Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should Be: Super Double Bonus Round

S'where I heard about it. There's not much in the way of WTNV content yet, but it's a great little story and has exemplary writing quality, so I agree that anyone curious should check it out.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Before a strange girl met Ichigo one night...

Before hollows, before shinigami, before Quincies reappeared to trouble their world...

There were heroes.

Arisawa Tatsuki, Cure Black.

Inoue Orihime, Cure White.

Now, the disease of Evil threatens Karakura once again! The Earth and the Heavens cry for a cure from the world of light!

Pretty Cure!

Their beautiful hearts will purify these suffering souls!

---

Pretty Cure/Bleach, obviously. Because it always bothered me, how Tatsuki and her friendship with Orihime/semi-rivalry with Ichigo just fell into the background, when she was the character I liked the most.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

A team of marauding interstellar planet-destroyers make a wrong turn and land on Earth... Specifically, in Karakura. Yep, it's DragonBall Bleach. Or something like that.

The only thing that makes this "should be" is the pure cracktasticness of someone pointing their Scouter at a Captain... or Ichigo... or Aizen... for the first time.

Veers into Nightmare Fuel territory if Aizen and Freeza decide to team up for the lulz. Of course, that means Goku has to show up, and meet Ichigo, and then... okay, going into CTSNB territory, now.

Given that the afterlife and people coming back from the afterlife are major issues in some of the DB storyarcs, there's more to that crossover than you might originally think.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

From an author's note on the latest chapter of crazydan's Flipping Channels:
Quote:Why hasn't anyone done a harry potter fic where Harry is the illegitimate grandson of Gangreen the Strange? The Darkest Herbologist in all of Europe? Timelines pretty much synch up since the first film came out in '78
(This would be talking about Attack of the Killer Tomatoes)
--

The Blues Brothers/Men in Black, starring Agents J and E.

Jenny Everywhere, Garrick Grimm, and Doug Sangnoir walk into a bar... Given what they have in common, who else is there?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Just for laughs, Legion is the barkeep.

Also, all three of them take turns spoofing verses for Heywood Banks "Yeah Toast!". Of course, Doug will do the French Toast verse, Garrick the Texas Toast one, and Jenny the Burnt Toast (Intolerant). Bonus points if, in the end, Doug gets a new song power from making a recording of the entire thing. (Probable power: Naruto-style summons Garrick and Jenny, only because Doug has such fond memories of the time they had together.)
EDIT:  Waitahminit...  Let's make this even more fun...  The bar in question?  Let's make it Callahan'sBig Grin

This would be monumental fun indeed. With an extra bonus, because I keep intending to drop Jenny Anywhere as a cameo into one of the DW stories... Hm. Maybe I'll make her a student at Hogwarts...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob, you have no idea how much I'm itching for this.  In fact, I'll just let it be known that there is a Sailor Moon step planned for Garrick, and I'd be perfectly willing to do an alternate version where Garrick and Doug meet up.  At that point, having Jenny Everywhere turn up as well is icing on the cake.  And Callahan's is their regular hang out, just because it's the sort of place they need to blow off steam.
Also, Garrick will turn everything topsy turvy because he'll have knowledge about SM that would prove to be of tactical and strategic importance.  Not to mention the combined firepower the trio would bring to the table... yeah.   (But that's okay because we'd probably want this to be more of a stagger than a full-blown step).  Oh, and it'd be fun to see Doug wig out over Garrick's proto-Godling status.
Okay, other stuff!  This got dropped in Sufficient Velocity's Adorable Picture Thread:[Image: a_box_of_magic_kittens_by_greenteaneko-d5lcuh1.jpg]
And right away, I thought to myself....  How does one protect these adorable little critters from the predations of faustian horrors?
Easy.  You take them over to Okayama prefecture and drop them on the doorstep of the Masaki Household... then you get you ass to lunar orbit like your life depends on it... because it does.  Reason being?  Once Kyubei shows up shit will get real in an ALMIGHTY hurry.

Feel free to write it! My Sailor Moon Step is so thoroughly plotted at this point that I don't think I could wedge it in without disrupting something, but there's reason not to write a "non-canonical" meeting.
-- Bob
---------

Why don't you two meet up after your respective Sailor Moon steps?

