Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuku?
Yuku?
What is with this notice that the board will go 'yuku' in the coming week? It's been up for 2 weeks now.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Re: Yuku?
New ezBoard forum software-interface-widgets-whathaveyou.
The thing is the upgrade of existing ezBoards is supposedly, like, not all at once because they're porting member accounts and threads and whatnot over...
Perhaps they're behind schedule.
EDIT: Doesn't the message currently warn that the board will be upgraded this week?
-- Acyl
It's been warning that since last week. I've paid precious little attention to Yuku in all the time they've been talking about it; perhaps I should have looked into it.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Bob,
Just in case, is there any way you can grab a copy of the existing board messages? Hopefully, there'd not be any loss of content with the move. However, if I remember correctly, the board lost a large part of the messages with some upgrade in the past.
Sadly, there's no backup functionality; I'd have to grab individual text-only copies of each thread segment by hand.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....

Well, it appears it has happened. I'm irritated, but I guess we'll have to live.

For some of us, sadly, there's an unexpected stinger in the tail -- both Rob Kelk and I use Mozilla, which apparently doesn't handle the CSS for Yuku
message inputs right. ezBoard/Yuku doesn't seem inclined to do anything on their end to allow for Mozilla because they consider it out of date.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Is there any particular reason you use mozilla over firefox?

Quote: VladimirTherin wrote:

Is there any particular reason you use mozilla over firefox?

For me, inertia plus the desire to have the integrated suite.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Anyone know how to modify the way it presents threads? I don't mind it *too* much, but a little more contrast between the BG colour in alternating posts
would be helpful.

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

For some of us, sadly, there's an unexpected stinger in the tail -- both Rob Kelk and I use Mozilla, which apparently doesn't handle the CSS for Yuku
message inputs right. ezBoard/Yuku doesn't seem inclined to do anything on their end to allow for Mozilla because they consider it out of date.

Have you considered Seamonkey? It is, as I understand it, the continuation of the Mozilla suite.
On this migration thing: Yuku thought I was a 13 year
old girl. I don't recall telling ezboard that I was a 13 year old girl. Indeed, I believe ezboard had in its possession information (which I had
supplied) that refuted this.

In conclusion: THE CAKE IS A LIE.

Also, some trivia: apparently, any PNGs you upload get converted into gifs. NOT COOL.

Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the playthe new features are nice, if mostly unnecessary. Two great tastes that go great together!

I believe it thinks everyone's a 13-year-old girl. Because sex defaults to "Female" - go look at the
radio buttons when you change it - and birthdate defaults to somewhere in 1995, similarly.

That strikes me as a very odd design choice to make, but there you go. Granted, neither your age nor sex is visible in your publically accessable Yuku profile
until you configure it to make that info public...nonetheless, the fact it defaults that way puzzles me slightly.

I suppose this wouldn't be a problem if we were creating Yuku accounts from scratch, rather than having them migrated over from ezBoard. Presumably
birthdate and sex are part of the account-creation process. Still...

-- Acyl

The "last post" thing seems to be a bit off too. At the moment in the Legendary forum, it's showing the task force post as the last one, and it
has the link to that... but the date and time it's showing seems to be from the characters post. >.>

-Morgan.

"Evidence without context can be placed into context later."
Stupid Yuku...
Okay, maybe this setting works... although I have to key in all the formatting codes by hand. Good thing I know them.

(And Yuku defaults to using the editor it wants to use for admin stuff instead of the editor I told it to use, so I can't edit my signature. Stupid, brain-dead interface...)

Assuming it does work...

Quote:Is there any particular reason you use mozilla over firefox?
It's a full suite, and it's been around long enough for the bugs in it to be identified. That's an important consideration.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012