Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dammit FFn!
Dammit FFn!
In their never ending quest to impede anyone actually using the site and turn any worthwhile features into unuseable crap, their latest update has now made it impossible to log on with the psp browser, hence to add items to my favorites list, the one and only goddamn useful feature aside from basic hosting of pages.

I fully expect they will find a way to screw that up as well soon enough, censored censored censored so censored hoo boy censored.

Censored.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Huh, now it works again. How rare!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

They did it... they finally did it, those crazy bastards! They blew it all up!

(Translation: FFn is now completely inacessible, any link to pages just gives me a popup asking if I want to save an untyped file with the page title. Possibly they've been hacked... I hold but faint hopes, however.)

Rage Mode active!
--

I'm not having any trouble accessing content... Perhaps the site really doesn't like the PSP browser?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

This means you hit it when they had at least temporarily broke their mime-types or handlers.
Unfortunately browsers will cache this even after its been fixed server side.
Try clearing your browser cache, that may fix the issue.

Still no trouble - and I looked at a few pages that I've never visited before, too. (I didn't even know they had a page for Sailor Moon / Yu-gi-oh crossovers...)
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Still no trouble - and I looked at a few pages that I've never visited before, too. (I didn't even know they had a page for Sailor Moon / Yu-gi-oh crossovers...)
Rob, I suspect that the Pit of Voles auto-generates crossover categories, and the fans then move their own furniture in...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a PSPotato browser issue, since it pretty regularly (but not always) does the same thing when linked to pages with the .php extension, or or (nearly always) like ffn no extension. I think it cares a lot more about them than the MIME header, or any of the actual content really. Cache is only 512kb, but there doesn't seem to be any way to clear it as such.

Naturally, everyone is expected to have a Vita, a laptop, and a smartphone by now, not some relic from the previous century
--

We've got to get you a better computer. I've got some old hardware and a Windows95 install CD kicking around...

(And I don't want a Vita - I'd rather have a Shamal. Or, better yet, a Hayate. )
--
Rob Kelk

I am still working on it, but more immediate expenses keep coming up. It was really starting to chafe even before this development...

Edit - problem's been fixed again, which is certainly an encouraging development. I still need a real computer, though. One that can run Blender, GIMP, OpenOffice, and Firefox, so Lose95 wouldn't cut it, but Debian, SUSE, or Ubuntu should. Given how crap W8 (heheheh, "Wait," it's like "Wince" for CE and almost as good as "Windows Yuckyface" for XP!) it's inevitable now.
--

I lean strongest toward openSUSE, as I know Code::Blocks and Irrlicht are also stable on it and I still have the dream of getting a game together someday, a "play it forever" type with procedurally generated content (as well as user-added levels) ala Disgaea but fully 3d and mecha based ala the Macross games. Whether the basic 'style' is WW2 like the Flashback 1942 concept or ultratech space opera like Ninja Robot Space Fighter, quad int stat caps and the Infinite Sidequest system are at the core.
--