Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
I've never read/seen Detective Academy Q, actually...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
.... Okay, I had to google for that one.

Even so, my hat's off to Rob for pulling off a short like that. Now that it's been done, it's gonna be pretty hard to pull off the old, "We hit the Reactor Trip and saved the world" shtick. Wink
Hey guys, just as an aside, does anyone have any plans for Setsuna and Hotaru?

Because I just thought of one of those coup de grâce moment that you all love me for.  (Nothing really game changing, mind.  Just something that causes several paradigms to shift without a clutch back at Ben's apartment.)
No plans here, other than "please don't kill them off gratuitously in case I change my mind later".
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Eh, what can I say, I like mystery genre, so I look for mysteries.  I watch lots of them, currently Endeavour, Doctor Blake, The Brokenwood Mysteries, Death in Paradise, and Father Brown.  A good mystery story is a puzzle combined with slice-of-life, so I guess it's not too surprising I'd be into it.

If Rob doesn't know how to use her, I might as well share what I wrote using Setsuna... the only thing is there's really no context for this scene.  I don't know where it's going, or where it's coming from.  Just her being mysterious, and apparently needing a detective.  We don't have to use it.

Also sorry but I did just read HPMoR, so if it seems a little logicky, well, it's rubbed off on me.  It is a show with a summing-up, so it's not OOC or anything.

I'm also liking playing around with the idea that different universes might have had different versions of the same fiction, like the American Sailor Moon in DW2.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(07-15-2018, 10:22 AM)robkelk Wrote: (And if I get any urges to add more "friendly" characters to my corner of this, please whack me over the head with a paper fan. More foes are good; more people who I'll need to write on an ongoing basis are bad.)
(Whacks self over the head with a paper fan.)

But it's a character from one of the already-claimed franchises. Anyone who knows the stories should know who else I'm adding from this snippet.
Quote:There were three names on the list that Sebastian had forwarded to Rob. He recognized all three.

As much as he thought Taeko Minazuki might be a good choice, he realized that if Taeko moved to Ottawa, the rest of the major characters from Ai Yori Aoshi would follow sooner or later. Where would he put them? Better to let her and them go elsewhere, maybe San Antonio or Venice. They'd probably like Venice. Besides, it was Taeko - the one character from that story that Rob could see himself falling in love with ... and he already had two smart and lovely ladies filling that role in his life.

And it would be an even worse idea to hire Mahoro Ando - at least, not until Washuu-chan could extend her lifespan and she could engage in combat without worrying whether it would kill her. The building was still being attacked by the Host on an irregular basis; they didn't need Management to attack them as well. And where would he put Suguru and his classmates?

And when did he start thinking of the household as a paramilitary force? That was the opposite of what he had wanted a few months ago.

The third name ... Yeah. It's a hell of a choice that Sebastian was giving him. Then Rob realized he might be able to use that choice to his own advantage.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I like what you got going there, and it shouldn't interfere much with what I have going on.

The idea I had in mind is that Hotaru and Setsuna showed up together...

...And then poor Setsuna immediately went catatonic as her connection to the Gates of Time suddenly went haywire.  See, Setsuna isn't omnipotent.  That's not really possible unless you really are a God, and even then the debate rages.  Anyhow, She's not omnipotent, but she does keep a lot of potential futures stored up in that noggin of hers.

And now, the Gates of Time in the Metacontinuity are performing a MASSIVE rewrite on those particular sectors of her hard drive.

Hotaru, fortunately isn't quite the shrinking violet she used to be at this time.  And she loves Setsuna like a favorite aunt.  She uses her healing abilities to keep Setsuna's body sustained while she employs magical intelligence countermeasures so she can lay low and not be noticed by anyone or anything.  With Setsuna in the state she's in, Hotaru doesn't want to leave anything to chance.

And I can't say much more without spoiling the surprise.  Suffice to say, Hotaru gets righteously cheesed off and takes matters into her own hands.  (Well, more so than they had been beforehand. Tongue )
Now I'm picturing Hotaru getting completely angered, whipping out the Silence Glaive, announcing her "Death Reborn Revolution" attack that will end the world if it's completed ... and the Silence Glaive suddenly being blocked mid-swing by a battleaxe wielded by Belldandy. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Addendum: Rob, I can easily see the following happening...

Quote:"Incoming Portal!"

"It's fine, we were expecting this. Ben said he had a few things we might want. He hasn't been wrong about that so far. Good Neighbors indeed."

