Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not entirely sure what to do with this...
Not entirely sure what to do with this...
I've been watching Kill la Kill lately... yeah, I know.  It's totally batshit, but in a good way.  What do you expect of the people that made Gurren Lagan?  ANYHOW...
Finally getting to see that utterly insane and cutesy little psychopath named Nui Harime at work (this chick could give Quatro a run for her money in the psychological torture and manipulation department). I felt inspired to write up a tiny little tidbit...  Now, I'm not entirely sure what to do with this, but I am pretty sure that I got myself a gem here.  Just wanted to know what you guys think of it.
NOTE: read this with the placid calm of Laurence Fishburn's Morpheus, but with the cold menace of Hugo Weavong's Agent Smith.
Quote:"Look at you. So adorable. So cute.
Like a little chihuahua all dolled up, running around and biting
people's ankles. But tell me, have you ever seen what happens when a
chihuahua pisses off a big dog, like an American Bully? The
chihuahua tends to get eaten. Alive sometimes.
"I am not going to hold back. I'm not
going to show mercy. I'm going to destroy you. And it's because you
have made the choice to be unrepentantly evil. I can hardly care
less less about the circumstances that brought you to this point,
because now that's all they are: just circumstances. So go ahead.
Bark all you want. Snarl. Growl. Bare your teeth. By all means,
make as big of a show as you like, because it's going to be your
last."
Thoughts?  I'd love to use this somewhere, but a Kill la Kill fic isn't likely to be it.

Well my first thought was, " 'American Bully'?  What does that even mean?  Wait... Bully as in Bulldog/  Maybe?'
The reason being that your making a reference to a culture that may not exist in universe.  Also, I think of bulldogs as an English breed, so the reference to a different type makes me face the choice of forcing myself to ignore the reference (which jams up the flow of the story) or stop and research why she'd refer to the American 'Bully' as specifically adorable.  The word 'bully' makes me think of @^%^& on the playground or Theodore Roosevelt.  Which makes me think of a Bull moose or an actual bull (cow or male whale) before defaulting to 'bulldog'.  All personally specific things, but we are talking about what this line makes me think of...
Then, I decide to skip the wikiwalk and reread the line and realize she calling a bulldog, which as it knee height, a big dog.  This makes me first think that if its not at head height with a man's crotch its not in the big dog category, at all.  So I start thinking of purse pet sized dogs for a big and then about how spoiled and rich this self important twit is... then I have a stray thought she might of meant a pitbull as a 'bully' which means I have to go back and reread the lines again.
So the line loses all menace as I'd be too caught up in what she meant by 'American bully' to have her threat have any weight.  I'd seriously expect the person hearing that line would request clarification on what and 'American Bully' was.... or maybe why she thinks Chihuahua's are cuter that wrinkly bulldogs.  All in all I can't be menaced by a comment that just makes me confused.

The thought of one of those smug, arrogant, holier-then-thou, hypocritical, cowardly, manipulative shithead sorts getting a threat like that pleases me. Especially if it's followed up by the application of said threat quickly enough they only get time to start dismissing it as a concern Smile

Pit Bulls and Boston Bull Terriers are a bit bigger than that - head at hip level, or a little below, while a Boxer reaches that easily - but no, not really above "medium" as dogs go. Any of them are bigger than a Chihuahua, though, so I'm not going to argue sizes as such. I do concur that using one of those breed names, or something similar, would be better than "American Bully" though.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

American Bully Pits are like the red-headed cousin to the American Pit Bull Terriers. These dogs are huge - they may not seem very tall (measuring 13 - 21 inches (33 - 53 cm) at theb shoulders) but what they lack in height they more than make up for in sheer mass! (70 - 120 pounds (31 - 54 kg), some outliers even weigh as much as 130 lbs!)

Source:
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/a/americanbully.htm
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/p/pitbullvs ... nbully.htm

They absolutely love and adore their human masters. Think of Fate and Prescia before Nanoha got to her and you won't be far off at all. However, sometimes, even when they've been properly socialized with other dogs... you get that one with a Napoleon complex into the fray and all bets are off.

Either way, it looks like a dog that's on the list of banned dog breeds, everywhere. However, I think I've come across one that's a great big sook - it's first instinct for strangers is to run, hide and watch 'em.