Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Christmas...
This Christmas...
my family gave to me
one (1) stepladder (where the hell I'm gonna put that I have no idea, much less what use I have for one);
The Right Hand of Doom and Other Tales of SOlomon Kane
Airwolf (the DVDs, not the version tha require's a pilot's license)
Mobile Suit Gundam novelisations & BOLOS: Honor of the Regiment
Napolean (neither the Emperor nor the cannon, but a bigoraphy of the former) & an illustrated history of the Napoleanic Wars
Attack of the Clones and Return of the Jedi (which finishes my collection of the Star Wars movies)
and a hot water bottle (which is damn useful since I got back from my family to find the boiler not lighting and am therefore living in an icecube - engineer should be here tomorrow and could have been here if I didn't have to go to work... for the same company sending the engineer)
Ranting aside, I had a great christmas with lots of food, seeing relatives I haven't seen in a while and an assortment of board games.
How'd everyone else do?
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: This Christmas...
Personally, I got a Master Replicas Mace Windu lightsaber...
Not much else, but what else did I need? Smile
I got a large number of shiny round things...
DVDs:
Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 5
Golden Boy (the Media Blasters re-release)
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Sabrina (the original Bogey/Hepburn/Holden version)
CDs:
1812 Overture (Antal Dorati conducting the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra, the University of Minnesota Brass Band, and West Point's cannons)
World of Flamenco (a european release of some sort that I don't recognize, but it begins to fill a hole in my music collection)
Money (Well, coins are shiny and round...)
And I'm expecting a not-shiny not-round thing tomorrow: a do-it-yourself network storage appliance. (The enclosure and hard drives as separate items - nobody in town appears to have a ready-made one.)
-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
wii sports attachment pack (the fake plastic tennis racket, golf club, baseball bat that attach to the wiimote - I'm actually excited about the golf club, I think it'll help my hooking problem)
various clothing items, inc. pajama pants, which I haven't had since I was 15, and missed.
and a spray-in bedliner for my truck, which is Most Excellent.
I _gave_
3x 2.6ghz, 2gb ram, GeForce 8600GT computers.
trash service for a year
a brand new Norinco-made SKS
various fiddly bits.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979