Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals

Black Aeronaut Wrote:...
Sounds to me like a lot of these groups are gonna be Japanese. Although that could be a thing - call it the Japanese Invasion Tour or something like that. Wink
If you really want some Western bands in there, I understand Spinal Tap is looking for a drummer.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Whoops! Your edit Ninja'd me, Bob!

Hrm... I've never seen Moldiver. What kind of role did Amy Lean have? Also, Partridge Family would probably throw off the feel of the tour big time - can you imagine the mood whiplash if 33-Stars took the stage right after them? :p

And I don't know if everyone in the tour would be able to survive if the bunch from Love Hina was involved. The 33-S girls would all drive Naru and Motoko utterly ballistic. :p

Of course, that could just be part of the fun.

Plus, they can have Kitsune managing the books while Keitaro works at arranging the more intimate details - lodgings, tour buses, and spa treatments. (These are mostly girls we're dealing with here. They're gonna want to get pampered now and then.)
Mustumi can be part of the act, too - I can't see her NOT having a lovely singing voice, and she'd probably want to do it anyhow because it makes people happy to hear her sing.

Koalla Su can be the engineer (as long as you make sure she's not making anything that is not purely pyrotechnics), and Haruko and Seta can manage the road crew.  Sarah McDougal is just along for the ride, but she would kinda help normalize things just by being a regular kid.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

If we're bringing in idols from other anime/manga who were not part of any particular clique, then we're obligated to also bring in Reika Chang/Vision.

Amy Lean was basically a background character in a single episode of Moldiver, but she got a huge outdoor concert under a space shuttle, and a song on the soundtrack ("Falling in Love in the 20th Century" or "Loving in the 20th Century" depending on whether it's the English translation or the original Japanese).
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yeesh. That sounds even leaner than Reika Chang/Vision in BGC. :p

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
Looks good. Let's see where you go with it. Smile

Does anyone have any thoughts about government involvement? Particularly what form it may take and how it might happen in your respective countries?

Also, ideas for other sub plots are very much welcome!
On the bureaucracy side of things: Utilities;
You have two Teenagers of potentially Gigawatt plus Generation/controll. That's going to mess with the local powergrid and expected usage,
building inspectors (I'm sorry, that needs to be installed by a certified Electrician),
Health department,
Animal Control (Have all your animals been Nuterred)(We've been recieving reports of a possibly Rabid Rabit terrorizing the local pets in the area...),
Constables/Police checking on Questionable Behavior...
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
I just realized something: Judging from what we've seen in her anime, Sailor Moon could probably put Kyubey's Grief Seeds back into the affected girls, saving them from their fate as Witches. (A scene in the final episode of "Sailor Stars" has her doing something similar to every other Sailor Senshi.)

Now, considering it took me this long to think of that, would IC-Rob think to suggest trying this before or after a few Witches have been killed?

EDIT: And we're going to need some Witches. I have a few ideas for the wish, powers, and labyrinth of Akane Tendo... but that would require other "Ranma 1/2" characters showing up as well.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Interesting idea, Rob.

I don't think we should have to deal with witches right away... I think that would come no sooner than half way through this arc.

We would probably have the idea after initial success with the Puella Magi girls. Though I think it'd be a nice twist if it came out that even after their souls were properly seated back into their bodies... That they still were magical girls afterwards.

After all, isn't it their fate to be magical girls? Wink

And I can see Usagi trying to gather up all the dispossessed magical girls regardless of series, at the very least for an afternoon of snacks and talking about boys.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

FINALLY! I got my power cord for my computer back from Florida, so now I can actually DO things!

Anyhow, I'd definitely volunteer to host a shindig of Magical Girls and similar types. The apartments my character manages is well suited for a party - the barbeque pits out here are perfect for doing all kinds of Japanese summer favorites.

We'll need transportation - Kuroko can't teleport that many people, or that far - but we'll bring the BeaverTails. (That's a fried-dough confection, not an animal product.)
--
Rob Kelk

I think Washu can arrange that. A short distance wormhole is easy for her, even if her lab is on lockdown. Best part is it neatly avoids customs. Just don't anyone get into any trouble. :p

Trade you some of those beaver tails for some pan dulce. Smile
EDIT: Just remembered that they have Pan Dulce over in Japan...  But Usagi is gonna freaking wig out when she has some of the stuff they make here.  SOOOO GOOOOOD!!!  Big Grin
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
robkelk Wrote:I'm going to ease off in my storytelling for a short while, and let everyone else catch up to where I am ...
Of course, "ease off" is not synonymous with "stop", so have another scene.

Now that I've reached that point - and set things up so that there will be eight Mysterious Transfer Students™ enrolling in an Ottawa school in a month - I can work on the side-story that I mentioned. At this point, I'll just say it'll focus on three characters and a lot of scenery. (And we all know The Significance Of Scenery, right?)

EDIT: The Significance Of Scenery
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Okay, pinging Dartz and Rob!

Here's a link to a real time collaborative word processor: http://piratepad.net/wB3zdNuctY

I just discovered that Titanpad is in the process of shutting down, so I went and turned up a clone, PiratePad.

We'll go ahead and use that pad to work out a collaborative post for everyone showing up and cleaning up.

Sounds good. I'm heading to work right now; I'll check the pad in a few hours (if it isn't blocked by the office firewall).
--
Rob Kelk

i'd rather not use Washu or Sailor Moon, just because she conveniently handwaves far too much away. It can really kill tension....