That way, you can swap stories of how you dealt with your set of Senshi.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

It'd have to be well after for Doug, as he's amnesiac about DW-S until DW10 -- approximately (goes and checks Itinerary data file) 20 years.
-- Bob
---------

I understand what you mean, Bob. When I say 'alternate' I mean that the story is going to be an AU version of both Garrick's and Doug's stories. (I'm rolling with the Infinite Multiverse thing here, where there's even infinite Dougs and infinite Garricks out there.)

Instead of getting the Inference Engine, Sarah Livsey ends up receiving a different shard- one that identifies as 'Dishonest Winged Serpent Emulation'.
She's still Tattletale, of course.  A better Tattletale, at that!  When she comes up with facts out of thin air, she can *make* people believe her!

I've been writing a bit.

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
I understand what you mean, Bob. When I say 'alternate' I mean that the story is going to be an AU version of both Garrick's and Doug's stories. (I'm rolling with the Infinite Multiverse thing here, where there's even infinite Dougs and infinite Garricks out there.)
(Note to self:  stop reading the forums on the cellphone when I don't have the opportunity to reply.  I've been looking for this since yesterday afternoon!)
Ah, misunderstood your meaning.  And yes, that would be fun.  The Infinite Multiverse is all-but-canon anyway, what with Mary Melodies running around out there somewhere...
-- Bob
---------

Of course, that begets the crossover event - Crisis of Several Dougs. No, not Infinite Dougs, just a double handful is far too much trouble for a single universe to handle. It's hard to say, whether having multiple Doctors or multiple Dougs on hand leads to the more distressing situations, but you know someone is going to have a bad day when it happens.

Hm, one for the other thread: 13 Dougs & 13 Doctors vs. The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo!
--

The Pirates of Doug Water?
Or, if you wanted to get silly, The Pirates of Pendragon Castle?Or what about Doug, a show about a de-aged metahuman soldier attending high school in a small town, his fairly normal friends and crush, and the far-more-whimsical fantasy life he retreats into to cope with the mundanity of it all?

I've been writing a bit.

On one of his stops, Doug is dealing with 2 kinds of underground monsters.  One type is red and ball-like, the other is a man-sized fire breathing dragon, and Doug's only weapon is ... a bicycle pump?
Time to dig, Doug.

Argh.

Surprisingly enough, that video game is the inspiration for a tactic Doug uses against youma in the Sailor Moon Step...
-- Bob
---------

While walking home from school one day, a nine-year-old girl comes across and saves an injured ferret. This marks the beginning of a series of events that will change her life forever.

This may sound familiar to at least some of you. However, there is a major difference:

The name of the girl in question is not Nanoha Takamachi. Rather, it's Nanako Dojima.

(Lyrical Nanoha/Persona 4.)

I was inspired recently by a quote from one of the trailers for the new St Trinian's movies...

Quote:It's like Hogwarts, for psychopaths!

Yeah. It is. What would be even more amusing? A literal "Hogwarts for Psychopaths". The school where the Wizarding World dumps its most outrageous, most sociopathic, and generally downright criminal Fine Young Ladies. Now, I've seen suggestions of "Hermione as a St Trinians' Junior Girl" before, but, well, yeah.

This is the sort of place they'd send witches who, if muggles, would ... get sent to St Trinian's.

The two schools may even know of each other. Or, worse yet, be the same school....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
I was inspired recently by a quote from one of the trailers for the new St Trinian's movies...
Quote:It's like Hogwarts, for psychopaths!

Yeah. It is. What would be even more amusing? A literal "Hogwarts for Psychopaths". The school where the Wizarding World dumps its most outrageous, most sociopathic, and generally downright criminal Fine Young Ladies. Now, I've seen suggestions of "Hermione as a St Trinians' Junior Girl" before, but, well, yeah.

This is the sort of place they'd send witches who, if muggles, would ... get sent to St Trinian's.

The two schools may even know of each other. Or, worse yet, be the same school....
One of the Original St. Trinians cartoons (before it was a film series) has the new Science Teacher arrive by broom. Another has a girl using bat's blood in chemistry.

Works for me.

However, the quote is "Hogwarts for Pikeys" -- I know, it confused me enough that I went and looked it up. It's basically a term for the Travelers -- British Gypsies -- but the closest American equivalent I suppose would be "white trash". It's got overtones of shiftlessness, petty theft and criminality.
-- Bob
---------

Skysaber started writing one of those, but it was already well up the ramp to the shark tank last I looked and I think he had one of his regular episodes of taking his football and going home leaving it to wither on the vine. What here was of it, though, was rather interesting, as the early stages of Skysaber fics often are.
--