Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 19: Making no sense, right from the gecko
Crossovers That Should Not Be 19: Making no sense, right from the gecko
Or should that be "Making no sense, right from the get-go"? Stupid mondegreens... Anyway. Previous thread is previous.

AD Police Squad, anyone?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

"I'm here to kick ass, and watch Bubblegum Crisis. And there ain't been a new episode of Bubblegum Crisis made in twenty years."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Or should that be "Making no sense, right from the get-go"? Stupid mondegreens... Anyway. Previous thread is previous.

AD Police Squad, anyone?
"Dominion Tank Police Squad," as well. Though the Lieutenant Frank Drebin might fit in with the Tank Police. Some of them are his color of crazy.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Well, if we're headin' in that direction... howsabout The Naked Gunbuster? ('Cause The Naked Gunnm would just get us places we don't want to go in a public forum.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Well, Tackleberry at least would be absolutely delighted to be in Dominion Tank Police Academy.....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Lyrical Nanoha/Titanic.

In which the Heart of the Ocean (the diamond that serves as the film's MacGuffin) turns out to be a Lost Logia.

I'll let you guys figure out what happens next, if you so dare...

Tennie Wrote:Lyrical Nanoha/Titanic.

In which the Heart of the Ocean (the diamond that serves as the film's MacGuffin) turns out to be a Lost Logia.

Well, obviously a passenger with hidden depths meets her Fate...
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Tennie wrote:

Lyrical Nanoha/Titanic.
This would be the first story where I'd feel bad for the Iceberg.

-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

Shinji Ikari watched as the EVA startup sequence cycled through all the screens in the control pod. Suddenly, they all went black. Every light in the plug went out.
Then, one phrase, in brilliant white cycled across the blackness. A moment after it finished, all the screens came back up, reporting 100% sync and all systems running at full.
Shinji keyed his mic open. "NERV Control... just what is 'Cast in the Name of God, Ye Not Guilty.' supposed to mean?"

Quote:Duane Peters wrote:
Shinji Ikari watched as the EVA startup sequence cycled through all the screens in the control pod. Suddenly, they all went black. Every light in the plug went out.
Then, one phrase, in brilliant white cycled across the blackness. A moment after it finished, all the screens came back up, reporting 100% sync and all systems running at full.
Shinji keyed his mic open. "NERV Control... just what is 'Cast in the Name of God, Ye Not Guilty.' supposed to mean?"
...it means that Gendo's in for a murdering if he ever tries to fire up an Eva, that's what.
It's always a Nemesis Cauldron Simurgh plot.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Dominion Tank Police, Car 54.
Tank 54, where are you?

Quote:Manytales00 wrote:
Tank 54, where are you?

I don't know, that sounds absolutely hysterical.

Tank 54, where are you?
"My Mother, the Tank"?  
Ebony the Black Dragon

Quote:Ebony wrote:
Tank 54, where are you?
"My Mother, the Tank"?  
"Tank!" ("Airplane"/"Dominion Tank Police")
It even already has a theme song.  
Ebony the Black Dragon

Tank 54, where are you?
"My Mother, the Tank"?  
"Tank!" ("Airplane"/"Dominion Tank Police")
It even already has a theme song.  
Shouldn't that be a Tank (film)/ Dominion Tank Police crossover? 

All I can say to this is a (mis)quote: Tanks for the Memories.
--
Rob Kelk

And then the Dolphins went off to conquer a new world, in Douglas Adams' latest masterpiece, So Long, And Tanks For All The Fish.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Facepalms

We've just swapped the USAF Thunderbirds with the Thunderbirds of International Rescue.

...yeah, one universe got the really short end of the stick on that deal.

Long ago, many ages ago, a great and mighty being brought Order to Chaos and drew forth what is now called the world of Thedas. This being has been known by many names, but the Chantry calls him 'Maker.'

The Maker has unfortunately been missing since time immemorial, although it's still recounted that he once lived in a great, glorious and shining city in the Fade, now black and ruined. It is to this that many are called, lured by the promise of power and glory for the one that could claim his city, his works and his throne. How could they possibly resist such a lure?

Yet resist they must. Before he left, the Maker created mighty magics that now guard the Thrones of Ascension. Yes, Thrones, plural. For the Maker was no fool; through sheer luck, cunning or guile someone who would be an unworthy steward of the world he created could pass a single trial, but the dozen he has set in place will test the wills and righteousness of all that might make the attempt.

The ages have turned and followed upon eachother. Dozens have made the attempt knowingly, found inadequate, and perished. Thousends have made the attempts unknowingly and passed one or two trials before faltering, the survivors scarred by the experience. And 7 audacious fools attempted to storm the Black City without completing the Trials and were laid low.

Now there is a new challenger. Declared Herald of the one who got closest by completing half the trials before falling to treason the Inquisitor may yet complete her quest, but even if they can now enter the Fade physically (Trial #8) and has proven beyond her doubt her ability to unify a shattered people, give hope to the despairing, to command a military campaign and rule with justice and compassion rather than ruthlessness and oppression (Trials #2, 9, 4 and 1) they have yet 7 more to complete before they may count themselves worthy of the Seat of the Pantokrator.

Or, if that's too long, a Dominions/Dragon Age Inquisition crossover. Because you don't need to do all that much fiddling with the backstory of either to fit everything that's happened in Thedas in with a (post) Late Age Dominions game.

Quote:Hazard wrote:
Or, if that's too long, a Dominions/Dragon Age Inquisition crossover. Because you don't need to do all that much fiddling with the backstory of either to fit everything that's happened in Thedas in with a (post) Late Age Dominions game.
You get ten points for being familiar enough with Dominions to even come up with that.  Sure makes you glad Ermor wasn't allowed to last that long, though...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

... Where do you think the Blight came from?

Changing crossovers...

Guy Gardner of Gisbourne
--
Rob Kelk

... the Sherlock of Nottingham...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...