Maybe it takes too much time to get everyone ready, by which time the ambulance has arrived and we've a new problem to sort out.

Or we go with a BBQ fork accident, guard.... yes.... he slipped and fell on a BBQ fork and won't tell anyone otherwise because that means admitting to stabbing a woman.....

Black Aeronaut Wrote:Interesting idea, Rob.

I don't think we should have to deal with witches right away... I think that would come no sooner than half way through this arc.

We would probably have the idea after initial success with the Puella Magi girls. Though I think it'd be a nice twist if it came out that even after their souls were properly seated back into their bodies... That they still were magical girls afterwards.

I've asked a couple of my friends for ideas on who could become a Witch. Dave Watson just emailed me a doozy of an idea.

No, I'm not going to share just yet, except to say that some darkfic writers would appreciate it. I'll leave you adrift.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Dartz wrote:
i'd rather not use Washu or Sailor Moon, just because she conveniently handwaves far too much away. It can really kill tension....

Maybe it takes too much time to get everyone ready, by which time the ambulance has arrived and we've a new problem to sort out.

Or we go with a BBQ fork accident, guard.... yes.... he slipped and fell on a BBQ fork and won't tell anyone otherwise because that means admitting to stabbing a woman.....
Washu would probably not take very much time to get ready, really.  I'd say ten minutes at the absolute most and only because it'd take her about that long to put together a rig that can synthesize the exact perfluorocarbon mixture Lou would need... and also to wake Usagi and get her decent.  Meanwhile, I'd be on a tablet keeping tabs on the situation... probably using the same cellular network set up by the Goddesses.
Okay, so the ambulance might get there at about the same time we do...  How about we get there just before it does.  Washu only has enough time to modify the guy's memories of the incident.  Marler would be on scene, too, I'd imagine.  She's good at lying (Demon 1st Class, yo) so she can go ahead and spin a yarn about what happened (probably that she was the one that got attacked, her friends ran and escaped).  Before the medical guys get in, we actually do escape using Washu's portal - Marler can clean up any incriminating evidence (like pools of perfluorocarbons) in a literal snap.  While Marler handles things, Lou gets treated in Washu's lab while we all have a sitdown.

What do you think?
Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
Interesting idea, Rob.
I've asked a couple of my friends for ideas on who could become a Witch. Dave Watson just emailed me a doozy of an idea.
No, I'm not going to share just yet, except to say that some darkfic writers would appreciate it. I'll leave you adrift.
Ooookaayyyy... Not ominous at all there.  Not one bit.  :V

BA, I think I just sent you a PM, but Yuku didn't give me a confirmation message. The message had the current draft (read: I think it's ready to post, but want a pre-reader's opinion) of the side-story I've been promising people.
--
Rob Kelk

I like what you did there, Rob. Big Grin

Nice touch with the tanto. I wonder if we'll be seeing many other Predators. Beware the Soft Meat, the elders urge. Wink

I deliberately left it open whether they'd return. If anybody else wants to use them, feel free. If not, no big loss.
--
Rob Kelk

(gets back from Christmas break)
(notices the lack of activity)
(taps on microphone)

Is anybody else still here?
--
Rob Kelk

Sorry. My truck died.

AGAIN.

And this time I don't have the time or money to resurrect it, so now I'm stuck with getting up at 3:30am in the mornings to catch the bus and get into work on time. :p

FML.

OOC for the post that I just made in the BBS thread

I doubt all of the characters who IC-Rob listed will be in the Metacontinuity. Worse, Therestina will be in the Metacontinuity, but covering her tracks.

Possible groups - anyone marked with an asterisk wasn't on IC-Rob's list:
  • Touma/Index/Motoharu/Wataru/Sphinx*
  • Erii/Banri (these two will either be together or not present at all)
  • Mamoru/ChibiUsa*/Luna*/Artemis*
  • Hotaru/Haruka/Michiru/Setsuna
  • Naru/Gurio/Motoki/Unazuki

Less-likely groups - again, anyone marked with an asterisk wasn't on IC-Rob's list:
  • Misaki/Mitsuko
  • Komoe/Aiho/Tsuzuri
  • Misaka Imoto/Misaka [insert number here]/Misaka [insert number here]/Last Order/Accelerator*
  • Seiya/Taiki/Yaten (the Sailor Starlights)
(Yes, the Misaka numbers / "Litttle Sisters" really are that interchangeable, other than Misaka Imoto and Last Order.)

And, other than Therestina, it doesn't matter too much to me wither the others listed can be found.
--
Rob Kelk

Bump.

Looks like we probably aren't going to get any more writers on board for this. So... There are a few obvious groups of people who should be somewhere in the Metacontinuity, but haven't appeared yet - does anyone mind if they become groups unaffiliated with any self-inserts?
  • Mamoru Chiba, Usagi Chiba, Luna, and Artemis
  • Hotaru Tomoe, Haruka Tenoh, and Michiru Kaioh (and possibly Setsuna Meioh)
  • Toma Kamijo, Index Librorum Prohibitorum, and Aisa Himegami
  • Erii Haruue and Banri Edasaki (would need somebody to take them in)
  • Sylia Stingray, Linna Yamazaki, Nene Romanova, and Priss Asagiri
--
Rob Kelk

Sorry I haven't been doing much lately, guys. I've been really busy on my end - real life freaking bites. As soon as I can get on top of things, I'll get back on this project. Promise.