Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Topic Hinting At Contents
Post Topic Hinting At Contents
Link to the video.
Declaration that I am not kidding.
ETA: Later edit describing humorous comments below video.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Re: Post Topic Hinting At Contents
there are entire LJ communities devoted to this manner of speech.
I cannot _produce_ it, but I can comprehend it.

-WG, Amused.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Declaration of amusement.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Casual mention that amusement is mutual.
Brief comment on the confusing nature of the manner of speech so indicated.
ETA: Emoticon depicting amusement at the manner of posting.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
There was a Doonesbury cartoon some time ago (at least a decade, probably two and change) in which the college president's speech to a graduating class followed that pattern. It began, "Platitudes... Pontifications... A rehash of what I've said to previous classes...."-----
Gentlemen, it has long been my conviction that all citizens should provide services for which their talents best suit them in support of those who have been called to duty. In the case of politicians such as yourselves, that would be target practice.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
"...Tired. So tired. A need for many martinis..."
ETA: Later edit pondering what, if any, effect this song might have upon Doug.
--Name of poster
"Tick quote"
Reminds me of a short play from the 'Neo-Futurists'. They have a act 'To Much Light Makes the Baby go Blind' when they put on 30 plays in 60 minutes. One of the plays they put on went like this: (A duet)
Man: Statement.
Statement.
Statement.
Question?
Woman: Agreement.
Man: Reassured statement
Confident statement
Overconfident statement.
Grossly Overconfident Statement
And so on. Quite amusing.[Image: smalldarksideoc5.png]
The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."
-Analects Book V, Chaper XXVI
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Reply post unsuccessfully attempting to avoid covered ground
Brief expression of amusement at, and appreciation of, the subject.
Statement expressing surprise and mild awe at the ability of topic starter in finding interesting and unusual music videos on YouTube.
Declaration, in reference to a previous post, that whatever effect the discussed song would have on the principal character of the stories which these message boards ostensibly revolve around, it would likely be hilarious and very inconvenient. Two great tastes that go great together!
Re: Reply post unsuccessfully attempting to avoid covered gr
Quote:
Quote of previous poster's expression of surprise and mild awe.
Honest admission of topic starter that his source is usually Fark.com's music and video pages.
Quote:
Quote of previous poster's assertion that the result of the discussed song on Douglas Sangnoir would likely be hilarious and very inconvenient.
Amused agreement lacking any committment to actually show such hilarity in a future installment of the Drunkard's Walk.

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Subject line
Short post to boost post count made up entirely of three letters indicating laughter.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll