Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negima Update Again
Negima Update Again
172 is out.
More training... more flashback... more spoilers in white...
...and Asuna is the one who taught Takamichi how to use kanka.
Asuna. Taught Takamichi.
*head 'splode*
--Sam
"I'm about to write you a reality check. Or would you prefer the cold, hard cash of truth?"
Re: Negima Update Again
The line that made me WINCE at what is going to be coming (in white): 'The important thing is to first become nothing.'- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
173 and 174 are up. Bringing the training mini-arc to an end, plus a one-shot focus on Yuuna Akashi... that happens to bring a character who's barely been mentioned since Volume 6 back to our attention...
--Sam
"Well that guy's nekkid."
And that makes one of the few good things about being home sick today...

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
And 175, a series of vignettes.
Kotarou's becoming quite the player... and what the heck are Zazie's friends? Does she work at the hotel from Spirited Away?
Thoughts on recent chapters... My theory that Asuna gained her immunity after she lost her memory has been blown out of the water. But given the way her power works, that implies she agreed to having her memory wiped... maybe it was even her idea... which should interact interestingly with her current desires.
And after another rereading, I continue to hold the theory that Negi is a de-aged and amnesiac Nagi. He adapts to his sixteen-year-old form so thoroughly, he's so much more mature and suave... that's not the hormones talking, you know?
--Sam
"Why am I here? Why does my mind have wings? Why do blue midgets hit me with fish?!"
Aquastar Anime is running behind, but someone calling him/themselves "F--- Off Scanslations" has
gone all the way to 182. (Make your life easier, search for Negima once you follow the link.)
And let me just say yikes. Because a left-field plot complication has just sailed in: Negi's little friend Anya.
Negi's EXTREMELY POSSESSIVE little friend Anya. ^.^
Unless my wild theory is correct, not only is she his age, but SHE'S THE FIRST GIRL.
Hijinks ensue. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of their lives, hijinks will ensue.
--Sam
"I weave a lethal net of baked goods that few can escape."
Quote:
And let me just say yikes. Because a left-field plot complication has just sailed in: Negi's little friend Anya.
Interesting. I've been introducing my nephews to Negima this week, and they asked about Anya. I knew she had to be a Chekhov's Gun, but couldn't tell them anything yet.
Quote:
Negi's EXTREMELY POSSESSIVE little friend Anya. ^.^
She wouldn't happen to be a Clingy Jealous Girl, would she?

-- Bob
---------
Oh, my, yes. Yes she is. Smile
--Sam
"He beat up ten ninja with a loaf of French bread!"
The Chosen one?
Okay,Anya was one of the two females shown in Volume one. Under the "First Girl Shown First" trope, she might very well be Negi's other.
OTOH, I keep thinking of Shuffle! The first girl shown did not win in that one. Could Akamatsu-sensei be thinking of that?
The big question in Negima is Asuna's/Negi's relationship. They do have a relationship, but of what type? It might be brother sister, but there's been hints that it might very well develop into more than that.
Also, Anya has not been shown to have improved so far ( being a fortune teller in London is probably pretty staid), while Negi has been growing in power and maturity. What will Anya do when confronted with that?
So many questions....
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Quote:
Aquastar Anime is running behind, but someone calling him/themselves "F--- Off Scanslations" has gone all the way to 182.
183 now.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Unless my wild theory is correct, not only is she his age, but SHE'S THE FIRST GIRL.
Chronologically, maybe -- but in terms of who we see in the series? That would be Asuna. And it's visibility to the viewer which counts for that trope.
Not that I expect the trope to actually be applied -- Ngima is in part about looking like one kind of manga (harem comedy) while actually being a completely different kind (fighting).

