Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths
There's a minor note there about maybe throwing Kaorin in there into a spaceship, which is based on a comment I made to Rob last night.  Kaorin was in the astronomy club during high school -- in fact, she was the only one of the Azumanga cast not in the "Go Home" club.  (@other fanfic writers: this is evidence they all have stable home lives and families, as is their relative level of happyness)  If Osaka's head was in the clouds, Kaorin's was in the stars, gazing at what she could not touch.

I'm not sure in canon how much they actually studied stars or (extrapolation:) just sat around and had tea.   On vacation, Tomo asked Kaorin to point out Aquarius.  She couldn't do it and looked confused, even though it was August so Aquarius would definitely be in the sky.  From this, it's easy to infer that Tomo has a January/February birthday, though I don't know anyone else's.  It's possible that Tomo was trying to troll Kaorin for being gay via inference to Ganymede, but probably not -- she probably would have only thought of it if she actually understood what Akio Ohtori was saying back when she watched Utena.

Anyway, I think Kaorin would make an excellent navigator and spaceship officer once she actually learns to believe in herself.  Which is where I'm going, I just need to plot a course to get there.  At the current part of Arc 1, she's the only person in my house who is angsty.  If I end up adding Ai yori Aoshi, then that's a whole 'nother matter.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Planning for Arc 2 - Crisis on Infinite Earths - by Labster - 09-18-2018, 01:16 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-02-2016, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2016, 06:38 AM