Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inbit-style MOSPEADA
Inbit-style MOSPEADA
[Image: mY6uoUI.png]
[Image: SLiDkLb.png]

Oh noes! My secret identity, exposed!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Err.... I do not has enough data... "Inbit" not computing...

I suspect 'Inbit' was the name for Invid in the original anime

"Inbit" were the aliens in Genesis Climber Mospeada, yes, which Carl Macek transliterated as "Invid".
This particular illustration popped up in a Worm/Robotech crossover idea over on SB/SV... Wink
SV link to the story
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Well, the original iteration did, in the Ideas thread. Cyclone hasn't (as of half an hour or so agao anyway) posted this finished version with the new helmet and unlinked Protect Armor and color yet. The ... irony? I guess ... is that this is a remodeled Bartley with Blowsuperior arm blades, not a Mospeada at all.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

Also, can't help but notice the artist sig. CD, you didn't do this, did you?

I did, yes. It's based on official line art, though - I can only really take credit for the Iigaa-like remodeling and the coloring job. To be specific, that's the boots, the Ride Armor's shoulder mantle/blasters and shape of the plate between them on the chest, the Gurab-style claws as arm mounts, the vectoring fins on the wheel thrusters, and making everything else rounded. The helmet got a chindectomy and an Inbit style three-camera eye but is otherwise from unused production art - I fit everything onto the cycle form as well and made the tail of it more like an Iigaa's thruster pack of course, but the unlinked Protect Armor is straight shoop-olage (putting the boots and helmet on an official Houquet) as far as the line art goes. Color scheme was worked out between Cyclone and I based on Houquet's and the Inbit Refless when she appears in the last episode or so.
--

Have to say I like it, even if it does share one of the glaring problems that all Cyclone-type armors have shared. No protection on the thighs.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

The unpowered armor has hard shells on the abdomen, upper arms and thighs, in production art that shows how it's put on at least. Showing it as fabric may have been a deliberate change or just animation error in the actual show. The irony of this design is that with its energy blasters and melee claws it would have been far better suited to the situation the characters actually faced in canon with their missile and ammunition-dependent weapons. (The fact hat Yellow never used his arm blades can only be blamed on the writers, not the mechanical design itself.) As a superheroic Tinker-mech, I've suggested the blasters be modified to deliver a cold-plasma cuncussion blast or ion pulses for a wireless taser, though it remains to be seen what will actually be done with it. Neither of which have much more basis in physics than STL pew-pew "lazors" in the first place, of course...
--

And another little tweak, to fix a stray line that should have been erased and the missing heels that should not have.

[Image: bWrwL4f.png]
[Image: 9tclstY.png]

Also, just how much (or little) I actually did, except on the arms and helmet:

[Image: IQrXUVe.png]
--

A small update, to give it less awkward feet and a tail light/turn signals. Still no place for a number plate, but meh, it's a superhero motorcycle, it's not like they're going to drop by the DMV to register it anyway.

[Image: n4mAIiD.png]

[Image: bRnlItQ.png]
--