Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun MMORPG for Naruto Fans

Ninja Dog isn't consumed when you use the techniques that require it, right?

Also, looks like we'll have enough medicinal water in the next resource collection. So... what after that?

Given that we don't have enough size for anything requiring different resources, there might not be much benefit in actually attacking anyone.

*prods more people to start playing the game, wants to become a jonin someday >.> *

-Morgan. And tasty ramen! '.'

Nope, Ninja Dog is a Permanent Item, like the Soul Glove and Giant Fan.

Speaking of which, the Giant Fan jutsus are nice. +4 to a skill for minimal chakra costs? Yowza!

Oh, and: I done it! TiehMei is a Reaper! Whee!

A few notes on Reaper missions:

* Separate from normal Ninja rankings

* Otherwise similar structure

* 15 stamina each

* Non-Reaper allies, AFAICT, give you no bonuses

* You cannot use normal jutsu, only Reaper techniques. I already picked up my first Kido, it's +2 to a skill for 130 chakra and cost 80,000 xp. Glad
I've been saving up.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Actually, the Giant Fan jutsu are +3 Levels each. Which aren't bad, but are the least overall useful, IMO. That's basically +3 dice. Plus Strength
or Plus Range or more useful, and Plus Successes are just fun.

For instance, Shorty's Kido jutsu are all +2 Success, +1 Range. And Non-Reaper allies aren't just not useful on Reaper missions, they can't even
come on them.

Ninja Edit: Also, the Soul Candy item negates the extra 5 stamina cost of Reaper missions. It also unlocks some higher ranking ones.
(DISCLAIMER: The Internet is a medium for the exchange of ideas. Thoughts and concepts are shared there. It is possible that people who use it may begin thinking about things they never did before. If this idea disgusts, frightens, or revolts you, please refrain from using the Internet in any way, shape, or form.)

*sigh* I'm having a hell of a time getting the various permanent items.  Still trying to get a Ninja Dog and a Giant Fan off the raffle, and the only reaper type item I have is the hairpin.

I must say though, the new sigs are neat.

[Image: Timote.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Apparently, there are special verions of the sigs for the optional bloodlines. I've seen one for The Trade, so far.
(DISCLAIMER: The Internet is a medium for the exchange of ideas. Thoughts and concepts are shared there. It is possible that people who use it may begin thinking about things they never did before. If this idea disgusts, frightens, or revolts you, please refrain from using the Internet in any way, shape, or form.)

It seems to depend some on what you're doing though. From what I read on Random Village's forums, it seems like for fighting monsters it can be better
to have more levels than to have a strength bonus. (That was based on already having some strength bonus though.)

I got a Ninja Dog yesterday and started doing d-rank missions again... haven't seen the right ones yet though.

-Morgan.

I forget what's best for Monsters offhand, not that it matters. I have the Bring Down the House Jutsu, which is +2 Tai Strength & +5 Successes vs.
Monsters. Range is useful at higher levels, especially once you start hitting missions that have a difficulty of more than 10.

For instance... that Soul Candy item? Yeah, one part of the special mission for it is a Tai mission with a Difficulty 11. Special Jonin (Taijutsu), Jonin, and
people with certain items can make that. (Maybe. I know Chakra Armor is +1 Range, at least.) Me, I HAD to use Kido: Iron Maiden to complete it, because I
couldn't roll higher than 10. And personally, I find strength more useful than levels, since I've never had a mission (yet) where I couldn't pass
it because of enough levels. (As opposed to not having good enough rolls in general, that is.)

Ahem, as people here have been (im)patiently waiting for, I have an announcement to make.

Tonight, ninjas, We go to WAR! Let loose the hounds of war! WAAAAARRGGHHH![Image: Bansho.jpg]

... Yeah, we really need more people. Looks like there's all sorts of nice things available at size 25...

Still no heck butterfly. >.>

*Is a lucky person who won K-Dog's Headband though '.' *

-Morgan.

Congrats on the headband. I'm still trying for the Heck Butterfly too.

Darnit. Promotion's going to have to wait for TiehMei. Started the Reaper special mission, and you need the Sword of the Reaper to do it. Haven't
gotten K-Dog's Headband yet, but I did pull a Codec... might make a Bingo try if someone can point out a target...

Current team: Strawberry & Shorty (Strawberry Shortcake?)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

If what I've read on Random Village's forums is right, you get the sword *from* a special mission (and only a special mission) now, so you'll have
to quit the mission anyway. (You also need to do another special mission to name the sword.)

I still haven't gotten the heck butterfly mission, but I did win the necklace today. My luck is starting to become a bit suspicious. >.>

Strawberry Shortcake. @.@

-Morgan.

Joy.

