
It's just not Matrix without a 'Mr. Anderson' (or Miss, in this case) being drawled out here and there.

I've been writing a bit.

Quote:Jinx999 wrote:

The Neogi "trade" fleet moved into orbit. It was a previously unknown crystal sphere, but the world beneath was a typical earth body, if with more ocean than usual. And clear signs of cities.
An inhabited world with no knowledge of spelljamming was always a good source of slaves and wealth.
. . . . . .
On the ocean below a young woman looked up through her telescope, watching the new lights in the sky and ignoring the antics of her crewmates.
"Hey, Nami! Food's up."
Spelljammer - One Piece.
And they used to think Tinker Gnomes were a menace.
A crossover I've been trying to envision for a while is One Piece and Tenchi Muyo GXP.  World of pirates meets interplanetary pirate bait/trap. 
Unfortunately, I can never figure out how to work the relative power levels.  Seina with his full battle harem, Washu-tech cruiser, and god-machine mecha should curbstomp even the more outrageous powers of One Piece.  Without that backup, he seems terribly fragile.On the other hand, Seina is tough enough to have survived his years of bad luck, plus the GP nanomachine combat enhancements.  Not to mention, how does anyone beat the bad-luck trump card?  
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Tall, dark hair, sharp-featured, intimidatingly intelligent, and a sociopath.

Are we talking Sherlock?

Or Loki?

Is there really a difference?

...A very different take on Detective Loki...
You know, Sherlock _is_ more or less what Loki wants out of life. In the limelight and respected for exactly what he is by the people (person) he cares about.

Neon Genesis Evangelion, done in the style of One Piece.

Picture Gendo Ikari drawn in One Piece style with the characteristically ridiculous One Piece expression of shock and surprise. "NANI?!?!?!"

Tried to google for this and I'm not sure whether to be relieved or disappointed that such an image doesn't exist. Two great tastes that go great together!

I got linked to Senshi: The Merchandising a few weeks ago, and it looks like it might actually be a lot of fun with some good RPers. I also happened to be watching Fullmetal Alchemist at the time, so you know where this is going.

I think that the homunculi of FMA would make an excellent set of Youma Generals, and the chimeras could easily fill in the role of your standard monster-of-the-week youma. They're even villains with theme names, with Envy and Lust being much in the style of archetypal SM baddies. Stealing human energy to make a philosopher's stone is almost a Sailor Moon plot already.

The homunculi would make a very hard challenge for the sailor senshi -- perhaps on the level of the Death Busters. It could use a different dark master though; neither Dante nor Father were all that interesting to me. (Maybe even The Master, because there can never be enough SM/Who crosses, lol.)

There are SM/FMA crossovers out there, but none of them take this approach. They mostly want to ship Roy Mustang/Hino Rei, which is totally an excellent ship but not what I'm looking for.
-- ∇×V

Timote Wrote:
Quote:Ebony wrote:"Once Upon a Time in China and Mexico." - Wong Fei Hung meets El Mariachi. I predict lots of mayhem.

Add 'From Dusk Till Dawn' for maximum carnage.
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.

Quote:batzulger wrote:
Quote:Timote wrote:
Quote:Ebony wrote:"Once Upon a Time in China and Mexico." - Wong Fei Hung meets El Mariachi. I predict lots of mayhem.

Add 'From Dusk Till Dawn' for maximum carnage.
I gotta say... Jet Li vs. Vampires, directed by Robert Rodriguez, with Jack Burton as comedy relief, would be pretty awesome.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Don't Tell my Parents I'm a SupervillanandInterviewing Leather

Don't Tell My Parents I'm A Vaudevillian
-- Bob
---------

From Dusk Till Red Dawn

The Russians just messed with the wrong small midwestern town.

Quote:Sirrocco wrote:
From Dusk Till Red Dawn

The Russians just messed with the wrong small midwestern town.
Nah.  Not the wrong town- the wrong ninja organization.

I've been writing a bit.

Quote:Ebony wrote:
Quote:batzulger wrote:
Quote:blackaeronaut wrote:
Ah. I remember this old idea. Originally it was just the idea of Jason Bourne and Salt somehow coming across little Hanna and taking her under their respective wings... and it got a little outta hand. ^_^;
I wrote a Bourne and Buffy bail out Hanna one over on TTH.
Alternately, she could be adopted by Frank Moses and Sarah Ross (from "Red"), and be raised in a happy, loving family of some of the most dangerous killers the American government ever trained. I mean, Hanna could keep up with Marvin without slowing down AND deal with his level of crazy without blinking an eye.
What if Frank Mosses was Buffy's Godfather?  He keeps an eye on here from time to time. In General he stays out of the way. When things start to happen he gets twitchy.Killing Vampires, O.K. ...  blow up her high school, kids have never liked high school ... Town collapses from beneath her, time to go see that she is OK. Cue the Watchers and the Intelligence community finding about the relationship between the two, and Major Bricks get laid as both groups send out "Kill teams" of brigade size.

BTVS/WTNV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_Night_Vale

"Lake Wobegon through the eyes of Stephen King" - sounds like Buffy material to me!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:
BTVS/WTNV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_Night_Vale

"Lake Wobegon through the eyes of Stephen King" - sounds like Buffy material to me!
May I suggest you investigate: Go Gently (Worm/WTNV)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.