Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 21: The Revenge of the Snappy Subtitle

I was viewing some old TV series openings on YouTube, and one of them brought the "Masquerade" trope to mind.  Then I thought of Masquerades coming into conflict, and...
Harry Potter and the Lost Weekend:  Harry and Ron are at first puzzled and irritated, then concerned, when Hermione can recall nothing of a summer trip with her parents — especially since she dismisses her forgetfulness with a breezy lack of concern that's totally out of character.  The boys insist on investigating, worrying that she's been Obliviated, although Professor Dumbledore detects no trace of the spell having been cast on her.  In the end, however, they find nothing memorable ... and put the thought out of their minds as casually as Hermione did.  

Guest-starring two oddly peremptory film executives, Mr. Straker and Mr. Foster, an American in a dark suit who always wears sunglasses, and — well, no; no one sees any kind of UFO or alien that weekend....  
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

The Fantastic Four and Where to Find Them
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Harry Callahan's Crosstime Saloon

"Did I serve six shots, or only five?"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Harry Callahan's Crosstime Saloon

"Did I serve six shots, or only five?"
Why are you asking me? (hic) I only drank four...

We've secretly replaced Arsene Lupin with Remus Lupin, and vice versa. Let's see who appreciates it more, Sherlock Holmes or Harry Potter.
--
Rob Kelk

Back in the Silver Age of comics, Superman had a theme of destiny or fate in his life -- that the most important people in it (mostly women) would all have the initials "LL" (Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris... it started as a coincidence, but then the writers noticed, picked up the ball, and ran with it).

So what might happen in a fic where Superman meets Luna Lovegood?
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Back in the Silver Age of comics, Superman had a theme of destiny or fate in his life -- that the most important people in it (mostly women) would all have the initials "LL" (Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris... it started as a coincidence, but then the writers noticed, picked up the ball, and ran with it).

So what might happen in a fic where Superman meets Luna Lovegood?
More strangely, what is his relationship with Lyle Lovett? Smile  
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

And what about good ol' Leisure-suit Larry?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Maria-sama ga Miteru and Keijo!!!

One's restrained and elegant and the other . . . isn't.

Not sure why, but I just got the image of R. Dorothy playing the Billy Joel classic, "Uptime Girl".  It'd probably make more sense if someone was playing it for her (Miki?), or providing vocals.
-- ∇×V

Going a little old school, characters from Guilty Crown and GaoGaiGar star on Saturday Night Live: "We are two wild and craaaaaazy Guys!"
Ebony the Black Dragon

Quote:Ebony wrote:

Going a little old school, characters from Guilty Crown and GaoGaiGar star on Saturday Night Live: "We are two wild and craaaaaazy Guys!"
And then Maito Gai showed up...

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Te Fiti -- it's a magical place.
-- Bob
---------

Sid Meier's Alpha Complex
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Sid Meier's Alpha Complex
I would play the SHIT out of that game. Who do I have to throw money at to get this to happen?
Ebony the Black Dragon

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: May God forgive me. May history judge me charitably.

A place where everyone is born feminine, but only establishes as female, or changes over to male, at adulthood. You'd think there could only be one of those in all of media, right?

Wrong! There are two: Simoun's Daikûriku (which I always want to romanize as "Dykurik"), and my beloved hermaphrodite village.

Would an androgynous futa whose body hadn't yet been examined by the examining body (warning: clip, deeply NSFW) be able to pilot a Simoun? Would the Sacred Spring have the same effect on them as their first adult encounter? (We know that sex doesn't have that effect on the sibyllae, or Alty and Kaim would've been grounded.) What specific combination of life choices led me to a place where these are questions I feel like asking?

Sailor Moon, by way of Monty Python:

"Listen -- strange animals leaping in windows distributing brooches is no basis for a system of empowerment. Supreme magical power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical feline ceremony..." (at which point the speaker experiences the violence inherent in the Moon Tiara) "Help! Help! I'm being refreshed!"
--
Rob Kelk

I see what you did there.
-- Bob
---------

Have you ever wondered if other celestial bodies than our own planets have their own Sailor Scouts? And how they might be invoked/summoned?

"...Usagi swallowed hard. There was only one way to end this creeping horror, a power she had hoped never to use. 'By the authority of the Moon Kingdom, I summon you forth! Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse, BETELGEUSE!!!"

"Luna Lovegood... you have silver eyes."
-- Bob
---------

"Just remember what ol' Harry Potter does when the earth quakes, and the Unforgivable Curses fall from the sky, and the walls of Hogwarts shake. Yeah, Harry Potter just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, 'Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.'" - The last lines of Rowling's unpublished novel, Big Trouble in Diagon Alley
Ebony the Black Dragon

A generation ago, Europa was in the grip of terror.

A mysterious yet powerful Spark, the Other, waged war upon all the Sparks, slaying many and enslaving many more.

It seemed nothing could stop them, until - or so it is said - the Other struck at Castle Heterodyne... and was never seen again. Bill Heterodyne and his bride Lucrezia lay dead, only their daughter found in the wreckage and carried away by their friends. Bill's brother Barry was captured, raving that "it was all his fault" and was convicted of collusion with the Other to open the Castle's security.

All of which was of only theoretical concern to Agatha Clay, being reared by her uncle and aunt, until Doctor Beetle sent her an invitation to attend his school. And he addressed it to Agatha Heterodyne.

After ten years in hiding the Girl Who Lived will be reintroduced to Europa... for better or for worse!

Girl Genius/Harry Potter
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

We've secretly replaced Bob Morley with Bob Marley. Let's see whether anyone on The 100 notices.
--
Rob Kelk

We've secretly replaced Jacob Marley with Bob Marley, let's see if Scrooge notices.

Ooh yeah, we're hauntin', hey
To think that hauntin' like a ghost of the past
We're haunting', we're hauntin'
And I hope this haunt is gonna last
No spirit can stop us now, until I'm cursed and they won't go
Joy cannot be bought nor sold
We all defend the right, Cratchit's children must unite
'Cause goose is worth much more than gold
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.