Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaming Help
Gaming Help
Ok, I'm trying to find a Turn-based game that makes a good multiplayer game for PC. I'm tired of Master of Orion 2, Birth of the Federation, and Civilizition II. I'd like to find a game that starts up kinda fast, any suggestions?
EdwardIF SRW means Sexy Romance Weapon, does DW mean Dynamic Woman?
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Re: Gaming Help
www.mekwars.org/
I quite like it. There is also plain old megamek but then it's a pain to find players. Of course if you already know people with whom you want to play megamek is ideal.
There is also civ 4, which has plenty of mods and at quick game speed is much faster than civ 2.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
There's Galciv 2?
You could also see if Carcasonne or Catan have hit PC.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
GalCiv II is quite nice - except for the difficulty level on the single-player scripted campaign, and the utter lack of multiplayer support.
I've spent a lot of time in that game, communing with the ship builder.. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
I always liked the Space Empires series. I haven't played the latest, V, but IV was very nice and quite adictive. Both IV and V are very customizable and there are a fair number of player created mods.
The AI in IV isn't that good, and if you let it run your fleet battles, it will lose fights you could win. Multiplayer in IV is either hotseat, or PBeM and it doesn't look like V has changed that.
It's still the standard I judge other 4X games by though.
--
It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean it
is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's. It
isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.
-- Oxford University Press, Edpress News