Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kenko resurfaces?
Kenko resurfaces?
I was just browsing through my bookmarks and I visited the http://www.fanfiction.net/u/90351/Kenko]fanfiction.net page where a lot of Rob "Kenko" Haynie's stories are located.  On at least one occasion in the Dead Fic thread at the top of this board, it's been claimed that this is actually a page that was set up by a fan of his work as an archive.  And the fact that it hadn't been touched since 2010 sort of supported that.
Except this morning, there is a new entry -- one of Kenko's oldest stories, "The Lunch Counter", was added to the page a week ago.  And the description text reads
Quote:This was, actually the first fic I ever wrote- and I found it on the
net, searching on a whim. Maybe you'll enjoy this. (I used a different
pen name back then.)
So... Kenko is still around, still on the net, and at least still tangentially interested in his writing...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Would be nice if he would get going again with Paragon. I've strong doubts that'll happen because the story's been basically dead for the past 15 odd years, but still.

I am going to call that fairly strong evidence hes healthy and has at least not been run over by a bus, so there is still hope of more kenko-fic in the future.That makes today a good day.

Quote:Hazard wrote:
Would be nice if he would get going again with Paragon. I've strong doubts that'll happen because the story's been basically dead for the past 15 odd years, but still.
While that would be fantastic, I'd just barely rather see Girl Days continued.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

As the dude what used to run the 'official' Girl Days repository...
Well, I have my suspicions that the FF.net presence is not and never has been the real Kenko, but I can't prove them.  I also have never got a response from the FF.net user, but a lack of evidence is not evidence of shenanigans.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs