Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardcaptor Sakura $$$!
Cardcaptor Sakura $$$!
Holy Snackcakes! I decide way to late that I ought to add Cardcaptor Sakura to my collection and what do I find... RightStuf doesn't have any of the DVDs in stock but the movies, and while Amazon has some of the DVDs listed, the second disc is listed as "6 used & new from $69.99"
Ouch. And just for added pain, it was released by Geneon, and considering their situation who knows what the chanced are for new stock any time soon.
Knew I should have picked it up some time ago. :/
I suppose if I want to get Vandread I should act soon before it's in the same situation.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Re: Cardcaptor Sakura $$$!
Quote:
And just for added pain, it was released by Geneon, and considering their situation who knows what the chanced are for new stock any time soon.
The chance for new stock is zero - the licence expired months before Geneon's current troubles. (Nelvana's licence to CCS expired, so they couldn't sub-licence the show any more...)
Quote:
I suppose if I want to get Vandread I should act soon before it's in the same situation.
Probably a good idea...
-Rob Kelk
"Actually, my goal is to write neat stories. The money just makes it possible for me to write them faster and then buy neat toys."
Ryk E. Spoor, 7 November 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Ugh. That would explain the nearly seventy dollar price tag on the second disc. Hmm. Or check and see if that one almost-local store has it on their 'rental discs that we'll go ahead and sell if you ask' shelf.
At least the seasons 1 & 2 box set for Vandread is still in stock. Just have to see if the checking account will be cooperative.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
... Wow. Would someone actually buy it for that price? o.O
Makes me glad I got the whole set when Right Stuf had that sale.
Also makes me think maybe I should figure out where I put those extra copies of volumes 1 and 2...
-Morgan. As for people left needing CCS, there's always piracy..."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
I bought the series as it came out >< $600 counting the two movies. Ouch[Image: faveosig.jpg]