Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fic Recomendations: Hey Look there's a lot of Typewriters!

Remember when I suggested a MASH/HP crossover a while back? This wasn't quite what I had in mind, but it covers a similar premise:

http://www.fanfiction.net...eet_Col_Sherman_T_Potter

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

oneshot.buffy/sg-1. tealc & o'neill meet xander & andrew at a star wars convention. this will not end well. (comedy)

http://www.tthfanfic.org/...et+Duel+of+the+Fates.htm

Will also throw this in for my self esteem:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7999316/1/
"Seven years ago, six children were brought to the digital world and left forever scarred. Now, in the wake of new triumph and pain, they are called to fight yet again. Will they succeed once more? Or has their darkness grown too great…"
Or, in more understandable text: Seven years ago, Kanzaki Hitomi, Shidou Hiakri, Tsunetsuki Matoi, Hasegawa Chisame, Emiya Shiro and Kaname Madoka went to the Digital world to save it. They came back horribly traumatized and scrrewed up with PTSD. Hence, Vision of Escaflowne happens with Hitomi having Movie!Hitomi's personality and suicidal ennui, UBW!Archer is... weird, Madoka has issues about saving hte world, etc.
After going through their respective series finales, they've more or less managed to recover... only to be needed again, calling up all sorts of trauma...
Basically, the Chosen Children concept through the lens of "What happens to the psyche of Child Soldiers sent up against Eldritch Abonimations"...
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

Any particular reason Saber defaults to the Obvious Sword of Obviousness before engaging?  Should that be invisible air?

What's the point? It's not like it's still the Grail War and they need to hide her identity...

Oh, minor spoiler: Shinji is dead. Zouken killed him and fed him to Sakura.
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.

"Like they don't have to hide her identity" *dead pan* *face palm*
Let me just say this... its Excalibur.  Its a literal shining golden beacon of the manifest hope of all mankind... one that I think actually annouces exactly what it is and maybe its legend is to anyone who glances at it.  Even if they don't know what its is a ahead of time the sword apprently explains it to you.  The corrupted digimon are going to see that thing and swarms... which means their going to force her to use its anti-fotress attack in the middle of skyscraper land.  That thing will result in Kaiju spam in a city.  No boss mob with even an extrememly bad skill in judgement is going to let them start off the game with freaking Excalibur unlocked.
Their is the defensive bonuses or invisible air... can barely see it and can't tell its size.
Oh yeah... and there is that little thing about sealing designations... nuking the veil... the anouncing to the world that there is a major nobel spirit, bumming around with a ultimate legendary weapon, around after the grail war... erminization on princliple for everyone... probably after having their magical circuits removed on principle for the complete abandonment... That this is UBW canon so it kind of has the precident about Saber being vulnerable to stupid high level control spells.
In short... your handing out an idiot ball the size of a 28 minute old Katamari here by doing that in character two.

I think they'll probably pay more attention to all the digimon swarming, but I see your point. Well, nothing that's not going to die has seen anything anyway…
Check out said crack:

I like this.

Question: I'm trying to math out exactly how old they are. Essentially, I had the impression that Chisame would not be older than fifteen, at the given time, and that Shirou would be at least sixteen, so I'm kind of wondering about the timing. Of course, I don't have much solid information on ages for these chars.

In response to the Excalibur thing, it doesn't tell everyone who sees it what it is. It's the Grail that informs all the Servants and Masters that saw it of the thing's stats once it has been IDed. Also, Saber stopped using Invisible Air once Excalibur was revealed, unless she has a prana supply problem. If I recall correctly, it wasn't even truly one of her Noble Phantasms, but one provided by the Grail to hide the identity of Excalibur, as it is so unique that it would be identified immediately if anyone saw it. Plus, I get the impression that Saber simply doesn't like using it, as she seems to prefer confronting her enemies head on, without even the slightest hint of deception or trickery.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

As to ages, they're all at the end of thier respective series, so Chisame is about late 14, almost 15, Hitomi is 15, possibly 16 already. Same for Shiro. Hikaru is 14. Matoi is the same age as Chisame, and Madoka is definitely the youngest having just turned 14 recently.
Check out said crack:

Will the other digidestined remember Madoka? Also, you might want to split this discussion off to another thread, to avoid cluttering the rec thread.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Done. See new thread in index.
Check out said crack:

Quote:"See, now you're thinking," he said proudly. "Half a day without a wand and you're starting to get some common sense back. Even I hadn't considered that."
Harry Potter and the Forests of Valbonë

In the wake of the Chamber of Secrets, young Harry feels worn down and crushed under the events of his first two years in the magical world. A chance encounter with Snape and his typical pettiness sets him to flight, and after nearly running down Luna a bit of her advice sends him further than he'd ever have dreamed to go, with only Hedwig, the Weasley's Ford Anglia, and the inadvertently pilfered Sorting Hat for company.

I've just started reading it, but just the first three chapters are enoguh to garner a rec.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

My Little PI: Friendship and Magic

Category 1: My Little Pony

Category 2: Dresden Files

Character(s): Princess Celestia & H. Dresden

Summary: Once upon a time, Harry Dresden went to his godmother to ask her to teach him magic. Now, decades later, a series of strange deaths occur that puts the Power of Love under threat, and his godmother needs his help. Post Season 2, pre-Turn Coat.

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8051613/1/
Check out said crack:

Oh dear…

Category: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Title: Mahou Shounen Ko Gil

Genre: Adventure/Friendship

Rating: Rated: T

Summary: More than a year has passed since the 5th Holy Grail War is over and

Gilgamesh ended up drinking the elixir of youth, turning himself into a kid

once again. Now watch as the boy who loves to spam swords and the girl who

loves to spam beams become friends

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8023880/1/

Recommended more for the hilarity of the concept...
Check out said crack:

A new fic from Koolerkid (Author of My Little Avengers)
(cross-posted from the Ponies thread)
My Choices: Twisted Tales through Time
http://www.equestriadaily...isted-tales-through.html
A prologue and 3 chapters so far

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8042738/1/

A Friendly Reminder

Legend of Korra oneshot, on the relationship between Toph and Lin. Quite funny. Quite.
-----

Two chapters of this have just come out in two days -- a megacrossover of Buffy, Bones, NCIS and The Pretender (so far, at least), and even though we haven't even begun to get to the meat of the story it's showing great promise: Cross-Agency Cooperation.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7287278/1/ Harry_Potter_and_the_Forests_of_Valbone

after the chamber of secrets, harry runs off in a huff and ends up in an unexpected place. with only the sorting hat, the sword of gryffindor and a broken down semi-intelligent car for company, can harry survive and get home?
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

"Cross-Agency Cooperation" is actually the latest new story in the larger multi-story sequence "Shadow and Light"; some of the other stories are incomplete, but it's all well worth reading. "Haven and Home" appears to be the central piece around which the rest of it revolves, to the extent that there is such a thing.

http://www.tthfanfic.org/Series-608

From Methos comes Upgrade, a not-complete but stated to likely be a one-shot Yet-Another-Halloweed-Episode crossover. Buffy/Iron Man. This one sets Sunnydale in the Marvel universe, and Iron Man is not a Sunnydale resident who wore a costume for Halloween.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Just read that this morning. Comes across as essentially a long vignette, with no real plot -- it's effectively a very pretty "cool idea, huh?" piece that goes nowhere.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

it does now... it's up to chapter 2
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

And it's no longer marked as complete. How nice. Smile

Shephard1707 (author of My Little Lanterns) has started a new story: "Give 'em the Old Razzle Dazzle"
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/24394/G ... zle-Dazzle
Starring TGAP Trixie