Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying a New System
Buying a New System
Anyone know if any of the major online retailers are having Black Friday sales?
I really need to get a new computer at a reasonable price, avoid going shopping on Black Friday and the weekend after like the plague, don't have a trustworthy mom&pop shop to build me one nearby (and I don't know how, and don't want to (now, anyway), build my own)

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Re: Buying a New System
this is relevant to my interests as wellWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Check here for listing of store, item, and price.
www.blackfridayads.com/
"Not this again!" Minerva said. "Albus, it was You-Know-Who, not you, who marked Harry as his equal. There is no possible way that the prophecy could be talking about you!" - Harry Potter and the Method of Rationality, Chapter 84
Quote:
Check here for listing of store, item, and price.
Thanks for the url.
Those seem to be only going-to-store sales. I'm wondering if anyone's heard about any on-line sales.

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Dell usually has a sale-of-the-week going on. I think they change on Thurdays or Fridays. If you pick and choose, you can sometimes get quite a substantial upgrade free.
Best Buy, if you sign up for their newsletters, will send advance notice for big online sales.

--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
EdealInfo
Edealinfo.com usually has ongoing "sales," especially for Dell. They work by finding odd or unnoticed combinations of coupons and rebates that make for maximally reduced prices. Prices vary, of course, but camping out their website for a while can produce some downright shocking bargains sometimes. I recall seeing quite a few cellphone sales where (with a 2year contract, of course) the mail-in rebates added up to the point where you were essentially being *paid* $100-200$ to take the darn phone off their hands!