Ben stepped through, but not before he pushed a large flat-bed dolly stacked high with ominous looking long, flat boxes.

"Benjamin. Are those what I think they are?"

"Weapons," said Ben tersely. "And before you say anything, I checked. It's perfectly legal when you build your own guns from parts and scraps rather than modify an already constructed firearm. Ain't that a nifty loophole?"

"Right. What've you got?"

"You remember Garrick Grimm and how Washu-chan lets him have a go at her lab to see what he builds just for the helluvit?"

"You don't mean you got Raiden's Fucking Toothpick in there!?"

"What's Raiden's Toothpick?"

"Complete and total overkill by your reckoning. This maniac concocted a laser sniper-rifle that fires one-tenth second pulses... And at one whole terawatt per pulse!"

"WHAT?"

"Heh-heh-heh," cackled Ben with a wicked gleam in his eyes. "That's just me for you, though. I'm so far out there that I even freak the people the freak the 'danes. That aside, though, no. We're dealing with much more conventional things here. Good old cordite and projectiles. Though these should definitely manage to deal with anything up to and including that giant they sent after you guys. Though I felt we should play it safe and include some heavier ordinance."

"IS... IS THAT A BARRET .50 BULLPUP!?"

"Close. The upper on that thing is a single-shot bolt action chambered for the same 20mm rounds used in CIWS systems and fighter jets. I don't think I need to tell you exactly how much respect that thing demands. And speaking of... Hey Rob? A moment if you don't mind?"

"Sure... Okay, what's up?"

"I talked it over with Washu-chan and she agreed with me that it's very likely that escalation might occur. And in the words of Burt Gummer, when you need it and don't have it, you sing a whole 'nother tune." With that, Ben carefully handed Rob a small, nondescript box with a curiously dangerous looking warning logo on it. Ben only leaned over and whispered one word into Rob's ear and he went as white as a sheet.

"Goodfellow."

Thoughts? Wink

EDIT: Oh no worries. It won't come to that. It's going to be a different classification of 'righteously cheesed off'. The sort that will have Beldlandy right next to her with said battle ax. Big Grin
Labster: Love that last bit there. Though honestly, if she had done that to me I'd have just pointed her at the UberEats website and then watch the hilarity unfold. Yes, I would have to be the one cleaning up the mess afterwards, but damn if it won't be funny as all hell to see go down.
(07-24-2018, 08:29 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
Quote:"What's Raiden's Toothpick?"

"Complete and total overkill by your reckoning.  This maniac concocted a laser sniper-rifle that fires one-tenth second pulses... And at one whole terawatt per pulse!"

"WHAT?"

Quote:"How is that overkill? It's only one terawatt."

Rob looked at Mikoto, then turned back to Ben. "Electrokinetics. Gotta love 'em. And she can't generate that much power at once." He turned back to Mikoto. "Can you?"

"Made you ask!"

"This is not the time for jokes."

(07-24-2018, 08:29 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: "Goodfellow."
Sorry, I don't get the reference.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
You didn't read AdmiralTigerCla's fic, Sleeping with the Girls?

Okay, basically? Imagine a 12-gauge 3" magnum cartridge, expect it's got a fin-stabilized gyro jet round in there. There is a VERY GOOD REASON for this. Each one of those has a filament of antimatter suspended in a synthetic version of the Masu's body. It has the same explosive yield as the Davy Crockett (nuclear RPG at 0.5 Kilotons) but without any adverse aftereffects like radioactive fallout. (Instead, you just blew out every window within a mile or two.)

As for Mikoto.... Snrk. Even so, I'm pretty sure she would have heard the words 'one-tenth second pulse' in the same breath as 'one terawatt per pulse' and known that she either misheard that or think that the dumb American got the metric system messed up again.
It's been ages since I read Sleeping with the Girls. SI-Rob might have picked it up from where he left off, though.

And here I thought A Certain Magical Index / Scientific Railgun had some nasty surprises, like having an Archangel descend to Earth...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Link pls?

Also how can it be one Terawatt per pulse, I thought there was only one of her?

robkelk Wrote:As much as he thought Taeko Minazuki might be a good choice, he realized that if Taeko moved to Ottawa, the rest of the major characters from Ai Yori Aoshi would follow sooner or later. Where would he put them? Better to let her and them go elsewhere, maybe San Antonio or Venice. They'd probably like Venice.