-- Bob
---------
Having read from chapters 177 to 184
A couple of observations:
Asuna's and Negi's relationship:
Amazing...Asuna is more than willing to kill to protect Negi in battle. She's turning into Saber from F/SN as it goes on. Yue's observation on the beach that these two were flirting made me do a spit0take. Flirting? The boya's just 10..no way...
Other relationships:
If Asuna X Negi doesn't happen...threesomes or harem endings might be the result...Nodoka and Yuichi won't mind that...neither would Konoka and Setsuna if that happened.
Anya...
A definite tsundere...with a breast inferiority complex...*guffaw*
Her mockery of Asuna and Setsuna was amusing..her reaction to Eva-chan?...comedy gold!
And it gets even worse when she finds out just how far Negi has gone.
On the beach scene...are you sure these girls are 15?
The reunion scene between Nekane and Negi...how touching...and how many girls tagged along?
Well, the interlude is over.....the magic country arc is about to begin!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Having read from chapters 177 to 184
Quote:
definite tsundere...with a breast inferiority complex...
And she's Russian, which I wasn't expecting. Imagine an insecure 11-year-old Ivanova...
Quote:
her reaction to Eva-chan?...comedy gold!
Oh, yeah!
Quote:
The reunion scene between Nekane and Negi...how touching...and how many girls tagged along?
To quote Terminator 2: "All of them, I think."

-- Bob
---------
Can someone confirm or deny...?
The TV Tropes site has a comment about Negima that claims (spoiler) that Asuna is known to be a princess. (end spoiler) Can someone confirm or deny this for me? Because I don't remember seeing that anywhere in the scanslations, and I'm pretty sure I'd remember it.
Thanks.

-- Bob
---------
*Slaps face*
Remember that part where Donet McDougal was saying that it's possible for a normal human to access the portal point, but the odds of it happening is the same as winning the lottery?
Isn't Sakurako in the bunch that's attempting to tag along?
The one that's won every lottery !(Negi kiss contest, meal tickets for 2-A getting first place in the end of term exmas!) That Sakurako!
*slaps face*
oy vey..
It didn't occur to me until now why the rest of the group asked her to point the way!
Care to give odds for that group showing up at the henge?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: Can someone confirm or deny...?
Quote:
Can someone confirm or deny this for me? Because I don't remember seeing that anywhere in the scanslations, and I'm pretty sure I'd remember it.
Hour 169, page 2/3. The magic-dampening field is attributed to the actions of the "Royal Princess of the Dusk."
That and the subsequent dialogue make it pretty obvious to me at least.
--Sam
"Gravity is a harsh mistress."
Ah! I'll have to go back and look at that. Thanks!
ETAsk: And is her real name actually Asuna Vesperina Theotanasia Entheofushia?

-- Bob
---------
According to her it is. ^.^ Same issue.
--Sam
"Well that guy's nekkid."
Meanwhile, F***-Off has decided to quit the scanslation biz, leaving us to the tender (and late) mercies of Aquastar. Smile And what a point for a cliffhanger... he's baa-aack...
--Sam
"Each of us has his own destiny, his own karma. I have Cary Grant karma, because I always prevail! Barry has Mussolini karma, because he was doing great for a while and then he had a really bad day."
Sounds like he released something since I last downloaded, a couple of weeks ago, then... Something to look for tonight, I guess...

-- Bob
---------
And some anonymous translator has picked up the series -- hour 186 is out and let me say (as usual) YIKES.
Lottery winner strikes again! As does a certain old friend... o.O
--Sam
"I weave a lethal net of baked goods that few can escape."
Quote:
According to her it is. ^.^ Same issue.
Found it, read it, and I must have missed it somewhere along the line because I know I would have remembered that chapter. Thanks for the help.

-- Bob
---------
*sigh*
Now that I've got high-speed running again, I thought I'd catch up on what I missed... but it seems nobody's seeding chapter 177 any more. Anyone got a copy? (I've got plenty of room in my gmail.com inbox.)
Edit: Never mind - just after I made this post, somebody seeded the file again. Hmmmmm... what else should I ask for?

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: *sigh*
I've somehow misplaced 176... ;.;
--Sam
"This is graveness."
Re: *sigh*
Do you have an e-mail inbox big enough for a 6.6MB RAR file?
(Hey, I asked for something similar; I should be willing to offer when I'm in a position to do so...)

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012