Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll ask a question and you ask me one
I'll ask a question and you ask me one
Because, man, I know I ask a lot of tech questions. I feel guilty about that. So I'll ask a tech question and you guys ask me a question about . . . well, anything, really. Why is the sky purple? Who named all the colors of the rainbow? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Anyway: question: mIRC-related.
When the server notice: "This server is using an alternate send method, please make sure your DCC Server is active and set to port 6060. /dccserver +sc on 6060" shows up and you do indeed type in /dccserver +sc on 6060, and the screen responds with "DCC Server is on (6060,Send,Chat,Fserve)." Yet when you go to get the file you wanted it gives you the same server notice "this server is using blah blah blah" . . . What do you do? What's wrong? Why oh why oh why is it so difficult?
Re: I'll ask a question and you ask me one
Well, in a normal dcc, the receiver opens a connection to the sender. It doesn't work if the sender is behind a firewall that blocks incoming connections.
With the dccserver method, the sender opens a connection to the receiver. So if it's not working after you type that command, maybe *you're* behind a firewall that blocks incoming connections...
-Morgan, how do I get BlueSoleil to ask the pin to connect to this damn headset?"Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)