Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announce: New Azumanga Daioh fic, Interpol Manzai
Announce: New Azumanga Daioh fic, Interpol Manzai
I'd like to announce the new series of fanfic stories I've written, Interpol Manzai.
The short description: Azumanga Daioh meets Dirty Pair.  Tomo Takino finally realizes her dream of working for Interpol, and manages to drag her childhood friend Yomi into the international police too.
Naturally, I only have the first story up so far, but it's complete, has a concordance, and is available on my website:
Quote:Interpol issues a warrant for the arrest of the WikiLeaks founder, and there's only one woman who can do the job: the ICPO's self-proclaimed top detective, Tomo Takino.  But what happens when Inspector Takino gets a new partner?
There are already crossovers to You're Under Arrest, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, K-On!, and the Millennium series of Stieg Larsson -- and even more crossovers are planned.  But despite the crossovers to darker works and connections to real world problems, IM keeps a light tone throughout, alternating between cozy mystery, action, and slice-of-life comedy.
A long time ago, I asked for prereaders on the forums, and only managed to round up a couple.  But I wound up getting distracted by programming -- and then getting a job in programming, so I put off the final edit.  Well some six months later, rereading it made me laugh.  So that's the best self-recommendation I can give.
I'm looking forward to any C&C I get.  Oh, and if any of you know a good place to announce something like this, let me know.  I'm not super-connected to fanfic communities, and don't know who'd be most interested in stories from an older series like Azumanga.
-- ∇×V

Apologies for not replying to this announcement sooner.

I'd love to read over the story, but when I downloaded the text file, it appeared like one giant slurred text. Is there some way you can spruce it up?
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"