I'm getting the distinct feeling that someone is going to force me to watch a new anime.  C'mon guys, I already watched Railgun and Black Butler for y'all.  Although, to be fair, I've watched -- *checks wiki page* -- seventeen anime series because of Undocumented Features, plus a couple western shows like B5 and Buckaroo Banzai.  So, I guess, thanks for telling me about good things to read and watch.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(07-24-2018, 09:08 PM)robkelk Wrote: It's been ages since I read Sleeping with the Girls. SI-Rob might have picked it up from where he left off, though.

And here I thought A Certain Magical Index / Scientific Railgun had some nasty surprises, like having an Archangel descend to Earth...

Well, it's stuff like that which Ben was thinking of when he talked Washu into making them - he know's Rob's gonna be careful with them, but Ben doesn't envy the man for the low-key stress that may put on him.
(07-24-2018, 09:46 PM)Labster Wrote: Link pls?

Here's Volume One, which comprises the first 'Loop' before he winds up back in Tenchiverse.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5792734/1/S...al-Reality

Volume Two is currently stalled.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6052381/1/S...aos-Theory
Black Aeronaut Wrote:"I talked it over with Washu-chan and she agreed with me that it's very likely that escalation might occur. And in the words of Burt Gummer, when you need it and don't have it, you sing a whole 'nother tune." With that, Ben carefully handed Rob a small, nondescript box with a curiously dangerous looking warning logo on it. Ben only leaned over and whispered one word into Rob's ear and he went as white as a sheet.
Umm BA? It occurs to me, that in the circumstances of this story, Burt Gummer (and El Blanco?) might actually be roaming around right now...
All the more reason to take that philosophy to heart. Besides, that would be more like a second season kinda thing where we get the whole package deal: Perfection Valley along with it's (un)usual inhabitants. Wink
So, once again someone said something in the Season 2 thread, and naturally my brain started tickin' like I was eating Chinese chickin...

(07-26-2018, 07:01 AM)robkelk Wrote: Which of course means that the very end of episode 200, where Usagi and Mamoru were alone together, hasn't happened. Despite SI-Rob's discussion with Mamoru about Canadian laws about "sexual interference", he's expecting that they've already known each other, possibly someplace quiet during the Halloween party.

Kekekekekek....

Quote:Some people like to say that Ben is about as subtle as a runaway freight train.  As Ben would say, though, "They don't know me vewy well, doo theeeyyy?"

The first time Ben shook Mamarou's hand, he carefully did so while palming the younger man a single key without a ring.  Mamarou was no fool.  He knew Ben had a very specific reason for this, and wisely chose not to call any kind of attention to it until he could talk to Ben in private.

It wasn't until a bit later when everyone else was occupied with the festivities getting under way that Mamarou could talk to Ben alone.

"Mr. Rhodes?"

"Please, just Ben.  Or Benjamin if you feel you gotta be a bit more formal."

"Yes, thank you Benjamin.  I was wondering why you gave me that object earlier."

Ben smiled a small, knowing grin.  "That's for unit number 122.  It's an unoccupied single bedroom unit in Japanese style with a very plush futon in the bedroom.  You will find condoms under the pillows - the good shit, mind, not the cheapo stuff.  There's also a minifridge with a variety of teas, ramune, and even a few energy drinks because I know you're gonna need a pick-me-up afterwards.  And, just in case, there's a single day after pill with the condoms - strictly for emergencies only because that will give her the period from Hell.  And Rob will get curious about why and how she's suddenly sick."

Mamarou was taken aback.  Not only by the utter completeness of what Ben was offering to him, and by extension through him, to Usagi as well.  But also because of how utterly and completely nonchalant Ben was being about the whole matter.

"... Not that I don't appreciate what you're trying to do here... but why?"

Ben shrugged as though this was an everyday thing for him.  "Because I'm not a fan of laws that dictate what kind of lifestyle other people think everyone else should be living.  I can understand the intent, but there are quite a few times that I take Malcolm Reynolds's view on these matters: I aim to misbehave.  Also, just because my love life is like trying to find water in the middle of the Sahara doesn't mean I wish that on other people.  Go.  Be happy.  Make her happy."

"... The world needs more people like you, Ben."

Ben shook his head.  "No.  If there were more people like me, then it would mean that the world is a much worse place than it is now."  Mamarou gave Ben a surprised look.  "I somehow survived childhood emotional abuse from my stepfather, and all with me having a laundry list of undiagnosed learning disabilities and a bona fied sleep disorder.  If you want to know more, I'll talk to you about it later.  Unlike some, I like to make damn sure that people know what it is that's eating me alive.  Anyhow, FYI: the walls are very soundproof.  Belldandy and Skuld made sure of that.  Give me five minutes and you'll have a distraction that will let you go unnoticed.  So for the last time, git goin'!"