So I just 'abandon mission' and it'll still be available for me to start again later?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Quote: Morganni wrote:

... Yeah, we really need more people. Looks like there's all sorts of nice things available at size 25...

Speaking of number of members. We have two duplicate IP members. The problem is, none of the benefits of having more members that I know of are counted
more than once, but we get all the disadvantages. (Only 1% more upkeep I think, but still...)
So, what I'd like to know is, are there any actual
advantages to having alts in the same village?

Extra characters to do attacks and patrols and such?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Quote: ECSNorway wrote:

Extra characters to do attacks and patrols and such?

I'm fairly sure that only one character per IP can patrol or collect resources. As for attacks and bingoing, there's probably a measure against
that. Actually, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure the FAQ mentions that having ALTs helping each other in the same village is forbidden.

*Checks*

There, found the relevant bit.
  • Quote: How many characters can I have?

• Three is pretty much the limit per IP - although, the same IP can't go on
      Resource / Patrol more than once a day, so putting all those characters in the same village won't help that much. Also, the game has pretty
      significant 'mule' detection, so if you just have a character to work all day and dump the Ryo in a Village for some other character, we'll
      find it, and delete every character from that IP without warning. If you have multiple characters, keep them out of the same
      Village.

I seem to remember reading some other official word on the issue elsewhere, and it seems like you are *technically* allowed to have two characters in the same
village, but if you do anything that could be seen as one helping the other, you're treading on thin ice. (I don't believe the regular tax on missions
counts. But if you donated all your ryo, then you're in trouble.)

Or to put it another way, "It would probably be better if one of each of those pairs were to leave."

And as I understand it, if you abandon the mission, it'll stay around as long as you still meet it's availability requirements. Which probably
won't be an issue.

Edit: I don't know if anyone else is doing the arena, but I just discovered something interesting.

You get bonus stamina for every 3 wins, and apparently 10 wins gets you the bloodline special ability. In the various displays when you tie it shows as half a
win, and it seems to count as that for the bonuses too, since I just tied a match and got a message saying my opponent had gotten a 20 stamina bonus. Be a bit
too expensive just to get extra stamina I think, but might be of interest to people who want the special ability. The "Arena Favorite" item could be
quite helpful to people trying to get a high ranking for something. (Wonder if it carries over when looping?) I don't know if any of the other things are
really worth the effort.

-Morgan.

-Morgan.

I'm gonna have to remember to save some cash for the arena I guess.

Managed to win The Rack in the Raffle today, and made it to Special Jonin (Nin) as well.

I'm personally just doing one set of fights a day. Given how often I end up in ties, if I got the whiteeye arena special, I could probably win a lot more
often, but it'd take a lot more ryo than it seems worth to do that. At least, not unless they put some much more interesting items in the arena.
(Preferably, ones that loop. '.' )

What I'm wondering is how some people have "2,2,5" for their moves instead of the "3,3,3". Though since I tend to win more often
against those people, I don't really care that much.

(And I just won The Rack too. o.O Yet still no Heck Butterfly...)

-Morgan, watching the spies bounce off, it's kind of like a bug zapper...

Speaking of spies, I have a couple Bingo notes, so maybe I should spend some stamina tomorrow and hunt one of them down.

Since we have the creepy traps, they'd already be bingoed for a while. '.'

And you might be better off holding onto note pages if you want to unlock the Trade missions. (Which is apparently more important in season 2...)

(Well, I'm not sure from the copious spoilers I've been reading if the style points accumulate, or if it has to be on one day. If they accumulate, then
it doesn't make any difference. But I'd still save them for people who *succeed* in attacking us. '.' )

-Morgan.

I thought the Creepy Traps just automaticly added them to the list to be hunted down.

I'm pretty sure from what I've read on forums that it really does mean they are immediately bingoed.

On a different note, here's something that's no longer on the front page that I hadn't seen before...

"Villages now only take Ryo when they invade, UNLESS their Kage 'prepares to invade' first. Kages, see your Leader-only area in the Village menu
for details."

Since we don't have enough people for the things that take other resources anyway, might not matter for now.

Also, more information on the Science! Workshop. No one's said where I can see what it actually *does*, but apparently it's good for something.
However, getting the chance of it working properly when it's activated to max apparently takes 625k ryo total, and 25k every day it's used. So, if
Glalev keeps winning the 25k village ryo prize, and we run out of better things to do... *shrug*

Given that I don't know what it actually *does*, I'd be happier if we could get more people and get some upgrades whose uses I understand.

-Morgan.

Style points accumulate, no worries there. However, you only get like 5 for Bingoing someone normally, unless you do one of two things. A Notepage grants you
a bunch of style points for a clean kill. And Epic Dog Urination grants a bunch of style points, but only if it's the finishing move.

I believe using the note also unlocks the Right character/ally