Yep.  I'ma naughty naughty boy.  Wink

But really, this is going to be one of those moments that certain people will realize that there's a helluva lot more to Benjamin that what they see on the surface despite him wearing his heart on his sleeve.  Usagi is practically going to want to kiss him afterwards.  This will probably trigger the thing where the Jyuraian Polygyny gets brought up, and Ben has to stop Rei from potentially making a fool of herself... and in the process, accidentally gives her a glimpse into the abyss and makes her cry.  (Incidentally, this will be were Teletha pulls Kaname aside and demands to know if she could possibly accept her as a sister.)

And then, it will be after that, probably just as the party has died down and everyone else is going home, that Belldandy, Usagi, and Mamarou all sit down with Ben to talk about "what's eating him".  With that, Usagi is going to know exactly how much this meant to him, and will have to be stopped from tackle-glomping him - both to thank him profusely, and to tell him that everything is going to be alright.
(07-26-2018, 10:48 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: (Incidentally, this will be were Teletha pulls Kaname aside and demands to know if she could possibly accept her as a sister.)

"Tessa, we've sung on stage together, we've faced down Gauron together, we're both Whispered. The only reason I didn't like you is because you were my rival for Sosuke. But if we don't have to be rivals, that goes away."

"Which means..." Teletha said with a smile.

"Which means it's up to him."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Eh.  This is Kaname here.  She's not gonna let Tessa win her over quite that easily.

That said, though, I can easily see Tessa getting fed up with Kaname's recalcitrance and then going to break out the big guns.

Basically?  Seeing how Tessa can be zero fucks given where her attraction to Sousuke comes into play?  I can honestly see her doing this...

(Note: This is basically inspired by a plot bunny someone had where both Kaname and Tessa were captured by Amalgam and, due to an experiment, their mind got fused into one being that was neither Tessa nor Kaname, but a synthesis between the two that was an entirely new person shared between two bodies.  One of the bits that stuck in my head: KanTessa has both Tessa's zero-fucks-given attitude combined with Kaname's utterly irreverent sense of humor, thus leading to her teasing Sousuke with, "Neh, Sousuke?  Does it count as masturbation if I do it with myself~?")

And...

Oh boy.

It happened again.

I had one of THOSE moments.

This time, though, I'm gonna slap spoiler on this one as well, because this is getting into some dicey territory.  (Not for current time-frame stuff, but in regards to the past of one of the PMMM characters.)

Ben: "Oh, THAT'S NOT CREEPY AT ALL.  NUH-UH."
Kyoko: *cackles hysterically*

So, thoughts?
Addendum:

Oh, and naturally, Kyoko would drag Sayaka into it kicking and screaming. Until she hits Sayaka in her weak spot.

Hands.

Strong, yet supple and dexterous. With the boy she made the wish for, it was always all about the hands.

She makes Ben pet Sayaka on the cheek like a cat... and poor Sayaka practically melts on the spot.

And then it's all down hill from there.

As for Mami? Easy. She doesn't want to be left out by herself. Besides, she adores Ben's desire to nurture and protect while also carefully educating. "Hmmm... He would make a good father..." she'll say as she pats her stomach thoughtfully.

Also, I couldn't help but think of how all five of them would be as expecting mothers...

Madoka: *Gamely bearing it but...* "OW! Oh she's kicking again! OW! Please be nice to mommy!"

Homura: Zen-like. Often caught meditating, contemplating her future and that of her child. Can be caught sometimes giving a small smile at her belly.

Sayaka: *Utterly Crippled by hormone imbalances * "ooooowwwiiiiiieeeeee.... neeveerrr agaiiinnnn"

Mami: With utter freaking grace. Yes, definitely suffers from it from time to time, but she bears it with such peaceful contentment that it makes the others envious. Except for...

Kyoko: No notable change in behavior at all. Moves and acts freely. The only real difference is that she's getting the nesting instinct and isn't doing much to rein it in. Direct it, yes. But otherwise she's in full-blown happy mother mode, shopping for baby clothes and other sundries. In the world of expectant mothers, she is the one who metaphorically wears the short skirt and long jacket.
Kyoko: I don't suppose that
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
More or less, though she stuck more to the sex side of things. As mentioned, she had to be wary of 'the nice ones' as they were the ones that tended to start digging into her business.
I've completely lost track of what's going on and who everyone is so Imma just gonna go over here.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.